Windows 10: SVC Host Problem

Discus and support SVC Host Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Started having problems with Windows 10, every time after I shut my computer down, the SVC Host says it is shutting down programs in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by metro5053, Oct 1, 2017.

1. metro5053 Win User

SVC Host Problem

Hi,
    Started having problems with Windows 10, every time after I shut my computer down, the SVC Host says it is shutting down programs in the background. Then when I reboot it a lot of programs will not work, so each time I use "reimage", software to repair it.
    Any ideas what I need to do, other than re install the OS
    Thanks and Regards
    Bob

:)

metro5053, Oct 1, 2017

2. SVC host fails

Hi,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you the computer.

The issue could occur because of system corruptions. I suggest you to perform a sfc scan on the computer to check if there are any corruptions on the computer.
    System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.
    Please follow the below link to perform a sfc scan on the computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Oct 1, 2017
  3. SVC host fails

I get the following error and then my machines begins to degrade. Certain sections of settings do not work. I cant update defaultsI believe this is a faulty OEM load from HP but can't prove it. DCOM and Service control manger are issuing error.

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
    Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: svchost.exe_MapsBroker

Application Version: 10.0.10586.0

Application Timestamp: 5632d7ba

Fault Module Name: MosHostCore.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.10586.420

Fault Module Timestamp: 57491cf9

Exception Code: 84000010

Exception Offset: 0000000000020dd4

OS Version: 10.0.10586.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: dd01

Additional Information 2: dd01000fe70e7e6488691177af6bac51

Additional Information 3: c2d7

Additional Information 4: c2d746454984acdeeb7c0ca967b67ef5
    Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: f650fad52d729f201ecd3dd33fe9f8fc (120489133043)
    How do I recover?

cantgetthethingtowork, Oct 1, 2017
  4. SVC Host Problem

First thing I would try is open a admin command prompt and type:

sfc /scannow

This will repair any corruption in your system files. You may need to run it more than once to get everything.

Then type:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

This will fix component store corruption. Sometimes sfc wont complete succesfully until you run this command. See if this helps.

ArazelEternal, Oct 1, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    Some programs that still have housekeeping or have hung up can cause that issue. Service has many sub-processes running in it. You would need to look at your event logs and stop reimaging, because just like removing a battery cable on a vehicle or clearing the error codes on your vehicle, there is no way to properly diagnose what is going on.

bro67, Oct 1, 2017
  6. You can use my batch script to automatically close programs that is not responding during shutdown.

AutoEndTasks.bat

FreeBooter, Oct 1, 2017
  7. metro5053 Win User
    Hi,
    thanks for all your help and advice, I have followed the instructions, everything seems OK now will see what happens in a few days
    Thanks and Regards
    Bob

metro5053, Oct 1, 2017
  8. SVC Host Problem

We are glad to hear your issue has been resolved, thank you for letting us know that all is now well!

FreeBooter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

SVC Host Problem

1. SVC Host Problem - Similar Threads - SVC Host Problem

2. Can i close svc host?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i close svc host?: AS the question says can i? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-close-svc-host/529685ec-e6c6-4df4-8ffd-1c9607b7f152
  3. Can i close svc host?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i close svc host?: AS the question says can i? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-close-svc-host/529685ec-e6c6-4df4-8ffd-1c9607b7f152
  4. windows svc host

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows svc host: defender protection each day shows in protection history protection folder access blockedapp or access blocked svc exec %userprofile%/videosbut it does not show reccomended actions.'what should I do if anything ?...
  5. windows svc host

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows svc host: defender protection each day shows in protection history protection folder access blockedapp or access blocked svc exec %userprofile%/videosbut it does not show reccomended actions.'what should I do if anything ?...
  6. SVC Host using tremendous amount of Data.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SVC Host using tremendous amount of Data.: I have been facing an issue of where the HOST PROCESS is extremely consuming data in background and this has been going on for a long time. Around 5GB of data is consumed each day which blocks my internet usage when I need it the most. How do I stop this process from...
  7. svc host process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    svc host process: i have this process running over 100 times. it is continually reading and writing to the disk causing 100% utilization. How do I clean it up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/svc-host-process/e107261a-d581-4e88-be52-7e6ffe556f87
  8. Updated now svc host everywhere and CPU overrunning itself

Updated now svc host everywhere and CPU overrunning itself: I came home from work to boo tup my newly built gaming PC running on Windows 10. I start up and says I need to update and restart, I do so and boot up my NZXT cam to view my temps and parts pecs and my RAM and CPU on Idle are running themselves beyond what they are meant to...
  9. svc hosts file

svc hosts file: hello im wondering why theres so many of these, and which are safe to disable, I have upgraded from win home to pro, with a different key, bought from amazon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/svc-hosts-file/2af894ef-f03c-4f53-a951-c8a755a3649a
  10. Host of Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Host of Problems: Hi, I've been having a lot of trouble with my laptop. I'm not sure if these are problems even related to Windows 10, but I was perhaps hoping someone could help steer me to the right places. Some of these problems are -Audio Driver This has been crashing on me with some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. svc host problem