Windows 10: Suspect Chrome Extensions

Discus and support Suspect Chrome Extensions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Malicious Chrome Extensions... https://documents.trendmicro.com/ass...-droidclub.pdf 103743 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dencal, Feb 4, 2018.

1. dencal Win User

Suspect Chrome Extensions

dencal, Feb 4, 2018
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Latest version of Chrome just will not work!

Chrome works great on my copy of Windows 10. And just today I installed Chrome on Windows 10 running in a virtual machine. (I'm teaching myself Hyper-V.) Chrome works great there too. If you've got problems with Chrome, even with a clean install of Chrome,
    and even with no extensions enabled, it's not because of Windows 10. I would suspect your anti-malware application(s). My virtual machine runs Windows Defender (so far.) My other Windows 10 install, on physical hardware, has Kaspersky Internet Security 2016.

BulldogXX, Feb 4, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Pages reload a lot...

In Chrome Top Right Button with (...) on it, click 'More Tools' - Extensions

On the Extensions page, click 'Get More Extensions', type 'Stop AutoRefresh' into the search box and press enter

Select Auto Refresh Blocker and Add the Extension to Chrome

Restart Chrome

I Hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Feb 4, 2018
  4. Suspect Chrome Extensions

Considering the amount of available Chrome extensions, that isn't a long list.

Masterchiefxx17, Feb 5, 2018
  5. Steve C Win User
    Who installs such garbage?

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Suspect Chrome Extensions

1. Suspect Chrome Extensions - Similar Threads - Suspect Chrome Extensions

2. Chrome Extension Related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome Extension Related: I saw a extension in my chrome extension called web safety extension and I do not recall when it is added and also google says it is a malware, So i delete it will it cause my laptop please answer. Nor it is safe to remove that extension....
  3. Chrome Extension Related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome Extension Related: I saw a extension in my chrome extension called web safety extension and I do not recall when it is added and also google says it is a malware, So i delete it will it cause my laptop please answer. Nor it is safe to remove that extension....
  4. Chrome Extension Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome Extension Virus: Hello, there is an extension called "Apps" on my computer that I can not remove. It says that it isn't from the Chrome Web Store and I feel like I've done everything to try and remove it but yet it is still there. It usually closes Chrome and reopens randomly. It has also...
  5. Chrome Extension Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome Extension Virus: Hello, there is an extension called "Apps" on my computer that I can not remove. It says that it isn't from the Chrome Web Store and I feel like I've done everything to try and remove it but yet it is still there. It usually closes Chrome and reopens randomly. It has also...
  6. Chrome Extension Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Google Chrome Extensions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome Extensions: I'm using Google Chrome for my browser. I keep receiving a notice to "protect your browser" by installing an extension. Does Google control the extensions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/google-chrome-extensions/85f3af18-4ea5-4fc1-9148-ef8fbe344fdb
  8. chrome extensions

in Browsers and Email
    chrome extensions: Anybody know why Google has pulled the Ghostery extension from it's web store? Even the actual website, when trying to install it you get error 404. Same thing from when trying to get it from MajorGeeks site. 141805
  9. Ad-blocking extensions in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Ad-blocking extensions in Chrome: Hi, Do the ad-blocking extensions in Google Chrome, still just hide the ads instead of preventing them from downloading? I heard that Chrome can't prevent the ads from getting downloaded, but that is a long time back now. Regards, L 82736
  10. Grammarly Chrome Extension

in Browsers and Email
    Grammarly Chrome Extension: Suspect Chrome Extensions Posted below before I saw related post above. This post probably needs to be transferred. Excerpt from article. Grammarly has fixed a security bug in its Chrome extension that inadvertently allowed access to a user's account --...