Windows 10: Switch Product key

Discus and support Switch Product key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 2 devices with Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro . I want to Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro and Downgrade Pro to Home . Should i just switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rk.97, Jul 11, 2018.

1. rk.97 Win User

Switch Product key

I have 2 devices with Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro . I want to Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro and Downgrade Pro to Home . Should i just switch the product key or need to reinstall Windows ?

:)

rk.97, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jul 11, 2018
  3. i know the product id but forget the product key

Hello,

There is still a way to search for your product key. Kindly follow the steps below for you to know your product key:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (admin)
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Then hit Enter
    The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Switch Product key

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Switch Product key

1. Switch Product key - Similar Threads - Switch Product key

2. Windows 11 product key after switching to Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 product key after switching to Linux: I have an HP laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled.I want to switch to Linux, but I'm not sure if my Windows 11 product key will be terminated.Will I be able to use my product key to reinstall Windows 11 in the future?...
  3. Windows 11 product key after switching to Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 product key after switching to Linux: I have an HP laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled.I want to switch to Linux, but I'm not sure if my Windows 11 product key will be terminated.Will I be able to use my product key to reinstall Windows 11 in the future?...
  4. Switch my product key to another laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch my product key to another laptop.: I just bought a new laptop and its FreeDos but my old one has a win 10 key and my microsoft account is connected with that. I want to install it to a new device without having issue with activation. How can I achieve that?...
  5. Switch my product key to another laptop.

Switch my product key to another laptop.: I just bought a new laptop and its FreeDos but my old one has a win 10 key and my microsoft account is connected with that. I want to install it to a new device without having issue with activation. How can I achieve that?...
  6. Switch my product key to another laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Wanna switch my product key to another laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wanna switch my product key to another laptop.: I just bought a new laptop and its FreeDos but my old one has a win 10 key and my microsoft account is connected with that. So if I install the win 10 to my new pc and login to my account is it just gonna activate or i have to deactivate the old one? Thx for any answers and...
  8. Wanna switch my product key to another laptop.

Wanna switch my product key to another laptop.: I just bought a new laptop and its FreeDos but my old one has a win 10 key and my microsoft account is connected with that. So if I install the win 10 to my new pc and login to my account is it just gonna activate or i have to deactivate the old one? Thx for any answers and...
  9. Wanna switch my product key to another laptop.

10. Activation switched from "with product key" to "with Digital License"

Activation switched from "with product key" to "with Digital License": After doing the upgrade from Windows 10 Education 1511 to 1607, Settings > Update & security > Activation, switched from "activated with a product key" to Activated with a Digital License". Activation has changed with the upgrade to 1607. To clarify what I'm talking about...