Windows 10: Suspect configuration of ODBC

Discus and support Suspect configuration of ODBC in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I suspect that something is not correct concerning the configuration of ODBC. The Control Panel shows the two entries for this software as it should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by parsonm, Jun 13, 2017.

1. parsonm Win User

Suspect configuration of ODBC

I suspect that something is not correct concerning the configuration of ODBC. The Control Panel shows the two entries for this software as it should for a 64 bit system and when you drill down to General under Properties it shows the correct shortcuts for both versions, i.e. system 32 for the 64 bit and SySwow64 for the 32 bit.

When you open up both versions to look at the Administrators, the data appears to be identical for both in some cases. User DSN, System DSN (empty), File DSN, Tracing and About appear to be the same in both. However, in User Data Sources both sets of files are flagged as 32 bit platform and in About all the ODBC Core Components for both versions are pointing to system32 location which is the 64 bit.

For the Drivers tab the 32 bit version is fully populated including SQL Server, most having a version no. of 10.00.1493.00. For the 64 bit version the only entry is SQL Server with the same version.

The same goes for Connection Pooling. The 32 bit version is populated including a SQL Server whereas the 64 bit version only has SQL Server.

Reading various posts online I would expect the 32 bit version to refer to syswow64 files and the 64 bit be populated with the system32 ones if they were there, which they are not.

I also have found the following-:
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dat...-odbcad32-exe/
    Towards the bottom of the first paragraph it says that on a 64 bit system the 64 bit drivers are held at a certain registry location. The registry has the full path but under ODBC Drivers there is only the one entry for the SQLServer which bears out what the Drivers tab is saying above. The 32 bit drivers are there, again confirming the Drivers tab. In the screenshot it shows a typical 64bit system for 64 bit drivers, that data is not in mine.

Below the screenshot it talks about certain registry keys be set to value not set. On my system under 64 bit system and 64 bit drivers, items 1 and 2 are as I have them. For the 32 bit drivers items 1 and 2 again are as per post. However, in both locations ODBCINST.INI and ODBC the 32 bit drivers are fully populated.

To me the 32 bit drivers are in the right place in the registry but not when you look in the Administrators. As for the 64 bit drivers, they appear not to be in the registry nor in the Administrator.

Incidentally, the SQLServer for both versions in the ODBC registry, point to system 32.

This system is an upgrade from Windows 7. Am I wrong in my assumptions or I have missed something, guidance appreciated. If I am correct, how does one resolve this?

:)

parsonm, Jun 13, 2017

2. How to solve these three issues from SFC.

WARNING: Failed to get store name from identity name with return code 2 for component Microsoft-Windows-iSCSI_Initiator_UI and file iSCSI Initiator.lnk. File is reported as corrupt by SFC.

CORRUPT: iSCSI Initiator.lnk of component Microsoft-Windows-iSCSI_Initiator_UI.

WARNING: Failed to get store name from identity name with return code 2 for component Microsoft-Windows-Microsoft-Data-Access-Components-(MDAC)-ODBC-Administrator and file ODBC Data Sources (64-bit).lnk. File is reported as corrupt by SFC.

CORRUPT: ODBC Data Sources (64-bit).lnk of component Microsoft-Windows-Microsoft-Data-Access-Components-(MDAC)-ODBC-Administrator.

WARNING: Failed to get store name from identity name with return code 2 for component Microsoft-Windows-Microsoft-Data-Access-Components-(MDAC)-ODBC-Administrator and file ODBC Data Sources (32-bit).lnk. File is reported as corrupt by SFC.

CORRUPT: ODBC Data Sources (32-bit).lnk of component Microsoft-Windows-Microsoft-Data-Access-Components-(MDAC)-ODBC-Administrator.

pls note all DISM tools were run and they say no corruptions ! only SFC gives this...

ShaanaikMezskin, Jun 13, 2017
  3. ODBC Drivers error "80004005" windows 10

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver] [DBNETLIB] SQL Server does not exist or access is denied

/teacher/conn.asp, line 4

pradeepjisaheb, Jun 13, 2017
Thema:

Suspect configuration of ODBC

1. Suspect configuration of ODBC - Similar Threads - Suspect configuration ODBC

2. Microsoft Text ODBC Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Text ODBC Driver: I am attempting to add MS ODBC Text driver as a data source. I originally created it as a user source, but deleted it and re-entered it a s system source. Now it doesn't appear at all as a data source either as user or system. When I attempt to add it again, it tells me that...
  3. Configure MS Access Driver in ODBC Data Sources to be read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configure MS Access Driver in ODBC Data Sources to be read only: Without getting too deep in the weeds, I have an MS Access database .accdb and I needed to create a System DNS connection to it in ODBC Data Sources. Did that it works can connect to it and query it, get results all gravy.However, it is kinda demanding to get the first...
  4. Configure MS Access Driver in ODBC Data Sources to be read only

Configure MS Access Driver in ODBC Data Sources to be read only: Without getting too deep in the weeds, I have an MS Access database .accdb and I needed to create a System DNS connection to it in ODBC Data Sources. Did that it works can connect to it and query it, get results all gravy.However, it is kinda demanding to get the first...
  5. Suspected malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspected malware: I was using kmplayer as my video player and when I scanned it in virustotal it showed there was virus in the app.So I deleted it.Now in appdata/local/Microsoft/windows there is a usrclass.dat file and it shows its type as kmplayer64.dat .Is it a malware?If it is how to delete...
  6. ODBC Registry settings are not reflected in UI - ODBC Database administrator32-bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ODBC Registry settings are not reflected in UI - ODBC Database administrator32-bit: I am using Windows Server 2019 version 1809 OS Build 17763.1158. I want to enable encryption for ODBC DSN connection So I am calling this command "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcconf.exe /A {CONFIGSYSDSN "ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server"...
  7. ODBC Registry settings are not reflected in UI - ODBC Database administrator32-bit

ODBC Registry settings are not reflected in UI - ODBC Database administrator32-bit: I am using Windows Server 2019 version 1809 OS Build 17763.1158. I want to enable encryption for ODBC DSN connection So I am calling this command "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcconf.exe /A {CONFIGSYSDSN "ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server"...
  8. Windows 10 slow ODBC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slow ODBC: Hello I have a problem about ODBC connection on windows 10. We have change our computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10. For your info we running a Vmware VDI enviroment. We didnt change something to our servers, hardware, network. We have a access database and we are...
  9. ODBC Connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ODBC Connectivity: Hello Microsoft Forum, I am using Easysoft ODBC to allow me to connect to various Servers. The connection keeps dropping which causes various jobs to fail. Would anyone have samples of code which would allow me to check the ODBC connections so that I would know in advance...
  10. ODBC Connectivity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ODBC Connectivity: Hello Microsoft Forum, I am using Easysoft ODBC to allow me to connect to various Servers. The connection keeps dropping which causes various jobs to fail. Would anyone have samples of code which would allow me to check the ODBC connections so that I would know in advance...