Windows 10: Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working

Discus and support Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, my issue is what title says. When i press ctrl+win+1/2/3/4, or ctrl+win+left/right, nothing happens. This is of course when i have numbers of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by unko, Mar 1, 2017.

1. unko Win User

Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working

Hello, my issue is what title says. When i press ctrl+win+1/2/3/4, or ctrl+win+left/right, nothing happens. This is of course when i have numbers of desktop opened. This seems to be a common issue but no genuine fix. Perhaps here someone will know? Thanks!

:)

unko, Mar 1, 2017

2. How to change keyboard shortcuts for switching between open programs?

How to change keyboard shortcuts (hotkey) for switching between open programs?

I can't switch between open programs at remote desktop via Alt+Tab (using RDP via Citrix Reciever), because Alt+Tab works at local machine only (or simple RDP, without Citrix Reciever).

How to set up special keybord shortcut for remote desktop, like Ctrl+Shift+F1 (for example).

I read this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/126449/keyboard-shortcuts-for-windows there are no answers for my question

P.S. Sorry for my english

Васильцов Сергей, Mar 1, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    windows settings

Hi Angela, do you mean you are using virtual Desktops on Windows 10 and you want to switch between desktops?

If so you can use these keyboard shortcuts to switch between desktops:

Windows Key + Ctrl + Left Arrow

Windows Key + Ctrl + Right Arrow

DaveM121, Mar 1, 2017
Thema:

Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working

1. Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working - Similar Threads - Switching between desktops

2. How can I switch between monitors by keyboard shortcuts in task view

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I switch between monitors by keyboard shortcuts in task view: Sorry for language mistakes. I will give an example. I have two monitors and on each screen i open two programs. When i press “win + tab” (task view mode) i have two programs on the left monitor and two on the right. I can choose each program by arrows from right monitor but...
  3. Unable to Switch Keyboard Layouts with Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Switch Keyboard Layouts with Shortcuts: So I saw one other person had a similar problem here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-layout-hotkey-shortcut-does-not-work/4399b607-d6a1-4388-86b7-0dda8b69c19b I'm posting this both because while I had the problem with Windows 7, it wasn't as...
  4. CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working: I have recently discovered that whenever I try to use keyboard shortcuts (i.e. ctrl + C, ctrl + Z, etc.) with my LEFT control key, nothing happens. Instead, it will just type the letter I tried to use in the shortcut. So if I try to copy, it will enter a C. This is only...
  5. desktop and taskbar shortcuts not working

desktop and taskbar shortcuts not working: Desktop and taskbar shortcuts not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-and-taskbar-shortcuts-not-working/0a60d373-afe7-4835-86b4-b97a67c39fd8
  6. Keyboard shortcuts for language switch not happening

Keyboard shortcuts for language switch not happening: This is probably a simple question. But i'm not familiar with Windows. And i did try searching on google. But I couldnt find an answer. So here it goes. I want to use the keyboard shortcuts to switch between languages. I am using Windows 10. Therefore , using the...
  7. Windows 10 desktop shortcuts synchronising between PCs even though syncing is switched off

Windows 10 desktop shortcuts synchronising between PCs even though syncing is switched off: Hi! I have a laptop and desktop PC both running windows 10. I've had to reinstall windows 10 on the desktop. Now when I add a short cut on one PC it appears on the other. I am logged into both PCs using my Microsoft User I've turned "sync settings" off under settings /...
  8. Computer keyboard shortcut. Switching between HDMI and laptop screen.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Computer keyboard shortcut. Switching between HDMI and laptop screen.: Hi folks. I'm looking for a way to switch between HDMI and my laptop screen. Preferably a quick keyboard shortcut. I have my laptop connected to my tv screen always, however, sometimes when i'm gaming on the tv i'll have to disconnect my HDMI to access my laptop screen,...
  9. Some keyboard shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Some keyboard shortcuts not working: I have a new Windows 10 desktop machine & like to use keyboard shortcuts to launch programs & folders. Some of them work & some don't. Some work some of the time. I saw some old threads on this, & tried some of their suggestions, like disabling Services/Superfetch & some...
  10. Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut: I have a shortcut on the desktop. If you double click on it, it runs the target program just fine. Under 'properties' I have tried assigning various shortcut keys like Ctrl+Alt+N and none of them work. I have also deleted and recreated the desktop shortcut with no luck....