Windows 10: Switch mouse buttons -- also for lock screen

Discus and support Switch mouse buttons -- also for lock screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I switched mouse buttons to left-handed, I did this for all user accounts. But when I go to lock screen, it often behaves at default settings. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shmu26, Mar 17, 2018.

1. shmu26 Win User

Switch mouse buttons -- also for lock screen

I switched mouse buttons to left-handed, I did this for all user accounts.
    But when I go to lock screen, it often behaves at default settings.
    How can I switch mouse buttons for the whole local machine, even lock screen?

:)

shmu26, Mar 17, 2018

2. Mouse not working

The mouse on keypad working fine because it is showing on the screen but on the lock screen the mouses click won't work on the screen so I'm not able to sign in on the picture password and the shutdown button on screen below the 'switch sign in' is not working
    so I can't shut my laptop down and I also can't switch the sign in because the mouse won't work.

nadiaboyle, Mar 17, 2018
  3. Shmu26 Win User
    Switch mouse buttons globally

I went into control panel and switched mouse buttons, I did this for all my user accounts.

But when I go to the lock screen, the mouse often reverts to default settings, and this is very confusing.

How can I switch mouse buttons for the whole local machine? There must be a registry hack for this.

And after I do this, will I have to undo the setting I made for the individual user accounts?

Shmu26, Mar 17, 2018
  4. Switch mouse buttons -- also for lock screen

I do not have an answer for your question, but have you consider disabling the lock screen as a workaround?

Wheelabrator, Mar 27, 2018
  5. shmu26 Win User
    1 how to do that? win 10 RS3
    2 how will I choose between my various user accounts, if I have no lock screen?

shmu26, Mar 28, 2018
  6. Wheelabrator, Mar 28, 2018
  7. shmu26 Win User
    Thanks. I guess I meant to say log in screen, not lock screen

shmu26, Mar 28, 2018
  8. Berton Win User

My thought the Lock Screen goes back to the basics and custom settings have to be reloaded after it's unlocked.

Berton, Mar 28, 2018
  9. Wheelabrator, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Switch mouse buttons -- also for lock screen - Similar Threads - Switch mouse buttons

2. Windows 11 mouse button switching issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 mouse button switching issues: I have installed Windows 11 on my PC and on my wife's PC, which is connected wirelesly on the same network.I am having erratic mouse movements and connectivity problems, which I understand is an issue currently being addressed by Microsoft technicians and I believe that a fix...
  3. Windows 11 mouse button switching issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 mouse button switching issues: I have installed Windows 11 on my PC and on my wife's PC, which is connected wirelesly on the same network.I am having erratic mouse movements and connectivity problems, which I understand is an issue currently being addressed by Microsoft technicians and I believe that a fix...
  4. Mouse buttons switched

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse buttons switched: After the last Windows 10 update, the mouse buttons have switched so that the right button became the primary one. I have tried to reverse the sequence using the settings something you could normally do. It solves the problem, but only for one minute or so. After this, the...
  5. Mouse left click switched to side button

Mouse left click switched to side button: Whenever I'm not signed into Windows my left click function is assigned to the top side button. This is the case on the log in screen and advanced setup but once I sign in the mouse functions as normal. How can I fix this so that left click stays the same? And could the...
  6. changing the buttons on one network mouse also changes the other

changing the buttons on one network mouse also changes the other: I have 2 PCs on my home network and I am logged into both with the same account. I prefer a left-hand mouse on one computer and a right-hand mouse on the other. Ever since updating to Win 10 v2004 yesterday I cannot do this. Changing the buttons on one mouse changes both....
  7. Windows switching to Lock screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows switching to Lock screen?: I have set everything to "Never" so that my Windows 10 never goes to sleep, yet if I leave my PC (desktop) for a short while, Windows reverts to the lock screen. I have checked and double checked the settings and all are set to "Never". Any idea what is wrong and how to fix...
  8. How to use either mouse button on lock screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to use either mouse button on lock screen?: Hi, I am using a Windows 10 machine with four active users. One of them is left handed, the others are not... Ever since I upgraded to Win10 everybody on the machine finds her-/himself using the wrong mouse button at least once a day. On Windows 7 both mouse buttons could...
  9. mouse buttons keep switching

mouse buttons keep switching: I've had an HP Spectre 2-in-1 for well over a year now, running W10. I'm a lefty, and for some reason just recently, it has started switching the mouse (trackpad) buttons back to the default orientation almost every time it goes to sleep and wakes up. For whatever reason, it...
  10. mouse buttons keep switching

in Windows 10 Support
    mouse buttons keep switching: I've had an HP Spectre 2-in-1 for well over a year now, running W10. I'm a lefty, and for some reason just recently, it has started switching the mouse (trackpad) buttons back to the default orientation almost every time it goes to sleep and wakes up. For whatever reason, it...