Windows 10: Surface Studio not read any SD Card

Discus and support Surface Studio not read any SD Card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This issue started 2 days ago No matter what SD Card I put in, the Surface Studio does not see it. I tried the Trouble Shooting but nothing came up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HonHui1, Aug 20, 2018.

1. HonHui1 Win User

Surface Studio not read any SD Card

This issue started 2 days ago

No matter what SD Card I put in, the Surface Studio does not see it.

I tried the Trouble Shooting but nothing came up and also try updating

Please assist.

:)

HonHui1, Aug 20, 2018
  2. HonHui1 Win User

This issue started 2 days ago

No matter what SD Card I put in, the Surface Studio does not see it.

I tried the Trouble Shooting but nothing came up and also try updating

Please assist.

HonHui1, Sep 13, 2018
  3. New Surface Book 2 Won't Read from SD Card

Ok, this is for a surface book, but the steps should apply here as well:

Make sure your card is inserted properly,

Open Device Manager and look for non recognized device in Other devices.

Right click and use option "Update Driver Software..."

Go to Browse my computer

Go to Let me pick from a list

From the list, click on SD host adapters

Choose the last one: USB Mass Storage Device. Please do not choose any Related USB Card Reader devices.

Credit:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/for...

Give this a shot and let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Joe Men Win User

Phone is not reading the SD card.

Hello,
    Jeevan

Thank you for posting your query to Microsoft Community. We understand that you Lumia 640 XL LTE is having issues reading your SD memory card.

There is a possibility that the SD memory card corrupted. Please try to perform a Scan Disk maintenance on it by following the steps below:

• Turn off your phone and remove the SD card. Use a SD card reader and plug it in to your computer.
    • Open Computer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Computer.
    • Right-click the SD card drive that you want to check, and then click "Properties".
    • Click the "Tools" tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check Now.
    • Put a check mark on the "Automatically fix the file system errors" and "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors".
    • Click Start.
      • Wait for the Scan Disk process to complete, then mount your SD memory card back to your phone.
    Hope this helps.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Joe Men, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Surface Studio not read any SD Card - Similar Threads - Surface Studio read

2. SD Card reading error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD Card reading error: I've been using Windows 11 now for a few weeks on my new PC. Lately I've been using my DSLR camera to take photos for a college course and I've noticed almost every time I plug the SD card into my PC explorer crashes. Explorer becomes unresponsive, I'm unable to end task or...
  3. SD Card reading error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD Card reading error: I've been using Windows 11 now for a few weeks on my new PC. Lately I've been using my DSLR camera to take photos for a college course and I've noticed almost every time I plug the SD card into my PC explorer crashes. Explorer becomes unresponsive, I'm unable to end task or...
  4. SD card not reading

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card not reading: hi my sd card was importing pictures and videos perfectly until it seems i did an update on windows 10.i have a lenovo laptop.for the last 2 days when i put the sd card in nothing happens,the sd card is from a wildlife trail cam.Please help...
  5. Read-Only SD Card

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Read-Only SD Card: I have been all over Google and Reddit and can't get an answer to this that actually works. I find the exact same solutions over and over again and none of them work. I would love it if someone could give me some new alternatives or point me to a resource that can guide me...
  6. Troubleshooting Failure to Read SD Card/Recognize SD Card Reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Troubleshooting Failure to Read SD Card/Recognize SD Card Reader: Very frustrating trying to figure out the problem. Installed 32GB Class 10 SD Card https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J1G261N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 in Game Camera, formatted per instructions and set the unit outside. Just retrieved it, and tried...
  7. SD card not reading

SD card not reading: I've inserted the SD card and it isn't visible on my Lenovo Yogi laptop. There are no updates waiting. Worked before I installed Windows 10, now nothing... USB thumb drive works no problems....
  8. Windows will not read a SD card

Windows will not read a SD card: Used a new card reader the first week of Jan 2020 with no problem with either micro or regular sd cards. Could view and copy files. Now after a few updates to Windows 10 nothing is visible. I unchecked hide empty drives and now there is a list of the drives associated with...
  9. Trouble reading micro sd card.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble reading micro sd card.: Hello there. I've been having an issue with micro sd cards lately. I own a 1 and half year old Acer Switch hybrid notebook and have used a 64gb class 10 card with it from day 1. After about an year, windows explorer began to freeze when trying to read from the card, and would...
  10. my sd card readed not working

my sd card readed not working: After upgrading to Windows 10 my SD Card not recognized, my PC does not detect the card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sd-card-readed-not-working/d9c367b7-7411-4a7e-bb70-8716a275fbc7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sd reader surface studio

2. surface studio not recognizing sd card

3. surface studio not able to read sd cards

4. Surface Studio will not detect SD Card,
  5. surface studio sd card reader driver,
  6. KB4457128 stand alone