Windows 10: Switched to Microsoft Account to Local Account - Programs Gone

Discus and support Switched to Microsoft Account to Local Account - Programs Gone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, First time posting here but I hope you can help. I switched my microsoft account to a local account and now my laptop cannot start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Walker705, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Walker705 Win User

Switched to Microsoft Account to Local Account - Programs Gone

Hi,

First time posting here but I hope you can help.

I switched my microsoft account to a local account and now my laptop cannot start applications I have installed, such as Chrome and WoW. I tried switching back to a microsoft account and this did not resolve the problem.

I can see the installed programs in Programs & Features, but they cannot be uninstalled.

The shortcuts that were created for these programs say they cannot find the file location.

While I could just go ahead and reinstalled, this will be a problem for ones like Wow, and its a brand new laptop which I intended to keep as organised as I could Switched to Microsoft Account to Local Account - Programs Gone :p not a great start.

Anything that could resolve this would be amazing.

:)

Walker705, Jan 2, 2016

2. Switched from Microsoft Account to Local Account - Programs Gone

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for delay in response.

1) What happens when you try to access the programs?

2) Does this issue occur with Microsoft inbuilt application?

3) Does it show any warning sign or exclamation mark?

I suggest you to check in the programs list from the control panel and see if there are any duplicate applications.

Try to enter into safe mode and check if you are getting the same result.

When you turn your computer on, enter Safe Mode.

To enter Safe Mode in Windows 10:

1. Restart your PC.

2. Press
    Shift + restart before the Windows logo appears.

3. Click
    See Advanced Repair Options.

4. Click
    Troubleshoot.

5. Click
    Advanced Options.

6. Click
    Windows Startup Settings.

7. Click
    Restart.

8. You then see a list where you can choose
    Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking (depending on whether you think you’ll need the Internet).

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 2, 2016
  3. Switched from Microsoft Account to Local Account - Programs Gone

When trying to install some of MSI's own software, it says the software is already installed. So there must be duplicate installations/an existing one.

NicholasWalker705, Jan 2, 2016
  4. Walker705 Win User

When trying to install some of MSI's own software it says its already installed in the laptop, but I cannot use it like the programs above.

Walker705, Jan 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Switched to Microsoft Account to Local Account - Programs Gone - Similar Threads - Switched Microsoft Account

2. Switching the Microsoft account associate with my local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching the Microsoft account associate with my local account: Currently my local account is associated with my mum's Microsoft account since she bought this laptop quite a while ago. But now I'm the one fully using the laptop and I want to switch the Microsoft account to my Microsoft account since I already have one. Is there anyway I...
  3. Can't switch back from Microsoft account to Local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't switch back from Microsoft account to Local account: I had on my W10 a local account as administrator. I've logged it with my Outlook account, in order to purchase some item from Microsoft store. Now I want to revert back to Local account, but doesn't work. Of course I'm using my now my Outlook password instead of the local...
  4. Switch to a Local Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switch to a Local Account: I am trying to set up a local account after I have a Microsoft account set up. But it appears there is no option to add a local user when I go through the Settings, Your Account section. Why is this?...
  5. Switch local account to Microsoft login

Switch local account to Microsoft login: I initially made a local account on my computer, but want to have this account info switched to my Microsoft login without having to manually move all user info. Most online searching mentions a link to "login to Microsoft account", but that is not displayed in my user...
  6. Switch local to microsoft account on windows

Switch local to microsoft account on windows: i'm trying to switch my windows local account to my Microsoft account but after i go to setting>accounts>your_info>sign in with a Microsoft account instead and write down my user name and password i get a message that another user on this device using my Microsoft account...
  7. Switch to local account or reinstall with local account

Switch to local account or reinstall with local account: Hello. So i am new to Win 10, and recently did a Windows 10 Home edition test install on a separate harddrive (using Win 7 atm). I installed using the Microsoft account method, as i thought this was the only option. I recently found out that it is possible to install Win 10...
  8. Can't switch Microsoft account to local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't switch Microsoft account to local account: Hi! I'm having trouble with changing my account from Microsoft account to local account. When I change it, Windows says: "We are sorry, but something went wrong. Your Microsoft account wasn't changed to local account. Code: 0x80070057" Can anyone help me plz? I'm tired...
  9. Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account: I switched my account to a local account and that seemed to mess up my Outlook app. I clicked Fix account, nothing happens. I try to sign in with Microsoft account in settings, a screen comes up and disappears immediately....
  10. Switching to a local account

Switching to a local account: When I switch to a different account it says, "Switch to a local account". Can the account I’m switching to be accessed by anyone in my area?...