Windows 10: Suspicious AppData Profile

Discus and support Suspicious AppData Profile in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am wondering what this Chinese profile is, it looks suspicious to me. [img] 7916 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by swarfega, Jul 6, 2015.

1. swarfega Win User

Suspicious AppData Profile

I am wondering what this Chinese profile is, it looks suspicious to me.

Suspicious AppData Profile [​IMG]

:)

swarfega, Jul 6, 2015

2. WDF in task manager

I installed Avast and then I tried to run the file itself wincache.exe at windows/appdata. Avast showed an alert about suspicious file and quarantined it.

JohnNikitakis, Jul 6, 2015
  3. Ronnoccp Win User
    Background process without name

When I click "Open file location" its svchost.exe located in C:\Windows\appdata (containing: winlogon, svchost, and msvcr120.dll)

I did some searching and apparently, svchost should be located in system32, not appdata.

Does this seem suspicious?

Screenshot 1: Screenshot

Screenshot 2: Screenshot

Some assistance would be great.

Thanks

Ronnoccp, Jul 6, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Where did you get that build from??

BunnyJ, Jul 6, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    I'm actually on 8.1 at the moment awaiting 10 release.

swarfega, Jul 6, 2015
  6. That is suspicious. I don't have that on Win 8.1 Pro or the current build.

stealth2920, Jul 6, 2015
  7. swarfega Win User
    After doing more research, it seems to be related to GTA 5:

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Suspicious AppData Profile - Similar Threads - Suspicious AppData Profile

2. Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something: Suspicious He made temp and try send somewhere and somebody have super user I'm not give any permission and I'm use safe network WiFi with strong password reported to PoliceRegards Jakub...
  3. Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something: Suspicious He made temp and try send somewhere Regards Jakub https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-activity-on-network-and-suspicious/9cc70962-09f3-4d8e-821c-3256bf32ceef
  4. Suspicious Reply

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious Reply: I received this to a posted question. James David64 has replied to your question Problem Saving to csv in Microsoft Community. . {6.Ơ.} “ 4..9”ᗱ.Ơ.6.7 , ....
  5. suspicious download

suspicious download: believe I am being hacked through my wifi. had to disconnect my orbi mesh and disconnect Arlo when go online. hoping my at&t router is safe but recently noticed some Microsoft downloads of apps not requested by me. I have been able to uninstall many but there are several like...
  6. Suspicious

Suspicious: Sometimes I feel that there is suspicious activity going on, there are some things in my computer files that I cant go into, (files that I didn't download) it asks for a password, but if I didn't put it on here, how am im going to know that password? There are some things...
  7. Appdata\local\pagkages preventing user profile removal?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Appdata\local\pagkages preventing user profile removal?: My conference room computers need the user profiles purged ever few weeks. It used work fine but now I receive an error stating that not all data has been removed. Whenever I look the only thing still hanging out is the appdata\local\packages folder, which will have 1 or 2...
  8. Suspicious program

Suspicious program: Attempting to open a .png file in Windows 10. the list of possible apps appears with the "Open With" option but one of the programs has the name "%1" which seems like an illegal name to me. Could this be malicious software?...
  9. %appdata% on Failed Drive | Move Thunderbird Profile to New Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    %appdata% on Failed Drive | Move Thunderbird Profile to New Drive: I have found some discussions on this but none are very clear. It seems that the only way to access a profile on the old drive is through %appdata% from the Run menu. The run then %appdata% works on my current machine. But I have not been able to figure out how to search...
  10. Suspicious or Not?

Suspicious or Not?: Received the following from L: unmonitored@microsoft.com:- "We recently received a request to recover your Microsoft account L: sellickd@hotmail.com. Unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us to validate...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disktoast.exe