Windows 10: Switch user tab at bottom left is not there and I cannot log in

Discus and support Switch user tab at bottom left is not there and I cannot log in in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to reset a Dell Venue 10 tablet for a high school I work at. We cannot log in to the account to reset that way nor does the sticky keys... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SchoolIT, Sep 20, 2016.

1. SchoolIT Win User

Switch user tab at bottom left is not there and I cannot log in

I am trying to reset a Dell Venue 10 tablet for a high school I work at. We cannot log in to the account to reset that way nor does the sticky keys workaround work. I need to switch user to log in to my admin account but there is no option for that.

Here is a similar thread but no one gave him the answer he needs besides reset. That is not an option either.
    Switching user at startup. - Windows 10 Forums

:)

SchoolIT, Sep 20, 2016

2. Switching Users Only available when Logged Out

So I want to be able to switch users and when I first installed Windows 10 I could switch users while others were logged in all the time. Then for a while I wasn't and I just dealt with it, then I was able, and now I have returned to not being able to switch
    users.

Here are the variables.

• Only current logged in user shows up in start menu
    • The only options when clicking user in start menu are "Change Account Settings", "Lock", and "Log Out"
    • Upon logging out, I will see all my users in bottom left of login screen.
    • The lock screen does NOT show any users in the bottom left when logged in.
    • There is no "Switch User" option in start menu or lock screen.
    • This is the case for all users.

Is is a Windows version issue?

Are there programs that can keep me from doing this?

Elissalion, Sep 20, 2016
  3. Windows 1709 update replaced user account settings, apps, etc

One other thing to look for is when booting up have a look for Other Accounts - bottom Left or try and log onto your original account the 'Switch User' or initiate 'Log-on to a different account' sequence.

Rudd van Deventer, Sep 20, 2016
  4. Vesao Win User

If you just want to factory reset a tablet, boot with your Windows installation DVD, click "Repair your computer". Browse to Troubleshoot -> Reset this PC. The whole process doesn't ask you for your old password.

Reset Windows 10

Vesao, Sep 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Switch user tab at bottom left is not there and I cannot log in - Similar Threads - Switch user tab

2. i cannot switch user in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot switch user in windows: i cannot switch user in windows, i can see my users but when click on sgin in, nothing happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-switch-user-in-windows/d2db7d1d-c807-44eb-bd90-a09b1a6550bf
  3. i cannot switch user in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cannot switch user in windows: i cannot switch user in windows, i can see my users but when click on sgin in, nothing happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-switch-user-in-windows/d2db7d1d-c807-44eb-bd90-a09b1a6550bf
  4. My screen is zoomed into the bottom left corner and I cannot unzoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen is zoomed into the bottom left corner and I cannot unzoom: Screen is zoomed into the bottom left corner and I cant access settings or anything except some of the windows menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-zoomed-into-the-bottom-left-corner/c4fe3e14-f8cf-4918-83f5-88caa7afa951
  5. My screen is zoomed into the bottom left corner and I cannot unzoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen is zoomed into the bottom left corner and I cannot unzoom: Screen is zoomed into the bottom left corner and I cant access settings or anything except some of the windows menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-zoomed-into-the-bottom-left-corner/c4fe3e14-f8cf-4918-83f5-88caa7afa951
  6. My screen is zoomed into the bottom left corner and I cannot unzoom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Cannot switch tabs in Chrome sometimes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot switch tabs in Chrome sometimes: Sometimes especially when I am using touchpad and disconnect powersupply, I am unable to switch tabs. When I click on a different tab nothing happens. Also not sure if related sometimes when a dialogue box pops up I cannot click yes or no but can only navigate with buttons....
  8. Switching users vs logging out?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching users vs logging out?: Hello, i just added my brother to my desktop as a user and wanted to make sure that his background programs aren't running when i am on my account and vice versa. Is making sure that he logs out before i log in/not using the switch accounts option good enough to stop this...
  9. Cannot switch users

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot switch users: Hi There: So on a 10 month old HP laptop, with Win 10 Home ver 1803 (build 17134.407) in the last couple of weeks a problem has presented itself where we cannot switch users. There are three user accounts - Mine, Wife, and Admin. All accounts are valid and passwords work...
  10. Icons Move to Left after Switching Users?

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons Move to Left after Switching Users?: When I switch from account A to account B then back to account A without logging off, I find the desktop icons in account A are all rearranged on the left hand side of the screen. Auto arrange icons is off. Is this 'feature' another Microsoft software engineering bug and...