Windows 10: Switch out of S mode in Windows 10 for Free

Discus and support Switch out of S mode in Windows 10 for Free in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Switch out of S mode in Windows 10 for Free How to Switch out of S mode in Windows 10 for Free Windows 10 in S mode is designed for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Switch out of S mode in Windows 10 for Free

How to: Switch out of S mode in Windows 10 for Free

How to Switch out of S mode in Windows 10 for Free

Windows 10 in S mode is designed for security and performance, exclusively running apps from the Microsoft Store. If you want to install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, you'll need to switch out of S mode. There's no charge to switch out of S mode.

Switching out of S mode is one-way. If you make the switch, you won't be able to go back to Windows 10 in S mode.

For more details about Windows 10 in S mode, see:
    This tutorial will show you how to switch out of Windows 10 in S mode to the current Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Enterprise, or Windows 10 Education edition for free.

You must be signed in as an administrator to switch out of S mode in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1 Open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & Security icon.

2 Click/tap on Activation on the left side, and click/tap on the Go to the Microsoft Store link under the Switch to Windows 10 <current edition> section on the right side. (see screenshot below)

The <current edition> (ex: Home) of Windows 10 will be the same as what you currently have in S mode.

Switch out of S mode in Windows 10 for Free [​IMG]

3 Click/tap on the Get button on the Switch out of S mode page in the Microsoft Store app. (see screenshot below)

4 Click/tap on the Install button when ready to start switching out of S mode. (see screenshot below)

5 When prompted, click/tap on Yes, let's go to confirm. (see screenshot below)

6 You will now switch out of S mode silently in the background until finished (not long). Restarting the computer is not required.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 8, 2018

2. Unable to switch out of Windows 10S mode.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulty you are facing. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the model number of the system?
    2. Could you please provide the screenshot of the page where you are not able see Get button by referring to

How to include a screenshot in your post
      ?

We would suggest you to refer
    Switching out of S mode in Windows 10
    and
    Fix problems switching Windows modes in Microsoft Store
    and try performing troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Switch out of S mode in Windows 10 for Free

Switching out of S Mode

I am having trouble switching my laptop out of S Mode. I went through the steps that are listed, and the Windows Store is updated and it won't let me click Get when you go to the screen to switch out of S mode.

ChelseaSmith3, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  6. need help with windows 10 missing desktop problem

You can disable tablet mode in settings

Disabling Tablet Mode :

• Go to the Tablet Mode tab under Settings -> System -> Tablet Mode
    • Toggle the "make Windows more touch friendly" option off.
    • Select whether the device switches modes automatically ->change to Dont Ask/Don't Switch.

DeathtoGnomes, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Switch out of S mode in Windows 10 for Free

1. Switch out of S mode in Windows 10 for Free - Similar Threads - Switch mode Free

2. Is switching out of S Mode still free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is switching out of S Mode still free?: I have a new Dell laptop with WIndows 10 S mode installed.I want to upgrade to WIndows 11 but see the questions i need answered?Is switching out of S mode still free?If I switch out of S mode to Home, can I still upgrade to WIndows 11??thank you for your quick...
  3. Is switching out of S Mode still free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is switching out of S Mode still free?: I have a new Dell laptop with WIndows 10 S mode installed.I want to upgrade to WIndows 11 but see the questions i need answered?Is switching out of S mode still free?If I switch out of S mode to Home, can I still upgrade to WIndows 11??thank you for your quick...
  4. Is switching out of S Mode still free?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. switching out of s mode on windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    switching out of s mode on windows 10: I have done everything and windows 10 will not let me switch out of s mode. I have to download an app and I cant until it is switched out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-out-of-s-mode-on-windows-10/6feb561b-5a1d-42a2-b6b4-780b4d1d7af3
  6. Switching out of S mode - windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching out of S mode - windows 10: I tried your suggestion on how to switch out of S mode.... by going to "Settings" then "Update and Security" then "Activation" but there is NO "switch to windows10 home" or "switch to windows 10 pro" section on the page, to click on the "go to the store" link. Can you...
  7. Switching out Windows 10 S Mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switching out Windows 10 S Mode: I've looked over the directions to switch out of windows 10 S mode but the last step where it says to click the "Get" button there is no "Get" button on the "Switch out of S mode" page....
  8. switching out of s mode with windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    switching out of s mode with windows 10: hello, i am trying to switch out of s mode but on the microsoft store there is a 'GET' button but it wont allow me to press it. can anyone help with this please?...
  9. Switch out of Windows 10 S mode.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Switch out of Windows 10 S mode.: I need to turn off Windows 10 S mode from a new Lenovo Yoga. The only indication that it is in S mode is a pop-up states that I need to switch out of S mode to download some necessary software. I have scoured youtube and the net to find a solution and none is forthcoming....
  10. Switching out of s mode Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching out of s mode Windows 10: Hi Everyone, each time I try to switch out of s mode I get an error 0x800704cf "You'll need internet for this" Ive updated everything on my laptop as suggested in many threads and still no joy Is there any fix for this??? Many Thanks...