Windows 10: Switch to MS Account in WIN 10 - Tutorial

Discus and support Switch to MS Account in WIN 10 - Tutorial in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I was looking at the tutorial in re: to Switching to a MS Account from a local account. My problem is I have a built-in "Administrator account" that... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by tonyolson, Feb 27, 2018.

1. tonyolson Win User

Switch to MS Account in WIN 10 - Tutorial

I was looking at the tutorial in re: to Switching to a MS Account from a local account.
    My problem is I have a built-in "Administrator account" that cannot be switched to a MS Account (your warning). What can I do to move on? I imagine add a dummy local account?*Smile
    You write detailed tutorials.

Thanks.

Tony Olson

:)

tonyolson, Feb 27, 2018

2. This PC is under DESKTOP in My Files tree view

Can you right click any of the links under Desktop to see if they will remove as they often will if they're merely links which most are?

Another thing you can do is elevate your Local Account to Admin, change your account from MS Account to Local Account if it's not already, then move into the working Local Account, affiliate it with your MS account if desired:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-user-...

http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-tip-swi...

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5375-switch...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 27, 2018
  3. SpiritX MS MVP, Feb 27, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Switch to MS Account in WIN 10 - Tutorial - Similar Threads - Switch Account Tutorial

2. switching Windows to other ms account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switching Windows to other ms account: Hi,I would love to give my old laptop to my sister. I just want to ask if I should clean install windows and add her MS account on my old device or there is an easier way?...
  3. switching Windows to other ms account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    switching Windows to other ms account: Hi,I would love to give my old laptop to my sister. I just want to ask if I should clean install windows and add her MS account on my old device or there is an easier way?...
  4. switching Windows to other ms account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. win 10 license linking to MS account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 license linking to MS account: i have 5 windows 10 upgraded from win7 licenses. so far i have not linked them with microsoft account. can i link all 5 PCs to the same microsoft account ? if so what are the issues that arise from that?thanks...
  6. Switching From MS Account To Local Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switching From MS Account To Local Account: In Settings, I'm trying to switch from a MS Account to a Local Account. I'm asked for my name. When I give it I'm told that name is already in use. Of course it is; that's the account I want to use. Can I get past this somehow, and if I do. does that delete my MS Account?...
  7. ms account switch admin problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ms account switch admin problems: set up a new desktop computer for a friend used my ms account to install win 10 when I brought it to him and went to change to his account he tells me he doesnt have his un and password from there it turned into a night mare I couldnt switch users and because Im not sure...
  8. Switching Computer's MS Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching Computer's MS Account: I want to switch my computer's MS account. I use my second account for billing and want to abandon the account that my computer says is the primary administrator. Funny thing is when I login to the account i don't want, it says I'm logged into the account I do want....
  9. local account unable to switch to MS account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    local account unable to switch to MS account: I tried everything on the account page to no avail. When I googled the issue, I saw many folks with the same issue. How is whis done with Windows 10 Pro 1809? I was told to use a second account for my wife to backup itunes so gave her a local account then cold not get back to...
  10. local account unable to switch to MS account

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    local account unable to switch to MS account: I tried everything on the account page to no avail. When I googled the issue, I saw many folks with the same issue. How is whis done with Windows 10 Pro 1809? I was told to use a second account for my wife to backup itunes so gave her a local account then cold not get back to...