Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 Unattended Sysprep Issue

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 Unattended Sysprep Issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Guys, Im attempting create an unattended sysprep windows 10 installation (1607) for the Surface Pro 4 using a USB and WinPE. I dont have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rabwick, Feb 5, 2017.

1. rabwick Win User

Surface Pro 4 Unattended Sysprep Issue

Hi Guys,

Im attempting create an unattended sysprep windows 10 installation (1607) for the Surface Pro 4 using a USB and WinPE. I dont have the current script with me but the process is roughly the following;

Install win 10 - audit mode
    Generate an unattend.xml using windows ADK and generating a catalog file
    sysprep.exe /generalize /oobe

I then boot into WinPE and capture the ESP and the windows image (c:/)

Now for the problem. Upon booting into WinPE on the target Surface Pro 4 i have a script running that basically preforms the following process:

Diskpart
    Select disk 0
    Clean
    Convert gpt
    Create partition efi size=200
    Assign letter=s
    Format quick fs=FAT32
    Create partition msr size=128
    Create partition primary
    Assign letter=c
    Format quick fs=NTFS
    Exit

In the script i then apply the images to the correct partitions using dism, and then run these commands based on this resource:
    Apply a Windows Image to UEFI-based Computers

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} device partition=s:
    bcdedit /set {memdiag} device partition=s:

bcdedit /set {default} device partition=c:
    bcdedit /set {default} osdevice partition=c:

Bcdedit /set {FWbootmgr} displayorder {Bootmgr} /addfirst

I have highlighed in blue where the script has a problem. Ignore the black rectangles in the screenshots but as you can
    see when the script reaches the point to create the drive letter c i recieve the error Virtual Disk Service Error: The specified drive
    letter is not free to be assigned. I believe what is occuring is that we used a faulty usb before this attempt and it has
    created hidden drives with an assigned C: letter which is why i can no longer change the drive letter.

How would i wipe out these virtual partitions to free up the letter C?

Edit: ive also noticed there are multiple boot managers in the bios

Regards,
    Rab

:)

rabwick, Feb 5, 2017

2. Windows 10 - Cannot read the < ProductKey > in the answer file for unattended installation

Did you use SysPrep to create unattended answer file?

You might need to delete it to proceed to the setup.

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 5, 2017
  3. saberman Win User
    Creator Update Stuck At 93% -- How Do I Recover

Surface Pro 3

Windows 10 Pro x64 1604

Started an update from 1604 to Creator a day or so ago. Left the machine unattended. Just checked and it is stuck at 93%.

How do I recover?

saberman, Feb 5, 2017
Thema:

Surface Pro 4 Unattended Sysprep Issue

1. Surface Pro 4 Unattended Sysprep Issue - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Unattended

2. Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 4 Battery issues: I decided to charge the battery with the charger that came with the surafce. Unfortunately,despite having power through the charger and the charger looking as good as new, with no damage seen and the white light being on the side port. The battery is not charging or holding...
  3. Win10 Pro x64 Ver 2004 Sysprep Unattend Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro x64 Ver 2004 Sysprep Unattend Problems: Hello, I'm having issues with doing an unattend sysprep file on the Win10 Pro x64 Version 2004 (Build 19041). I had a working version of the file for the Win10 Pro x641607 version (Build 14393) I used Kari's Win10 Audit Mode with Sysprep tutorial (for both). The machine...
  4. Surface pro 4 issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro 4 issues: My computer keeps switching rapidly between tablet mode and desktop. I cant click or touch anything in time for it to load, as it has already switched again. I tried hard Resets, but they ran into a blue error page, then restarted instead.does anybody know what to do? I need...
  5. Surface Pro 4 mouse issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 mouse issues: Recently my mouse stops working if I touch my Surface Pro 4 screen. Is this a known problem and is there a fix? Has only happened since the last couple of updates....
  6. Camera issue on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera issue on Surface Pro 4: Sometime in the last couple of weeks, the camera on my Surface Pro 4 has stopped working. When I try to snap a picture, I get the error 0xa00F4292, PhotoCaptureStartTimeout and no photo is taken. What I have tried: uninstall/reinstall camera, update drivers (none found),...
  7. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  8. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169
  9. Surface Pro 4 problems after sysprep and latest upgrade

Surface Pro 4 problems after sysprep and latest upgrade: Okay here's the deal; I have seven of these to set up for users here at work, and we have several applications that need to be preconfigured and standardized for users. Thus the boot into Audit Mode for setup and Sysprepping with "CopyProfile=True" in my xml file. First...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Sysprep WinPE Help

Surface Pro 4 Sysprep WinPE Help: Hi, im currently close to finishing sysprep on the surface pro 4. Im using winpe and StartNet.cmd to run a script, specifically the following script; @ECHO OFF :: Geovert :: 2016-03-09 :: Deploy Windows 10 wpeinit echo select disk 0 > diskpart%ID%.txt echo clean >>...