Windows 10: Swap file size blowing to 32 gbs

Discus and support Swap file size blowing to 32 gbs in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My swap file is left to be automatically managed , I know its often recommended to set it at 1.5 x size of rams but then I gave up on that trick long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Swap file size blowing to 32 gbs

My swap file is left to be automatically managed , I know its often recommended to set it at 1.5 x size of rams but then I gave up on that trick long ago since I didn't find much benefit to it until windows latest 2017 fall update where I realized massive disk space was missing and from here to there dusting all the blahs the update left me with it was now down to this , 32 gbs swap file .

So question is , should I just let it be (New trend adopted by Microsoft of we like to spend some gigabytes with you) or should I cap it to just 1.5 ram (8 gbs) size ?

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 22, 2017

2. Rebuild N97 Campaign

A bit more info for you to compare:

N8 specs N97 N97mini

CPU Type
    ARM 11
    ARM 11
    ARM 11

CPU Clock Rate
    680 MHz
    434 MHz

434 MHz

N8 N97 N97mini

Mass Storage Memory
    16 GB
    32 GB
    8 GB

NAND Memory
    512 MB
    256 MB
    512 MB

SDRAM Memory
    256 MB
    128 MB
    128 MB

Memory Card type
    Micro SD
    Micro SD
    Micro SD

Memory Card Features
    Hot Swap
    Hot Swap
    Hot Swap

Maximum Memory Card Size
    32 GB
    16 GB
    16 GB

matt_t---01, Oct 22, 2017
  3. Winows 10 update

Hello,

V1703 or Creators Update ISO file should be ~3 GB for 32 bit and 4 GB for 64 bit.

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update ISO 32 bit – 3.7 GBs

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update ISO 64 bit – 4.4 GBs

Approximate size. Size may vary with multiple edition ISO files.

Regards.

Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 22, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Swap file size blowing to 32 gbs

How much RAM do you have installed in total and how much of usable memory is from that number ? . With 8GB or more of usable RAM, only about 1GB of swap file is enough and even that much only for few programs that may depend on it.

CountMike, Oct 23, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    Turn off pagefile, reboot, and turn back on. It should now be a sensible size.

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Swap file size blowing to 32 gbs

1. Swap file size blowing to 32 gbs - Similar Threads - Swap file size

2. Isn't It supposed to be 5 GBs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Isn't It supposed to be 5 GBs?: Isn't It supposed to be 5 GBs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isnt-it-supposed-to-be-5-gbs/6c8e3305-bde1-40ce-8333-fcf1e5aa75cf
  3. GBs missing in partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GBs missing in partition: [ATTACH] My D drive is 68.4/175 GB filled. https://preview.redd.it/d01hj2pf4v861.png?width=302&format=png&auto=webp&s=3a1325d3d796dc83d1c5a983b67c5f9a6817878b which means that 106.6 GB is used. But only 98.2 GB is used -...
  4. Missing GBs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing GBs: Hi, I seem to be using more GBs than I thought. When I investigated I found that the properties for my profile folder says 93.5 GB but when I go into the folder and add up the disc usage of all the sub folders it only comes to 35 GB. Why aren't these two numbers equal and...
  5. A swap file question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A swap file question: Hello from my research and past experience, I have been led to believe that 1-the swop file should be 1.5 x RAM 2-It should not be on multiple drives 3-C drive swap file holds crash dump files, so not sure if that should have a swap file as well as another HDD however now I...
  6. Swap file, page file privacy.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Swap file, page file privacy.: Does swapfile.sys and pagefile.sys has any privacy issue ??? Does it store or replace any private file ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/swap-file-page-file-privacy/5a50c044-6c67-401b-a400-c740b6dccc1f"
  7. 3 or so GBs - delete some 10 GBs from computer - left with between 2 and 3 GBs????

3 or so GBs - delete some 10 GBs from computer - left with between 2 and 3 GBs????: Hi a really difficult question and I understand those who have tried and can't but how can I take 10 GBs off my computer when I have nearly 4 GB and end up with about 3 GBs. By my calculation that means I must have been working with - memory. I was doing this to place...
  8. C:/Windows/Temp file is a wopping 128 gbs

C:/Windows/Temp file is a wopping 128 gbs: I was checking out my computer and i realized that my hard drive was nearly full, so i was looking through my folders until i came across the temp folder. Ive tried Disk Cleaner and deleting Software Distribution Downloads to save some space. In the temp folder there are...
  9. change swap file size ?

change swap file size ?: I am running rainmeter and it shows my desktop has 48-49% ram usage and 49% swap file usage. I currently have 4 gigs of ram, room to put 4 gigs more for a max of 8 gigs. Isn't that too much swap file usage ? I have tried to find in the tutorials, and on my computer,...
  10. Page and Swap File?

Page and Swap File?: I've set the Page File for my C: drive to No Page File and my D: to System Managed. Doing this places the Page File on my D: drive, which is the faster of the 2 drives. [img] The question is, should I still have a Swap File on my C: drive and also one on my D:...