Windows 10: svchost high usage

Discus and support svchost high usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a HP-omen 17. Recently I have been observing high cpu usage under the name of one/two unnamed process related to svchost.exe. The problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sarthakkhurana, Aug 8, 2018.

1. svchost high usage

I have a HP-omen 17. Recently I have been observing high cpu usage under the name of one/two unnamed process related to svchost.exe. The problem started recently with sudden high usage of cpu during pc start up. These process have to be terminated each time individually. The pinpoint location of this svchost is in Windows SysWow64.

I have scanned these files with Mcafee live safe which shows 0 virus.

:)

sarthakkhurana, Aug 8, 2018

2. Poor Performance from Windows 10 - High CPU usage from SVCHOST

Hi, I have exactly the same issue with my Dell Precision. Upgraded from W7 to W10 and I have an svchost using 10% cpu constantly.
    I've done a screenshot from Process Explorer
    Thanks

svchost high usage [​IMG]

Phil Rhoney, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    svchost.exe (netsvcs) High Network Usage Issue in windows 10 1607

Hello Naresh,

Svchost.exe is a generic Windows process that loads several services for Windows. Windows update, full event log, and services that have many processes can be the cause of high usage of svchost.exe. For us to assist you, we suggest that you download Process
    Explorer on this
    link
    . Process Explorer will show you the sub-process of svchost.exe and will help determine which highly consumes your network usage. Once you've downloaded the file, follow the steps listed below:

• Open Process Explorer and click View
      on the menu bar.
    • From the drop down menu click Select Columns and then the
      Process Image tab.
    • Check the boxes before Description, Image Path, Image Type, and Command Line.
    • Click on two other options on the View drop-down menu, namely
      Show Processes from All Users
      and Show Fractional CPU.
    • Place the cursor on the "svchost" process generating the CPU activity, right-click, select
      Properties and the Service.
    • Right-click the "svchost" process showing the high CPU activity.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Services tab. From there you will see the list of services that the use the process.
    • When you place the cursor to the appropriate button, you may
      Stop
      and Restart any services. From doing this, you'll be able to check what impact it has on CPU usage.

Note: Before stopping any service read the description to avoid any issues.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Wile E Win User

svchost high usage

RAM Died: svchost error

svchost is part of the OS, it just interacts with other aspects.

Wile E, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

svchost high usage

1. svchost high usage - Similar Threads - svchost high usage

2. Svchost - user profile service Server 2022 high memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Svchost - user profile service Server 2022 high memory usage: Recently I have install 3 windows server 2022 with mssql 2019. Every two days the system stuck, and I find user profile service consume all the free memory. it's not happens on servers without sql.Btw: I'm not sure if it have something to do but we are backing up these...
  3. Svchost - user profile service Server 2022 high memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Svchost - user profile service Server 2022 high memory usage: Recently I have install 3 windows server 2022 with mssql 2019. Every two days the system stuck, and I find user profile service consume all the free memory. it's not happens on servers without sql.Btw: I'm not sure if it have something to do but we are backing up these...
  4. svchost high memory and cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    svchost high memory and cpu usage: SVCHOST ha made my gaming pretty bad, im running on Asus laptop with a gtx 1070 and i7 8750H.Heres where the problem comes my fps is very high on almost all games but my fps drops to 20-40 in every minute or so, in windows it ranged to 5-20 fps but the fps goes from 144 to 1...
  5. svchost high memory and cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    svchost high memory and cpu usage: SVCHOST ha made my gaming pretty bad, im running on Asus laptop with a gtx 1070 and i7 8750H.Heres where the problem comes my fps is very high on almost all games but my fps drops to 20-40 in every minute or so, in windows it ranged to 5-20 fps but the fps goes from 144 to 1...
  6. High Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Usage: How to lower these usage while playing genshin impact? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-usage/f8c15587-f0d4-421c-a7a6-3ca161d59e56
  7. High Ram usage and too many Svchost process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Ram usage and too many Svchost process: My Pc was running Slow so i checked all applications from task manager and i found around 92 svchost processes and RAM usage above 80% and no apps were using the RAM. Please tell me a solution of this problem.[ATTACH]...
  8. svchost CPU usage at 55%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    svchost CPU usage at 55%: not sure since when and how ( must have been recently ), but my windows 10 got probably infected, whenever i start pc, my cpu usage jumps to 55% ±. After I open task manager, i can see this ( attachment ) : the PID of "faulty" service is always different and if I stop the...
  9. Poor Performance from Windows 10 - High CPU usage from SVCHOST

Poor Performance from Windows 10 - High CPU usage from SVCHOST: Evening Folks, I just recently installed Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron Laptop and so far I am not impressed at all - in fact, I am very seriously debating one of two actions - re-install Windows 7 or switching to an entirely different OS. The reason for reverting to...
  10. Extremely HIGH CPU Usage (SVCHost)

Extremely HIGH CPU Usage (SVCHost): So, basically I upgraded to Windows 10, and it's been a huge nightmare. To start with, I didn't enjoy the experience and tried to downgrade, but I was informed the backup was corrupted (it was using a different file structure or something) and was incompatible. So... no...