Windows 10: Surface Pro sleep/wake buttion

Discus and support Surface Pro sleep/wake buttion in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i just installed W10TP (9926) on my surfacepro. i got everything working but the sleep/wake button i got the driver pack but the device manager says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cammykool, Feb 21, 2015.

1. cammykool Win User

Surface Pro sleep/wake buttion

i just installed W10TP (9926) on my surfacepro. i got everything working but the sleep/wake button i got the driver pack but the device manager says everything is good... do you know where i can find the driver?

Thanks!

:)

cammykool, Feb 21, 2015

2. Cpu Usage by LockAppHost.exe

I'm seeing LockAppHost running high CPU for several minutes after wake-from-sleep. Surface Pro 3. On wake from sleep the computer is unusable for about 5 minutes. Argh!

Andrew332211, Feb 21, 2015
  3. Randy_845 Win User
    No "Allow wake timers" option in advanced power settings

There is no "Allow wake timers" option under "Sleep" (or anywhere) in the advanced power settings. The only option under "Sleep" is "Sleep after". Was this removed in a recent update? Might it be something that a group policy removed? Could it be something
    specific to the Surface Pro 4? I need to be able to disable the wake timers.

Possibly related information: "Allow scheduled maintenance to wake up my computer at the scheduled time" is greyed out in the maintenance settings in the "Security and Maintenance" control panel and the "Schedule a time" radio button in "Restart options"
    in "Settings" is also greyed out (and supposedly off, but I do not know if the setting is honored when there is no option to change the setting).

System details:

Surface Pro 4

Windows 10 Pro 1709 build 16299.192

Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 4 / Power, battery, and performance

Randy_845, Feb 21, 2015
  4. badrobot Win User

No. Not the preview on surface pro. Roll it back while you still can.

badrobot, Feb 22, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    That's gotta take balls! I was timid enough putting the Preview on my $40 phone!

Edwin, Feb 22, 2015
  6. cammykool Win User
    yeah it took about 30 minutes i ran like hell the other way with my tail between my legs back to windows to go drives for me... shame i run 10 on everything else and it runs so well why does it suck so bad on my sp1? damn

cammykool, Feb 22, 2015
  7. adamf Win User
    Have you looked in power options, choose what the power buttons do? In one of my installs (in a VM though) the ACPI shutdown didn't work because the buttons weren't defined to do anything (the boxes were blank).

adamf, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Surface Pro sleep/wake buttion - Similar Threads - Surface Pro sleep

2. Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone: This is extremely frustrating. I put my surface pro in my backpack fully charged and when I get it back the battery has been drained to 50%.The light of the screen even wakes me up in the middle of the night for no reason.* There are no BIOS "USB wake up" options.* The Power...
  3. Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone: This is extremely frustrating. I put my surface pro in my backpack fully charged and when I get it back the battery has been drained to 50%.The light of the screen even wakes me up in the middle of the night for no reason.* There are no BIOS "USB wake up" options.* The Power...
  4. Surface Pro does not sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro does not sleep: I have set my surface pro to sleep after 2 hrs when plugged in but it never sleeps. No errors or anything, but i have to always manually rurn it off which sucks if i fall asleep while watching a movie....
  5. Surface Pro Wake On Lan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Pro Wake On Lan: Hi all I am on a Surface Pro 6 running the 20H2 Windows 10 build. Plugged into Surface dock with ethernet cable and AC always powered. Trying to get Wake On Lan working on it. Have installed the WOL driver from Microsoft here:...
  6. Surface Pro 6 - Sleep Unavailable

Surface Pro 6 - Sleep Unavailable: I have a Surface Pro 6 that is fully up to date. My wife also has the exact same computer which we purchased at the same time. Mine does not have the Sleep option available. I have tried going into advanced power options but there is no option to tick the box for sleep on my...
  7. Surface Pro 7 crashes when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 7 crashes when waking up from sleep: Happened four times during one month. SP7 is docked to an external monitor via USB C, plugged to its own power adapter. Surface display is turned off due to the cover keyboard being closed. Using wireless keyboard and mouse via usb dongle Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900....
  8. Surface Pro 5 Sleep Issues

Surface Pro 5 Sleep Issues: My Surface Pro 5 will not sleep, nor will the display turn off, automatically, though I can do both manually. I have checked and adjusted the power and sleep settings and confirmed that the device should sleeping, and that its display should be turned off, after a short...
  9. My surface pro 5 fails to sleep and wake up

My surface pro 5 fails to sleep and wake up: Hi, Recently I have been finding that when I wake my surface pro up from sleeping, it has rebooted and things like my Hyper-V VM has not been shut down gracefully. Is there any reason this would be happening? I have checked my update history and there has not been an...
  10. Waking surface pro from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Waking surface pro from sleep: Can someone show how to wake a Surface Pro with Window 10 installed from sleep to run a scheduled task? it seems like Connected Standby mode disables all desktop apps from waking it from a sleep mode. For instance, a task in the task scheduler to wake up is simply ignored...