Windows 10: svchost

Discus and support svchost in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; An aplication in the path C:\Windows\syswow\ is running in the background and it consumes 60% of my cpu how to i stop it? I think it as something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DarioFernandes, Jul 8, 2018.

1. svchost

An aplication in the path C:\Windows\syswow\ is running in the background and it consumes 60% of my cpu how to i stop it?
    I think it as something about Net Framework our something like that but im not sure.

My Windows version is 1607

:)

DarioFernandes, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Wile E Win User

RAM Died: svchost error

svchost is part of the OS, it just interacts with other aspects.

Wile E, Jul 8, 2018
  3. What does the svchost do?

Lots of Windows services are tied to the SVChost, and /or are listed as SVChost in the process list(s).

Unfortunatley with Vista, there's a lot more dependencies between the services, and thus you'll be FORCED to run more instances of SVChosts; unlike XP where things were more independent and you could disable more features resulting in less SVChost instances. That and XP and Vista are different.

Regardless of your Windows version, you can check out some service slimming guides or goto Black Viper's website and take his advice. Depending on your needs you may be able to cut down the amount of SVChost running, and save some RAM.

XP should never have an SVChost using 50mb. Vista however can.

newconroer, Jul 8, 2018
  4. ex_reven Win User

svchost

RAM Died: svchost error

Isnt svchost a service related to programs tho, and not the OS itself?
    Like for example, there are multiple svchosts at any one time for multiple programs.

Though i suppose that still suggests the OS is buggered at the core.

ex_reven, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

svchost

1. svchost - Similar Threads - svchost

2. Having 40+ svchost is normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having 40+ svchost is normal?: they covered 3 entirely screen tired searching for ways fix it but scared of what it might cause. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-40-svchost-is-normal/4b829051-0fcf-4e0b-a45d-b214b08403fe
  3. Having 40+ svchost is normal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having 40+ svchost is normal?: they covered 3 entirely screen tired searching for ways fix it but scared of what it might cause. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-40-svchost-is-normal/4b829051-0fcf-4e0b-a45d-b214b08403fe
  4. Svchost outgoing to external DNS servers other than my local DNS results in lagging network...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Svchost outgoing to external DNS servers other than my local DNS results in lagging network...: Svchost.exe is trying to reach external DNS servers UDP Port 53 despite local DNS configuration and this results in lagging applications and exposing DNS data to the internet.I have logged outgoing traffic from svchost local IP, windows 10 endpoint: <list of destination IP>...
  5. Svchost outgoing to external DNS servers other than my local DNS results in lagging network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Svchost outgoing to external DNS servers other than my local DNS results in lagging network...: Svchost.exe is trying to reach external DNS servers UDP Port 53 despite local DNS configuration and this results in lagging applications and exposing DNS data to the internet.I have logged outgoing traffic from svchost local IP, windows 10 endpoint: <list of destination IP>...
  6. Svchost outgoing to external DNS servers other than my local DNS results in lagging network...

7. Does 'scrcons.exe' Appear in Task Manager as its Own Process, Part of 'svchost', or Part of...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does 'scrcons.exe' Appear in Task Manager as its Own Process, Part of 'svchost', or Part of...: I noticed that when finishing a Windows Defender scan, if I look in the wbem folder of System32 and check the Properties of 'scrcons.exe', it will say that the file was Last Accessed either during the scan, or at the end of the scan. this is true for all the mof files in...
  8. Does 'scrcons.exe' Appear in Task Manager as its Own Process, Part of 'svchost', or Part of...

Does 'scrcons.exe' Appear in Task Manager as its Own Process, Part of 'svchost', or Part of...: I noticed that when finishing a Windows Defender scan, if I look in the wbem folder of System32 and check the Properties of 'scrcons.exe', it will say that the file was Last Accessed either during the scan, or at the end of the scan. this is true for all the mof files in...
  9. Does 'scrcons.exe' Appear in Task Manager as its Own Process, Part of 'svchost', or Part of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Windows 11 - Suddenly broken - SVCHOST - DNSCache issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Suddenly broken - SVCHOST - DNSCache issue: Hi, yesterday I put my PC into sleep mode. This morning after waking it up I suddenly cannot use most of my programs. PC started showing on the taskbar that it is not connected to the internet - even though I could surf the internet via the Chrome browser without an issue....