Windows 10: Surface Tablet- Win10

Discus and support Surface Tablet- Win10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Surface Tablet Running Win10. Problem Is, I must Find the MODEL NUMBER! Everybody I ask says everthing you need is under the "KICKSTAND"!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tully, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Tully Win User

Surface Tablet- Win10

I have a Surface Tablet Running Win10.
    Problem Is, I must Find the MODEL NUMBER!

Everybody I ask says everthing you need is under the "KICKSTAND"!

It IS NOT! The only thing there is the windows Logo & under it is 128GB the serial number 022838544753!

How do I find out the Model number from the serial number?

:)

Tully, Dec 17, 2016

2. Sync Pro4 with my other tablet both Win10

I have a surface Pro 4 that I have setuip and it's perfect . Now I have a NextBook with Win10 (both have Win10) and what I want to do is be able to sync the NextBook, so that it has the same apps and tiles are in the same position as with the Surface Pro
    4. Not only that but I want them to have the same apps on both tablets. Both tablets have been updated with apps and Win10. Can this be done or will I need to have the Surface Pro4 on and opened and just do the matching manually on the NextBook. I also
    have ordered a Dell XPS 18 with win10 on it and would like to have that also look the same as the Pro4

thanks

Pat

PatrickEvans1959, Dec 17, 2016
  3. JimIrwin Win User
    Don't require password on wakeup isn't working

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I do have an Asus computer that I used during the Insider program. It works as expected -- Win10 does not prompt for a password when that computer wakes up. I've compared the settings on the Asus to the settings
    on the HP and Surface tablets and I see no difference. But the HP and Surface still prompt at every wakeup.

JimIrwin, Dec 17, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Surface Tablet- Win10

Run msinfo32.exe on your Surface Pro. This will produce a display like this:

Surface Tablet- Win10 [​IMG]

As you can see, the "System Model" line in this output gives you that information; Surface Pro 3 in the case of my test machine.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 17, 2016
  5. Tully Win User
    Ed:

Thanx:

I just didn't have my brains in gear
    Funny, no one else I contacted could give me what you did!
    I guess that is why you are a "Consultant"!

Tully, Dec 17, 2016
  6. dencal Win User
    Hi Tully.
    Another method on SP4....open Settings, Accounts, Your Info, Manage My Microsoft Account.
    All Computers you have connected to your account are listed......for example I have three.

dencal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Surface Tablet- Win10

1. Surface Tablet- Win10 - Similar Threads - Surface Tablet Win10

2. Surface Tablet Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Tablet Not Working: My surface Tablet updated and doesn’t want to work now. I’m able to turn it on and see the windows logo and it’ll load for a few minutes then just goes to a grey screen, you can tell it’s turned on but doesn’t show anything. This has happened before but after a few hours or a...
  3. Surface Tablet Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Tablet Not Working: My surface Tablet updated and doesn’t want to work now. I’m able to turn it on and see the windows logo and it’ll load for a few minutes then just goes to a grey screen, you can tell it’s turned on but doesn’t show anything. This has happened before but after a few hours or a...
  4. Cannot recover PIN with a Surface tablet!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot recover PIN with a Surface tablet!: I have a Surface tablet that was untouched since 2016. I cannot find the keyboard for it but it’s a tablet, right? I spent all day yesterday patching it to get it up to current, and suddenly it asks for a PIN to login. I don’t remember my pin. No biggie, I select “forgot pin”...
  5. Cannot recover PIN with a Surface tablet!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot recover PIN with a Surface tablet!: I have a Surface tablet that was untouched since 2016. I cannot find the keyboard for it but it’s a tablet, right? I spent all day yesterday patching it to get it up to current, and suddenly it asks for a PIN to login. I don’t remember my pin. No biggie, I select “forgot pin”...
  6. Cannot recover PIN with a Surface tablet!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Surface not switching between Tablet or Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface not switching between Tablet or Desktop: Hi, I have to manually change modes between Tablet and Desktop, even though the settings are to "switch and don't ask". Nothing happens when I plug in the dock, other than the usual USB sounds for devices connecting. Is there some other setting I have missed?...
  8. Fusion5 Win10 tablet recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fusion5 Win10 tablet recovery: I have a Fusion5 Win10 tablet that I want to reset but the recovery says I need to free up 2gb of space and the only thing I have on there is the OS. The drive is a 32gb SD card I want to reset it so I can sell the tablet....
  9. Email in Win10 Tablet

in Browsers and Email
    Email in Win10 Tablet: I am trying to get email from my Cloud server but can not find any way of doing it in the mail app. Urgent advice needed Thanks 64094
  10. Win10 Tablet Networking Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Tablet Networking Problem: Totally new to Win10 (and still prefer Win7). Recently purchased an Acer Win10 Tablet and wanted to connect to my existing network of two Win7 Desktops and two Win Vista Laptops. I just CANNOT get the Tablet to corporate! Sometimes it shows up on the network "map" and...