Windows 10: SVCHOST.EXE Causing Performance Issues

Discus and support SVCHOST.EXE Causing Performance Issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I am running Windows 10 on my HP laptop and SCVHOST is using all the system resources. I have run a performance trace for one minute and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Brichio, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Brichio Win User

SVCHOST.EXE Causing Performance Issues

Hi everyone, I am running Windows 10 on my HP laptop and SCVHOST is using all the system resources.
    I have run a performance trace for one minute and posted it here on OneDrive
    Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Is anyone able to review the trace and advise what is causing the performance issue.
    That would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

Fabrice

EDIT: I have now narrowed this down to the CoreMessaging service as I have turned off all the other services one by one without result. I don't know how to proceed from here. Any ideas anyone?
    Thanks

:)

Brichio, Feb 26, 2016

2. Why svchost is using my internet 90% of mamory and CPU?

Hi,

Svchost.exe is a legitimate Windows process when running certain Windows operation. But in certain cases, you may see svchost.exe process
    hogging the CPU or memory resources in Task Manager without apparent reasons. We recommend that you

perform a clean boot
    to isolate the issue if it's being caused by a third party app or service.

We'd like to know what changes have you made prior to this issue.

Let us know the result.

Regile Reb, Feb 26, 2016
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    windows store svchost.exe

Hi Enoch,

Downloading a program or an application would cause the Background Intelligence Transfer Service (BITS) to run. This process will require the usage of the svchost.exe to run as well. You may be able to stop the svchost.exe from running, but doing so may
    initiate more errors on your Windows 10 computer. Svchost.exe is a process that hosts multiple Windows services, and allows certain number of services to share a process that should result to better system performance.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Dyan Rey, Feb 26, 2016
Thema:

SVCHOST.EXE Causing Performance Issues

1. SVCHOST.EXE Causing Performance Issues - Similar Threads - SVCHOST EXE Causing

2. Client32.exe issue on startup & performance issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Client32.exe issue on startup & performance issues.: Windows 11I have had this issue for about a week now and am now getting worried. I have been clicking on the "x" instead of ok everytime because I thought it looked sketchy. What should I do, because I am worried that it is a virus after looking it up online. I cannot...
  3. Client32.exe issue on startup & performance issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Client32.exe issue on startup & performance issues.: Windows 11I have had this issue for about a week now and am now getting worried. I have been clicking on the "x" instead of ok everytime because I thought it looked sketchy. What should I do, because I am worried that it is a virus after looking it up online. I cannot...
  4. KB5028166‎ - is causing performance issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5028166‎ - is causing performance issue: Hi,KB5028166‎ - is causing performance issue.On some Win 10 installation frezees at 90% and it causes app/hardware performance issues.How to avoid installation?Is MS going to do something with that? Or as always they are testing updates on production :...
  5. KB5028166‎ - is causing performance issue

KB5028166‎ - is causing performance issue: Hi,KB5028166‎ - is causing performance issue.On some Win 10 installation frezees at 90% and it causes app/hardware performance issues.How to avoid installation?Is MS going to do something with that? Or as always they are testing updates on production :...
  6. KB5028166‎ - is causing performance issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. KB5015807 Causing Performance Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5015807 Causing Performance Issues: Hello,Since Patch Tuesday there have been many machines impacted with this updated. Users having to restart their machines 3+ times a day.Eventually the machine becomes unusable.. This then results in the whole machine freezing up.Everyone in the organisation has downloaded &...
  8. KB5015807 Causing Performance Issues

KB5015807 Causing Performance Issues: Hello,Since Patch Tuesday there have been many machines impacted with this updated. Users having to restart their machines 3+ times a day.Eventually the machine becomes unusable.. This then results in the whole machine freezing up.Everyone in the organisation has downloaded &...
  9. KB5015807 Causing Performance Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Stuttering in games caused by svchost process

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuttering in games caused by svchost process: Ok so in some of my games, when I am playing I get random stutters, the cause of which I have finally narrowed down to svchost being the culprit. Before I go any further my PC specs are: Core i7 6700 GTX 1070 16 GB 2133 Mhz RAM 250 GB SSD 1 TB HDD I have Windows...
Tags: