Windows 10: Surface Windows 10 and on screen keyboard

Discus and support Surface Windows 10 and on screen keyboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anyone know why there is a white circle under the cursor in Word 2013? When you click on the white dot it brings the on screen keyboard. I cant just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by holycow131415, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Surface Windows 10 and on screen keyboard

Anyone know why there is a white circle under the cursor in Word 2013? When you click on the white dot it brings the on screen keyboard. I cant just click on the word document, or chrome for that matter... to start typing? It works in Edge... Yes setting > Devices > Typing > and then Turn on "Automatically show touch keyboard is turned on, and the keyboard pops up in the control panel, or cortana when I go to type in those sections... just not in apps.

Tablet mode doesnt help either.

is it a Windows Update that changed how touch screen and fingers work or something? The white dot under the cursor was not there before, and I think the two issues are related some how. What setting am I missing to turn this off?

:)

holycow131415, Mar 22, 2016

2. Surface Pro keyboard problems in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I will surely help you with this.

Which Keyboard are you facing issues with? Is it On-screen keyboard or Surface Keyboard?

If it is on-screen keyboard, please refer to the article for additional information:

Home of the Microsoft Surface Device Family | Surface

If it is Surface Keyboard, which Surface keyboard are you using? To find out refer the article below:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...hich-surface-keyboard-do-i-have?os=windows-10

Regarding the onscreen keyboard, the information I have is that, by design, you must manually open the onscreen keyboard by selecting the keyboard from the taskbar.

If you don't see the icon, right-click (or press and hold) the taskbar and make sure the
    Show touch keyboard button has a check mark next to it.

Hope this solves the issue, please let us know if the issue still exists. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you

Deepak Krishnan R, Mar 22, 2016
  3. Text input via the writing 'on-screen keyboard' hangs mid-line.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand that you are facing issues with on screen keyboard.

Please refer to this post on the similar issue and check if it helps for you.

Surface Pro 3 Windows 10 on screen keyboard

Here's another one:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfpro3-surfusingwin10/surface-pro-3-windows-10-on-screen-keyboard/f002b81e-fbfa-42cc-8689-d29da3981be4?page=2

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, Mar 22, 2016
  4. Surface Windows 10 and on screen keyboard

Anyone have any ideas?

holycow131415, Mar 24, 2016
Thema:

Surface Windows 10 and on screen keyboard

1. Surface Windows 10 and on screen keyboard - Similar Threads - Surface screen keyboard

2. Surface keyboard recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface keyboard recovery: I accidentally deleted my surface keyboard and mouse. My bluetooth mouse isnt working. My bluetooth keyboard works but only the up and down arrows. I am unable to restart...
  3. Surface keyboard recovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface keyboard recovery: I accidentally deleted my surface keyboard and mouse. My bluetooth mouse isnt working. My bluetooth keyboard works but only the up and down arrows. I am unable to restart...
  4. Surface keyboard recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface Keyboard problem

Surface Keyboard problem: My surface keyboard goes berserk and keeps repeating a character or a sequence like this aaaaasaaaaaaas. It goes on and on. Please help. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-keyboard-problem/f96efa26-88e0-42ef-ba0c-85f5b85cc5e1
  6. Surface Keyboard driver ready - No Surface Keyboard Here

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Keyboard driver ready - No Surface Keyboard Here: Windows 10 Pro v1909 Today I got offered on Windows Update: Surface - Keyboard 1.0.104.0 Ready to download when I am not on a Metered Connection In Devices I have a "Digital Media Keyboard" , no Surface Keyboard listed. What do I do with this thing? 165335
  7. Blue Screen - Windows 10 - Surface Pro 7 - When using the surface keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen - Windows 10 - Surface Pro 7 - When using the surface keyboard: Hi guys, just got my new surface 7. Upgraded from surface 4. The old surface 4 gave me blue screen every time I tried to use the track pad or any keys on the surface keyboard. This happened after a microsoft update a couple of years ago. I followed every discussion board...
  8. Surface keyboard - Screen to physical

Surface keyboard - Screen to physical: Somehow my Surface keyboard was changed so that the physical one does not work. How can I switch from the screen keyboard to my physical keyboard? Pulling the physical keyboard away does not fix the problem....
  9. Problem with Screen Cursor (and keyboard) Surface Pro 4, Windows 10 Pro

Problem with Screen Cursor (and keyboard) Surface Pro 4, Windows 10 Pro: My cursor starts to flash and is difficult to use when it is flashing. It appears it has something to do with a transparent Semi Circle that appears in the upper part and slightly above the right end of the taskbar. If, using my finger, I touch the screen within the semi...
  10. Windows surface keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows surface keyboard: How do I access emojis and special characters (accents, etc.)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-surface-keyboard/2135ca6e-539c-4638-889d-051122dd9769