Windows 10: Suspected Scam pruporting to renew an expired anti-virus with windows securty center.

Discus and support Suspected Scam pruporting to renew an expired anti-virus with windows securty center. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received a pop-up when I was on the web purporting to renew my supposedly expired Anti-Virus 2018 with Microsoft. It doesn't look legit . Anyone... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FayleneBailey, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Suspected Scam pruporting to renew an expired anti-virus with windows securty center.

I received a pop-up when I was on the web purporting to renew my supposedly expired Anti-Virus 2018 with Microsoft. It doesn't look legit . Anyone else have the same issue? Here is a screenshot .

:)

FayleneBailey, Aug 19, 2018
  2. ignacm Win User

Anti Virus Software

I have a nokia n 70 with symantec anti virus software that has expired and i do not want to renew it how do i get rid of it can anybody help please

ignacm, Aug 19, 2018
  3. nessalpha Win User
    RECOMMENDED ANTI VIRUS FOR N73

Though F secure is built-in in N73 but trial only,,,,,, what anti virus do u install when it is expired already??? any suggestion???

nessalpha, Aug 19, 2018
  4. random Win User

Suspected Scam pruporting to renew an expired anti-virus with windows securty center.

Time to renew my anti virus or go elsewhere?

My suggestion is to move onto freeware anti-virus like AVG.

I wouldn't bother with an anti-virus at home tbh all it does is use up PC resources. Your browser should be smart enough to tell you nowadays that you're entering malicious/harmful sites, through this I haven't encountered any annoying viruses or destructive for years. Although I'd definitely install one for my parents and the young ones as they are the most likely to click on ads with weight loss content or a girl flaunting her bum. *Laugh :laugh:

random, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Suspected Scam pruporting to renew an expired anti-virus with windows securty center.

1. Suspected Scam pruporting to renew an expired anti-virus with windows securty center. - Similar Threads - Suspected Scam pruporting

2. Windows defender subscription renewal scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender subscription renewal scam: I unfortunately called the number saying that my windows defender is being renewed and I will be charged for $399. I stupidly give access to my PC and bank account on my laptop. I turne it off when I realized it is a scams. Called my bank and blocked my account. How safe is...
  3. suspected windows defender auto-renewal scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    suspected windows defender auto-renewal scam: I received an email from "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" stating I would be charged $299 annual auto-renewal subscription fee. The call back # is 510-413-7621. I called from my work phone spoke with someone name given but unable to hear clearly who answered the...
  4. Renewal/expiration of licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Renewal/expiration of licence: I keep getting a notification across the Word page that my licence will expire soon although it won't expire until mid next year. Secondly, i can no longer get some of the Word features, how do i repair this?...
  5. Renewal/expiration of licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renewal/expiration of licence: I keep getting a notification across the Word page that my licence will expire soon although it won't expire until mid next year. Secondly, i can no longer get some of the Word features, how do i repair this?...
  6. Renewal/expiration of licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Suspected scam, computer locked

Suspected scam, computer locked: A "Windows Defender" window popped up with a support #. My dad called and got hooked for a $300 minimum contract supposedly. His laptop is now locked, they say until he pays. It was a company called Dialogic Support Inc saying they have a support contract with Microsoft. How...
  8. Suspected virus

Suspected virus: Recently i was looking into my antivirus notifications and saw dxgiadaptercache.exe allowed to network. On searching online , it was showing as severe TROJAN so i runned security scan using bitdefender but couldnt find anything then i ran using MS security and found 341...
  9. Windows Defenders renewal scam

Windows Defenders renewal scam: I received an E-mail yesterday from someone claiming to me from Microsoft telling me I was going to be charged my bank account $299.99 for an annual , automatic renewal fee for myMicrosoft Windows Defender program , to protect my computer. When I called the number...
  10. Phone call on anti-virus software and renewal cost. Scam or not?

Phone call on anti-virus software and renewal cost. Scam or not?: I have been contacted by a very hard to understand group of Indian people saying I am going to be charged for $299+ for Microsoft anti-virus program on my computer if I do not let them via TeamViewer 14 help me remove it from my computer. I do not show any purchase in March...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. antivirus expired $299

2. Is windows renew antivirus a scam