Windows 10: switched from Mail to WLM

Discus and support switched from Mail to WLM in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi All Just for your info Since today I haven't been able to open some email in the Mail app in Windows 10. It got to the point that I had to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Johnno61, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Johnno61 Win User

switched from Mail to WLM

Hi All

Just for your info

Since today I haven't been able to open some email in the Mail app in Windows 10. It got to the point that I had to switch back to using WLM. All is working like a dream now.

Cheers

:)

Johnno61, Sep 3, 2015
  2. grahambm Win User

Import mail to windows 10

You can install WLM on Windows 10. Export all messages and contacts first then Import them into new WLM on Win 10.

But facing same problem and with no support now for WLM, I switched to Mozzilla Thunderbird for both Windows 7 and Windows 10. It is a free download and is able to import the mail and contacts you exported from WLM.

Thunderbird is quite similar to WLM, so once installed and configured, you will like it!

The Windows 10 Mail program is a joke unless you have very few emails and just one account.

ADDED: You don't mention how you email is now configured in WLM. If it is POP3, then you might consider switching it to IMAP before you transfer to Windows 10. With IMAP, all messages are stored on your ISP servers. When you create the new account in Thunderbird
    (or even Win10 Mail), the messages will automatically download. Downloaded POP messages stored on your computer won't sync like that, but they will if you move them into the new IMAP account on existing Win 7 WLM.

If you are already using IMAP, just set up your new mail program in Win10 and the mail will all magically be there!

In both cases, you need to export your contacts from WLM and then Thunderbird can import them. Various other ways if you use w10 mail.

grahambm, Sep 3, 2015
  3. Mail rules in windows 10 Mail

I switched to Thunderbird. It is old and not being updated but it does receive security and some other fixes from time to time. It is sort of a pain to import from WLM but it integrates with all known (at least by me) E-Mail formats and providers.

RickStreeter, Sep 3, 2015
  4. Phone Man Win User

I upgraded from W8.1 with WLM 2012 and it's working great in W10 so will stay with it.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Sep 3, 2015
  5. essenbe Win User
    Same here, Phone Man. It just works.

essenbe, Sep 3, 2015
  6. What I had to use here was Windows Essentials 2012 which is likely the same. I did get the mail app running ok with another WLM account used for that however. Just remember to leave the Windows Live Messenger box unchecked if you see that option! WLM is DOA! MS went with the Skype option when signing for any new accounts at outlook.com that replaces the old live.com for new accounts.

Night Hawk, Sep 3, 2015
  7. Phone Man Win User
    Just for clarification we are talking about Windows Live Mail which is a part of Windows Essentials 2012. Using "WLM" does get confusing as there was Windows Live Messenger also which has been discontinued. I still use Photo Gallery and Movie Maker which is still included in Windows Essentials 2012 and still available from MS.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#wetabs=we2012

Jim *Nerd

Phone Man, Sep 3, 2015
  8. switched from Mail to WLM

You don't even need to download the Windows Photo Viewer separately. Simply follow the instructions in the guide for this That's a simple reg tweak you download there. in order to see the WPViewer restored in 10. How to Restore Windows Photo View in WIndows 10

As for the use of any mail app I always had the Live Mail app pinned to the task bar in 7 while I went for the Essentials to pin it in 10. without any issues. When messenger was dumped out of the blue having only received the last minute MS mail about that I lost contact with a few people before getting back to them about Skype. The Skype paid subscription provides a bit more then the freebie however.

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. switched from Mail to WLM - Similar Threads - switched Mail WLM

2. Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM: Hi, I'm using Windows Live Mail WLM, which I really like, in Windows 7 as my main e-mail handling program and have Yahoo mail as my background mail account. For some reason my Yahoo mail is no longer automatically transferred to my WLM whereas a few weeks ago it was fine. 1...
  3. Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM: Hi, I'm using Windows Live Mail WLM, which I really like, in Windows 7 as my main e-mail handling program and have Yahoo mail as my background mail account. For some reason my Yahoo mail is no longer automatically transferred to my WLM whereas a few weeks ago it was fine. 1...
  4. WLM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLM: PLEASE BRING BACK SUPPORT FOR WLM. MAIL APP STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN. WHAT CAN WE USE FOR DECENT EMAIL ACCOUNT???????????????? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wlm/87473bca-aae8-4bdd-a903-be3fff3be3db
  5. WLM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLM: Why do I get more WANTED emails on WLM than I do on Mail App ??? Thank you!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wlm/8e1f0f5d-8719-4fc9-9318-852798dfe5a3
  6. WLM restore folders and mails

in Browsers and Email
    WLM restore folders and mails: Hi, I accidentally deleted some folders and mails within these in wlm, is there any chance of restoring these folders? Kind regards, Stephen 44879
  7. WLM cannot pick up E-Mails from Yahoo

in Browsers and Email
    WLM cannot pick up E-Mails from Yahoo: This is my bosses laptop just upgraded to WIN10. When he opens WLM it gives him a popup asking for e-mail address at yahoo and password to download the mail. Next I see the popup with the green bar running from left to right. It never reaches the end and the whole popup...
  8. When e-mailing link from website WLM states WLDCore.dll is missing

in Browsers and Email
    When e-mailing link from website WLM states WLDCore.dll is missing: This message just started today "This program can't start because WLDCore.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem." Have checked the net for guidance and have uninstalled/reinstalled Windows Live Messenger. Also have copied/pasted...
  9. Please confirm that new Windows Mail cannot import from WLM

in Browsers and Email
    Please confirm that new Windows Mail cannot import from WLM: Ive recently migrated to Windows 10 and am happily using WLM. However having looked at Windows Mail it would seem logical to move to it. Ive tried it successfully with my POP3 account but can not see anyway of importing my existing emails from my PC (WLM). Ive done searches...
  10. Windows Live Mail (WLM) Bizarre Behavior

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail (WLM) Bizarre Behavior: I have been using Windows 10 for almost a year with Windows Live Mail as my email client without issue until about 3 weeks ago. Now, there is an intermittent problem: I have 3 accounts linked to my WLM and when doing a send/receive randomly the program will do crazy...