Windows 10: Surface Pro Contextual Menu when clicking on desktop icons

Discus and support Surface Pro Contextual Menu when clicking on desktop icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently purchased a Surface Pro (2017) and have been enjoying it as my portal and more tablet like system. (( I use a high end rig as my primary)).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ClineFamily, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Surface Pro Contextual Menu when clicking on desktop icons

I recently purchased a Surface Pro (2017) and have been enjoying it as my portal and more tablet like system. (( I use a high end rig as my primary)).

Recently, I noticed that my contextual menus seem fine on most things, but when clicking on a desktop item (like trying to check properties on a folder on the desktop) the menu is more spread out and contains scroll arrows on the top and bottom. When I try to use touch to scroll the contextual menu, I cannot normally unless I drag near one of the arrows. This is count intuitive and quite annoying.

Is there a way to customize or fix this so that the contextual menus are not so spread out and are able to be navigated easier?

:)

ClineFamily, Sep 3, 2018

2. Surface Pro Contextual Menu when clicking on desktop icons

I recently purchased a Surface Pro (2017) and have been enjoying it as my portal and more tablet like system. (( I use a high end rig as my primary)).

Recently, I noticed that my contextual menus seem fine on most things, but when clicking on a desktop item (like trying to check properties on a folder on the desktop) the menu is more spread out and contains scroll arrows on the top and bottom. When I try
    to use touch to scroll the contextual menu, I cannot normally unless I drag near one of the arrows. This is count intuitive and quite annoying.

Is there a way to customize or fix this so that the contextual menus are not so spread out and are able to be navigated easier?

ClineFamily, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Contextual menu

Bonjour,

Back to my problem.

Thank you Akheel Ahmed for your answer.

According to the result of sfc /scannow everything is OK in the Windows system.

The problem is that for a few shortcut icons on the desktop (Skype,...) the contextual menu is displayed correctly, but for all others:

• nothing is displayed,
    • the system seem to be frozen, the mouse cursor becomes a spinning wheel for waiting, mouse buttons are inefficient for a few seconds,
    • then the display gets black for less than 1 second,
    • and finally everything comes back to the normal state (without contextual menu !).
    If I display the desktop folder with Windows Explorer, the problem is the same: impossible to get the contextual menu from the involved shortcuts.

Does this give you an idea to solve my problem ?

Pierre

Pierre THOMAS, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

Surface Pro Contextual Menu when clicking on desktop icons

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

Surface Pro Contextual Menu when clicking on desktop icons

1. Surface Pro Contextual Menu when clicking on desktop icons - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Contextual

2. Opening start menu causes any left click to open the contextual menu (right click) on top...

in Cortana
    Opening start menu causes any left click to open the contextual menu (right click) on top...: Hello! When I'm opening the start menu after a fresh startup, my left click works properly but opens the contextual menu. However, if I open the search bar, I get completely locked out of the start menu (I can still alt+TAB out of it) because of the contextual menu on top of...
  3. WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu: Ever since a day ago whenever I right click a generic folder with (only) music files in it, the "Add To WMP" and "Play With WMP" no longer show up. If I open any of those folders and right click on any music file those commands do show up. And after I've done that, if I close...
  4. WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu

in Windows 10 Support
    WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu: Ever since a day ago whenever I right click a generic folder with (only) music files in it, the "Add To WMP" and "Play With WMP" no longer show up. If I open any of those folders and right click on any music file those commands do show up. And after I've done that, if I close...
  5. Error Message when Clicking Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error Message when Clicking Desktop Icons: When my Desktop came up upon booting, when I clicked on Icons, I was getting a message stating 'token cannot be accessed', instead of activating the icon. I believe there was an update being installed. After powering off the machine, and back on, everyting seems fine. Any...
  6. Dark context menu when right clicking desktop, folders and icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark context menu when right clicking desktop, folders and icons.: When you right click anywhere on the taskbar, you get a sleek dark grey context menu with easy to read white text. I also like the animations and overall it's really crisp, Microsoft did a good job with that. My question is this: why didn't they extend this feature to the...
  7. Remote desktop crashes when right click icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop crashes when right click icon on desktop: Hi friends i have 2 computers one is laptop and the other is desktop.Both are on windows 10 with genuine windows license and 100% updated. I am having a weird problem and it started recently. When connected to laptop via remote desktop, if i right click on any icon then the...
  8. Contextual click issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Contextual click issues: Whenever I right click in a folder to copy/paste or do anything, the contextual menu doesn't show up. Here's a sample of the problem attached. I've tried disabling shell extensions related to contextual stuff, didn't help. Any suggestions? It's frustrating as all get...
  9. remove contextual menu

in Windows 10 Support
    remove contextual menu: remove contextual menu cut and copy and create shortcut. Thank you. [img] 47558
  10. Left click start menu makes desktop icon disappear.

in Windows 10 Support
    Left click start menu makes desktop icon disappear.: A customer brought me a machine with an issue I have never seen before. All desktop icons were gone and the only thing on the desktop is 3 lines in the upper left (opens an empty start menu), 3 lines in the lower left (opens all programs list) and the power button above that....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro how de display a contextual menu shortcut