Windows 10: "Suspicious Activity" Popup?

Discus and support "Suspicious Activity" Popup? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I received this popup : [img] Is this a legitimate message from Microsoft ? I doubt it, but I've been out of the loop on computer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by r41nd0g, Aug 21, 2016.

1. r41nd0g Win User

"Suspicious Activity" Popup?

Hello,

I received this popup :

"Suspicious Activity" Popup? [​IMG]

Is this a legitimate message from Microsoft ? I doubt it, but I've been out of the loop on computer security matters for quite some time and cursory search about scam popups did not bring up anything looking this official. Had to use CtrlAltDel to close this window.

Thanks for help.

:)

r41nd0g, Aug 21, 2016
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Aug 21, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it "Suspicious Activity" Popup? :(

oh gawd wat to do ? "Suspicious Activity" Popup? :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram "Suspicious Activity" Popup? :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx "Suspicious Activity" Popup? :)

musum, Aug 21, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

Yes, it's bogus. The URL should tell you that, anything from Microsoft would come from a Microsoft domain. Regardless, Microsoft doesn't do stuff like this.

Mystere, Aug 21, 2016
Thema:

1. "Suspicious Activity" Popup? - Similar Threads - Suspicious Activity Popup

2. Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something: Suspicious He made temp and try send somewhere and somebody have super user I'm not give any permission and I'm use safe network WiFi with strong password reported to PoliceRegards Jakub...
  3. Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something: Suspicious He made temp and try send somewhere Regards Jakub https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-activity-on-network-and-suspicious/9cc70962-09f3-4d8e-821c-3256bf32ceef
  4. Suspicious disk activity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious disk activity: I have no user applications open, and the resource monitor shows the system using my disk, which is doing a lot of seeks. The process I found was ksecdd.sys. Should it be using a lot of disk activity when the rest of the system is at rest? I tried disabling the ethernet...
  5. Suspicious disk activity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suspicious disk activity: I have no user applications open, and the resource monitor shows the system using my disk, which is doing a lot of seeks. The process I found was ksecdd.sys. Should it be using a lot of disk activity when the rest of the system is at rest? I tried disabling the ethernet...
  6. Suspicious account activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious account activity: I rarely use my ages old hotmail account, but I do have it set up for POP access from my PC - Windows 10, with Outlook 2010, so it's is poked at least once a day. I received a notice of suspicious activity and when I checked the log, I found: Device/platform Windows...
  7. WINDOWS EVENT SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WINDOWS EVENT SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY: I installed a software called "iFone back up" for Apple iphone data recovery. I strongly believe this is a source of the infection. Please share any advice. EDIT I uploaded the event logs onto google drive with public share access....
  8. Suspicious blue restart and update popup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Suspicious blue restart and update popup: I am seeing a popup instructing me to restart and update now to maintain windows support. I have restarted since and there was no update, so I don't think it is from Microsoft, It is on blue background and does not show the Microsoft logo. Any thoughts appreciated....
  9. Suspicious Activity

Suspicious Activity: Hey There, See email below about a service I paid for. I was a Microsoft office home user 18 months ago and experienced issues with my computer, I googled Microsoft Tech Support called the number and they told me I would need a third party to fix the issue. They then...
  10. Very suspicious update popups on Windows 10

Very suspicious update popups on Windows 10: I have been getting a strange popup for update without any update about what it's about. It also want's to install Yahoo search It has happened few times so far and I am unable to figure out which program is it related to. I used process explorer and to find out that...