Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 will not connect to Starbucks Wi-Fi?

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 will not connect to Starbucks Wi-Fi? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have not used my surface on many unknown Wi-Fi networks. However, I have not had any problems where did. Today I tried logging in to Starbucks Wi-Fi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CalypsoArt, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Surface Pro 4 will not connect to Starbucks Wi-Fi?

I have not used my surface on many unknown Wi-Fi networks. However, I have not had any problems where did. Today I tried logging in to Starbucks Wi-Fi and got "no internet connection." I spent an hour on the phone sitting in Sbux talking to their Google-Sbux Wi-Fi tech support to no avail. I did all these:

Restarting Surface

Restarting browser/Wi-Fi

Disable firewall.

Clearing cache

Forgetting networks and re-connecting.

Disable/re-enable network adapter

Entering DNS settings.

Removal of the adapter driver and reinstall.

Nothing worked. I was pretty sure the tech was unfamiliar with Win 10 and was reading down a list of "fixes." At any rate, the problem was not solved. I suspect some sort of security switch with Win 10, but don't know where to look.

Internet searches found a few similar complaints regarding Surfaces and Starbucks' Wi-Fi. However, they were related to earlier models. Anyone have this problem and figure it out?

p.s. Of course I was the only one with a Microsoft product in a sea of Apple machines. You see how this type of thing further makes MS look bad.

:)

CalypsoArt, Mar 24, 2016

2. Surface pro 4 will not connect to microsoft wireless adaptor

I am trying to connect my surface pro 4 to my Microsoft adaptor. It worked for nearly 6 months before a big update in March-April. Since then i cannot connect. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps listed here: https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-ie/support/troubleshooting/adapters/common-issues.
    Every time there is a big windows update (this morning for example) the adaptor will connect once but never again. It is so frustrating. Has any fix been found? It seems to be a widespread issue.

GerardSharpe, Mar 24, 2016
  3. Surface pro 4 will not connect to microsoft wireless adaptor

seems to be a widespread issue.

Coincidentally I just gave a related thread some of the possible diagnostics that I am aware of for trying to understand this symptom

Marvel Adapter Driver in Surface Pro 4 Problems

FWIW I think we need to find better workarounds than what we have so far.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Mar 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Surface Pro 4 will not connect to Starbucks Wi-Fi?

Problem with Wi-fi sense maybe?

Surface Pro 4 will not connect to Starbucks Wi-Fi? [​IMG]

dalchina, Mar 24, 2016
Thema:

Surface Pro 4 will not connect to Starbucks Wi-Fi?

1. Surface Pro 4 will not connect to Starbucks Wi-Fi? - Similar Threads - Surface Pro connect

2. Surface Pro 4 - Midi Connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 4 - Midi Connectivity: Surface Pro 4 with clean install & won't recognize midi when plugged in, yet it powers up the devices Arturia MiniLab II nor Zoom R24.I found a Windows driver issue on their website which recommended taking out the Intel Smart Sound Technology driver. This doesn't do it.I've...
  3. Surface Pro 4 - Midi Connectivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 4 - Midi Connectivity: Surface Pro 4 with clean install & won't recognize midi when plugged in, yet it powers up the devices Arturia MiniLab II nor Zoom R24.I found a Windows driver issue on their website which recommended taking out the Intel Smart Sound Technology driver. This doesn't do it.I've...
  4. Surface Pro 4 - Midi Connectivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Surface Pro 4 Will not connect to Wi-Fi after start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Pro 4 Will not connect to Wi-Fi after start up: Surface Pro 4 Will not connect to Wi-fi after start up. Work around is to run the troubleshooter over and over again. The connection will eventually be made. No feedback report or anything saying an issue exists because the troubleshooter thinks the issue is resolved after...
  6. Windows 10 update 2004 breaks Wi-Fi on my Surface Pro 4

Windows 10 update 2004 breaks Wi-Fi on my Surface Pro 4: Anyone with a Surface Pro 4 and Marvell Wi-Fi experience this breaking change in Windows 10 v2004 update? The repro below is very reliable, and I haven't yet found anyone with the same issue or any Wi-Fi driver updates that are known to fix the issue. Equally valuable would...
  7. Wi Fi connections

Wi Fi connections: Hi there I have several computers of various ages all running windows 10 my newest computers seem to stay connected without issue my older comps microsoft surface core I7 8gig ram and my toshiba core I5 8gig ram both have lost connections from time to time and the...
  8. Connecting keyboard to surface 4 pro

Connecting keyboard to surface 4 pro: I cannot get my keyboard to connect anymore to my surface pro 4. I re-set to default but this didn't help either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-keyboard-to-surface-4-pro/b51b8035-a4b2-4f33-9640-17bf07822dc9
  9. Wi Fi connections

Wi Fi connections: My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time. It was working fine until today and not sure what might have changed....
  10. Wi-Fi Connectivity

Wi-Fi Connectivity: After Windows 10 upgrade on my HP P7-1420t I lost my ability to connect to Wi-Fi. Network Adapters listed in Device Manager: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Wan Miniports - IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP and Network Monitor. Any help in regaining my Wi-Fi...