Windows 10: switch desktop layout to Windows 7 layout?

Discus and support switch desktop layout to Windows 7 layout? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I switch from Windows 10 desktop layout to Windows 7 layout?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by safree2000, Jul 29, 2018.

1. switch desktop layout to Windows 7 layout?

how do I switch from Windows 10 desktop layout to Windows 7 layout?

:)

safree2000, Jul 29, 2018
  2. [EXIT] Win User

switching keyboard layouts between devices

I recently bought a surface book on a holiday to USA and it has a US keyboard layout. When I set this device to use the US keyboard layout it switched all of the other devices on my account to suit. How can I set the surface book to a US keyboard Layout
    but keep my desktop, laptop and tablet on the UK keyboard layout (which is the keyboard layout they all use) but still all attached to the my Microsoft account?

Step by step instructions would be appreciated for an idiot.

Thanks

[EXIT], Jul 29, 2018
  3. Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it).

Now when I switch to French I find that I am often in another layout which I believe to be the Canadian French layout, although I am not completely sure. It is similar to the Canadian multilingual with the most notable difference being that the è and the / are swapped round. I have never chosen the Canadian French keyboard in my preferences and it isn't listed there now. Canadian Multilingual is what is listed.

What's even more annoying is that the layout seems to switch randomly between Canadian Multilingual and Canadian French while I am typing, so I am never really sure what is going to happen when I try to type an è.

How can I get my keyboard to consistently be Canadian Multilingual when I am typing in French?

ricecrispies, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Swapna S Win User

switch desktop layout to Windows 7 layout?

IME with various keyboard layouts

Hi Sean,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in changing the
    keyboard layout. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur, if you have selected any default language for keyboard layout.

Follow below mentioned step to change the keyboard layout Language.

• Press and Hold Windows key + space bar key from your keyboard.

• On right corner of your desktop, you will see a small pop windows that shows keyboard layout Language.

• Using down and up arrow keys, you can change the keyboard layout Language.
    Please get back us, if you are still facing issue
    in changing the keyboard layout language.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

switch desktop layout to Windows 7 layout?

1. switch desktop layout to Windows 7 layout? - Similar Threads - switch desktop layout

2. Desktop layout saver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop layout saver: Hi,Do you know trustworthy free of charge or paid third party solution to save the desktop layout in Windows 10 and 11.Thank you.Cousin Excel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-layout-saver/b1ab7c79-3d12-48b3-a75e-e5883c813296
  3. Desktop layout saver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop layout saver: Hi,Do you know trustworthy free of charge or paid third party solution to save the desktop layout in Windows 10 and 11.Thank you.Cousin Excel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-layout-saver/b1ab7c79-3d12-48b3-a75e-e5883c813296
  4. Desktop layout saver

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Switching to previous keyboard layout when I have 3 layouts

Switching to previous keyboard layout when I have 3 layouts: Hi, I'm Windows and Linux user. Also I have 3 keyboard layouts. I use two of them often, and the third less often. In my Ubuntu when I press Alt+Shift Win+Space my keyboard switches to PREVIOUS layout and if I want to switch to third one I press it two times. In my Windows...
  6. Desktop Layout Change

Desktop Layout Change: [IMG]When I got the new update this happened. The desktop layout changed........does somebody know how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-layout-change/26d07dad-dfd4-426a-aeb9-727aa6544f2e
  7. desktop layout

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desktop layout: Microsoft support helped get windows 10 to update. When it completed my desktop has changed. I have visual problems and i can't find all the familiar items. The layout is different, the colors are very vibrant and hard for me to see. How can i get everything to go back the...
  8. Keyboard layout switching issue

Keyboard layout switching issue: Hello, I use Windows 10. In my system there are several combination of language/keyboard layout: - English/United States-International QWERTY - English/US QWERTY - Russian/Russian - French/United States-International QWERTY - French/French AZERTY I try to configure...
  9. Auto-switch keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto-switch keyboard layout?: I have 2 keyboards with different layouts (US-International and PT-ABNT2) I switch back and forth between. I currently have a shortcut set to change layouts. Is there any way to configure Windows 10 so it automatically switches to the correct layout based on the keyboard I'm...
  10. Windows 10 Desktop layout

Windows 10 Desktop layout: It keeps changing & can't seem to lock it like we used to in previous versions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-desktop-layout/77655cd6-3cd2-4105-b1b0-2684c9793d35