Windows 10: Svchost.exe in sysWOW64 hogging CPU

Discus and support Svchost.exe in sysWOW64 hogging CPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 PC(64-bit). Since the last few days i'm noticing that my PC is running slowly than it should. On opening the task manager i saw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PratikKeny, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Svchost.exe in sysWOW64 hogging CPU

I have a windows 10 PC(64-bit). Since the last few days i'm noticing that my PC is running slowly than it should. On opening the task manager i saw that there is an unnamed background process which is utilizing the CPU even when i'm not running any program. I opened up the file location and found it to be in C:/WINDOWS/sysWOW64/svchost.exe. It would be really great if any help could be provided as i have to run heavy softwares and this problem is making it difficult to run them.

:)

PratikKeny, Jul 16, 2018

2. Malware using SysWOW64/svchost

I've done a lot of research, but haven't yet found a current solution to this.

I have Norton 360 protection, and when I block the svchost from running, all malware symptoms stop, yet blocking that creates new problems.

-The main symptom is an unnamed file running in Task Manager taking up 50-60% cpu, and clicking "open file location" takes you to SysWOW64/svchost.

-When on google chrome, a bunch of websites try to pop up or connect, but Norton blocks all of them. The most frequent one called "Bitcoin Miner6"

-About 20 "proxychecker"s were in the TM, which I blocked with Norton without bad side-effects.

-Blue Screen of deaths were often early on, about 15 mins and every time I tried restarting my computer.

All these were stopped by Norton, though the main file can be still found in TM, but it uses hardly any cpu. It seems to need internet connection to work (when I don't have Norton block it), and is run by SysWOW64 about 30sec after startup, possibly as a
    dll.

Anyway Norton can't find it no matter what, and running my computer without svchost is annoying.

Schrodoggo, Jul 16, 2018
  3. SarahKong Win User
    My CPU usage reaches 98% when I don't move my cursor for few minutes

Looks like it might be the svchost process.

This is not uncommon.

Below is a link on steps to fix this issue.

Let me know how you make out.

https://www.wintips.org/how-to-fix-svchost-exe-...

SarahKong, Jul 16, 2018
  4. ConiGL Win User

Svchost.exe in sysWOW64 hogging CPU

ConiGL, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Svchost.exe in sysWOW64 hogging CPU

1. Svchost.exe in sysWOW64 hogging CPU - Similar Threads - Svchost exe sysWOW64

2. Svchost.exe in sysWOW64 eating up CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Svchost.exe in sysWOW64 eating up CPU: I have a windows 10 pc and I noticed something wrong in the task manager, there is an unknown program that's running 50-80% on the CPU, and Its located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64, I recently installed a game from my old hard drive which is a pirated game and I'm not sure if...
  3. Select C:\winddows\SysWow64\cmd. exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Select C:\winddows\SysWow64\cmd. exe: when trying to open "Uninstall or change a program", " System properties" from This PC or trying from right click on desktop to open Personalization or Display setting, a cmd open and close right after and nothing happens, but if click on that cmd right before it close, it...
  4. System process hogging 20% of CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System process hogging 20% of CPU: Why does the System process suck up around 20% of the CPU all the time? Is it because of HP bloatware? [ATTACH] My PC info can you see this screenshot?: [ATTACH]...
  5. Hidden CPU hogs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hidden CPU hogs: When high CPU usage is sapping a PC, I often can't find the cause in Task Manager. The total CPU use will be high, but no processes will be visible actually hogging the CPU. "Show all processes" or Resource Monitor don't reveal the culprit either. What is usually going on in...
  6. antimalware is hogging my cpu

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    antimalware is hogging my cpu: how do I remove antimalware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-is-hogging-my-cpu/8e04655c-8234-4499-8e05-1430e3a57db8"
  7. Task Manager is hogging the CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager is hogging the CPU: Thinkpad X1 Carbon 6th gen, Win 10 Pro 64 bit, auto updates. Crapware startup routines disabled except for a couple of printer updaters. Lately I have noticed laggy system performance. I see that Task Manager is hogging the CPU, routinely taking up 15-20% of the CPU. I...
  8. Svchost in syswow64, windows 32

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Svchost in syswow64, windows 32: I know it is supposed to be in windows 32 but is it suppose to be syswow64? Because I've read that it shouldn't be. So i did a factory reset and it is still there scand with bitdefender and Malwarebytes no virus found. Any information will be helpful. And why won't Microsoft...
  9. svchost CPU usage at 55%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    svchost CPU usage at 55%: not sure since when and how ( must have been recently ), but my windows 10 got probably infected, whenever i start pc, my cpu usage jumps to 55% ±. After I open task manager, i can see this ( attachment ) : the PID of "faulty" service is always different and if I stop the...
  10. Umonit64.exe in my SysWOW64?

in Windows 10 Support
    Umonit64.exe in my SysWOW64?: Suddenly it was there, sitting in my startup, Umonit64.exe. already shutter down and hidden because you never know... So what the heck is it, after checking it appeared as a USB driver. I recently updated my driver stuff with an updater on the 8th of Nov. And the file was...
Tags: