Windows 10: Switch off PC without mouse clicking when press the Power Button

Discus and support Switch off PC without mouse clicking when press the Power Button in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, Please could someone point me to a way of making it so that when I press the Power Button on my Windows 10 desktop that the computer will power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by j3dj3d, Dec 9, 2015.

1. j3dj3d Win User

Switch off PC without mouse clicking when press the Power Button

Hi,

Please could someone point me to a way of making it so that when I press the Power Button on my Windows 10 desktop that the computer will power down without me having to click with the mouse to turn off various programs or clicking the "restart anyway" button that appears. I managed to do this with windows XP in the past. I think it might have been a registry alteration?

Thanks for any advice?

:)

j3dj3d, Dec 9, 2015

2. Computer powers on when in sleep mode

So I updated windows and restarted the pc.

I did pwrconfig -restoredefaultschemes and restarted the pc.

Now when I put the computer into sleep or it does it automatically, it powers off. Before I could click the keyboard or move the mouse and it would start up from beginning without pressing the power button.

Now when it goes to sleep I have to press the power button to start the computer.

MichaelSorensen, Dec 9, 2015
  3. varun.gl Win User
    Samsung Focus: Stuck on download mode.

thanks for reply

yes...but one more thing is there..

it does not switch on or switch off by pressing power button.

after inserting and removing battery for at least 10 times, once system boots and phone starts up but then again it turns off without pressing any key and when it goes to stand by it turns off and does not switch off after pressing power button...

what is wrong only god knows...

i guess its power system is not working properly...

Thanks

varun.gl, Dec 9, 2015
  4. jerrypc1 Win User

You can press power button any time to power down the computer . But it is not recommended .for several reasons one is that something may be running in the back ground The proper way to shut down a computer is to click the windows button in the bottom left then click power then it gives you three options -Restart, Sleep, Shut down. That is the only way I have ever known to power down a computer

jerrypc1, Dec 9, 2015
  5. j3dj3d Win User
    Thanks Jerrypc1. I have many PCs that I have lined up in a room just to use their power for processor intensive tasks. I've got them so I can get them in the right state just by pressing the power on button and waiting. I've had it before when they were on XP that I could just press the power button again on each of them to turn them off without me intervening with the mouse saving me time. Am trying to remember how I did it with XP.

j3dj3d, Dec 9, 2015
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    Check this setting in Power Options...
    Switch off PC without mouse clicking when press the Power Button [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Dec 9, 2015
  7. jerrypc1 Win User
    There are many Members on this forum That know much more about a PC than I do Maybe one of them could help you find the answer you are looking for.

jerrypc1, Dec 9, 2015
  8. j3dj3d Win User

Ah this machine seems to be shutting down all the way without intervention now thank you.

j3dj3d, Dec 9, 2015
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    I assume you mean my answer. You're welcome.

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Switch off PC without mouse clicking when press the Power Button - Similar Threads - Switch off without

2. When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC: When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-switched-the-power-switch-my-pc-automatic/5aef23f4-2113-4d62-99e1-e6bb50187611
  3. When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC: When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-switched-the-power-switch-my-pc-automatic/5aef23f4-2113-4d62-99e1-e6bb50187611
  4. When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My PC gets woken up by the power button, without pressing the power button...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC gets woken up by the power button, without pressing the power button...: My desktop PC randomly wakes from sleep on its own after a few minutes or so. Referring back to this thread, I checked the powercfg log using "powercfg -lastwake" run as admin in powershell. Curiously, this reports back withWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source...
  6. My PC gets woken up by the power button, without pressing the power button...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC gets woken up by the power button, without pressing the power button...: My desktop PC randomly wakes from sleep on its own after a few minutes or so. Referring back to this thread, I checked the powercfg log using "powercfg -lastwake" run as admin in powershell. Curiously, this reports back withWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source...
  7. Mouse left click switched to side button

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse left click switched to side button: Whenever I'm not signed into Windows my left click function is assigned to the top side button. This is the case on the log in screen and advanced setup but once I sign in the mouse functions as normal. How can I fix this so that left click stays the same? And could the...
  8. Mouse Clicks twice with on button press, but it is not counted as a double click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Clicks twice with on button press, but it is not counted as a double click: 75% approximately of the time, when I click the left mouse button once it is counted as two separate clicks, but not as a double click. Ex. when I try to pause a song or video, it pauses and unpauses again. This does not happen when I right click. I have tried plugging the...
  9. How to switch my Windows 10 PC off with one press of the power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to switch my Windows 10 PC off with one press of the power button: How do I switch my windows 10 PC off with one press of the power button? if I have Outlook open and a word document and I press the power button, I get the PC stating that Outlook is preventing it from switching off and I need to first save the Word document. I would like...
  10. PC freezes completely when gaming. Have to switch off at power button.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes completely when gaming. Have to switch off at power button.: Having a bit of a problem latel. Sometimes when playing games, usually about 5-10 mins in, my PC freezes completely. No inputs work(keyboard or mouse), all sound stops, image freezes on screen, cant use ctrl+alt+del and I have to turn it off by holding power button down....