Windows 10: Switch to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 S

Discus and support Switch to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 S in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Switch from Windows 10 in S mode to Windows 10 Pro How to Switch from Windows 10 in S mode to Windows 10 Pro [img] Information S... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Switch to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 S

How to: Switch from Windows 10 in S mode to Windows 10 Pro

How to Switch from Windows 10 in S mode to Windows 10 Pro

Switch to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 S [​IMG]
    Information S mode is an enhanced security mode of Windows 10. Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise in S mode powers affordable, cloud-ready devices that are simple, secure, and efficient. Users can get started quickly, thanks to self-service deployment and a familiar Windows experience. Low-price S mode devices offer tailored solutions for kiosks, digital signs, and task work. If your device is running Windows 10 version 1709, or Windows 10 version 1803, you can switch from Windows 10 in S mode to Windows 10 Pro.

For more information about Windows 10 in S mode, see:
    If you have Windows 10 S installed, you can switch to Windows 10 Pro easily at any time through the Windows Store for an affordable price, or by by entering your Windows 10 Pro product key.

Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 S users who use accessibility technology will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free. Microsoft has announced it is extending the ability to switch from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro for free until March 31, 2018.

Education customers can switch Windows 10 S devices to Windows 10 Pro Education free of charge using the Microsoft Store for Education. For more information, see Switch to Windows 10 Pro Education from Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 S.

This tutorial will show you how to easily switch from Windows 10 in S mode to Windows 10 Pro without losing anything.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to switch to Windows 10 Pro.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Switch to Windows 10 Pro from Store
    • Option Two: Switch to Windows 10 Pro by Entering Product Key

OPTION ONE [/i] Switch to Windows 10 Pro from Store
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & security icon.

2. Click/tap on Activation on the left side, and click/tap on the Go to Store link on the right side under Switch to Windows 10 Pro. (see screenshot below)

3. If you're eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro or have a step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

4. If you're not eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, then click/tap on the $49.00 button to purchase Windows 10 Pro. (see screenshot below)

*note If you already have a Windows 10 Pro product key, then click/tap on the I have a Windows 10 Pro product key link instead, and go to step 3 in Option Two below.

5. When ready to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, click/tap on the Yes, let's go button. (see screenshot below)

6. Windows will now restart the computer and start switching your PC to Windows 10 Pro. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can sign in to Windows 10 Pro. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Switch to Windows 10 Pro by Entering Product Key
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & security icon.

2. Click/tap on Activation on the left side, and click/tap on the Change product key link on the right side under Switch to Windows 10 Pro. (see screenshot below)

3. Enter your Windows 10 Pro product key, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

*note If you do not currently have your Windows 10 Pro product key available, then you can enter the generic product key for Windows 10 Pro below. This key will allow you to switch your PC to Windows 10 Pro, but will not activate it.

(Windows 10 Pro)
    *Arrow VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

OR

(Windows 10 Pro N)
    *Arrow 2B87N-8KFHP-DKV6R-Y2C8J-PKCKT

After your PC has been switched to Windows 10 Pro, you'll need to activate Windows with your Windows 10 Pro product key when you're able to next.

4. When ready to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, click/tap on Start. (see screenshot below)

5. Windows will now restart the computer and start switching your PC to Windows 10 Pro. (see screenshots below)

6. When finished, you can sign in to Windows 10 Pro. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 4, 2017

2. Switching from Windows 10 s to Windows 10 Pro

Hi Angus,

Switching to Pro is one-way. If you make the switch, you won't be able to go back to Windows 10 S. To know more about requirements and how you can switch from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro, you may check this article:
    Switch to Windows 10 Pro Education from Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 S

Let us know if you need further help.

Jenicel Dri, Sep 4, 2017
  3. Can not switch to Windows 10 Pro

Hi Jo,

Switching to Pro is one-way. If you make the switch, you won't be able to go back to Windows 10 S. To know more about requirements and how you can switch from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro, you may check this article:
    Switch to Windows 10 Pro Education from Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 S

Let us know if you need further help.

Jenicel Dri, Sep 4, 2017
Thema:

Switch to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 S

1. Switch to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 S - Similar Threads - Switch Pro

2. Switch Windows 11 Pro Computer from Personal Use to Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch Windows 11 Pro Computer from Personal Use to Work: Hi EveryoneI got two Windows 11 Pro Computer with my personal Microsoft Account gmail Emailadress logged in as the main user.Now i want to add another user account - a work user M365 Business Standard licensed to separate work and personal use.on one computer i can choose...
  3. Switch Windows 11 Pro Computer from Personal Use to Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch Windows 11 Pro Computer from Personal Use to Work: Hi EveryoneI got two Windows 11 Pro Computer with my personal Microsoft Account gmail Emailadress logged in as the main user.Now i want to add another user account - a work user M365 Business Standard licensed to separate work and personal use.on one computer i can choose...
  4. Windows 11 Pro - Taskbar keeps locking up when switching around from desktops to VMs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro - Taskbar keeps locking up when switching around from desktops to VMs: I have Windows 11 Pro, use Hyper-V for various VMs, and also a VMWare Horizon Client for other VMs.Quite often my Explorer.exe will lock up / freeze and I have to restart it with CTRL+ALT+DEL.Any ideas why my taskbar keeps freezing up?Any way to stop that from happening...
  5. Windows 11 Pro - Taskbar keeps locking up when switching around from desktops to VMs

Windows 11 Pro - Taskbar keeps locking up when switching around from desktops to VMs: I have Windows 11 Pro, use Hyper-V for various VMs, and also a VMWare Horizon Client for other VMs.Quite often my Explorer.exe will lock up / freeze and I have to restart it with CTRL+ALT+DEL.Any ideas why my taskbar keeps freezing up?Any way to stop that from happening...
  6. Windows not detecting purchased Win 11 pro license after hardware switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not detecting purchased Win 11 pro license after hardware switch: HiI recently switched laptops. I purchased win 11 pro license on old device. While switching to new device, I complete reset the old one But while trying to upgrade the new one to win 11 pro, it's asking me to purchase again....
  7. Windows not detecting purchased Win 11 pro license after hardware switch

Windows not detecting purchased Win 11 pro license after hardware switch: HiI recently switched laptops. I purchased win 11 pro license on old device. While switching to new device, I complete reset the old one But while trying to upgrade the new one to win 11 pro, it's asking me to purchase again....
  8. Why won't my Nintendo Switch Pro Controller work conected with USB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my Nintendo Switch Pro Controller work conected with USB?: Hello,Recently I have been trying to connect my Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to my Windows 10 laptop through various different techniques to use on PCSX2, but each way has shown me its unique, brain-twisting problems. This has been going on for so long now that it has...
  9. Why won't my Nintendo Switch Pro Controller work conected with USB?

Why won't my Nintendo Switch Pro Controller work conected with USB?: Hello,Recently I have been trying to connect my Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to my Windows 10 laptop through various different techniques to use on PCSX2, but each way has shown me its unique, brain-twisting problems. This has been going on for so long now that it has...
  10. Windows no detecta mi pro controler de nintendo switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows no detecta mi pro controler de nintendo switch: Tengo un problema al conectar mi mando pro de nintendo switch por cable USB y es que antes yo conectaba mi mando para jugar en el modo big picture de steam y lo reconocía y podía jugar pero ahora me aparece mando no conectado en steam sin embargo si que esta conectado al pc...