Windows 10: Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working

Discus and support Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, my issue is what title says. When i press ctrl+win+1/2/3/4, or ctrl+win+left/right, nothing happens. This is of course when i have numbers of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by unko, Mar 1, 2017.

1. unko Win User

Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working

Hello, my issue is what title says. When i press ctrl+win+1/2/3/4, or ctrl+win+left/right, nothing happens. This is of course when i have numbers of desktop opened. This seems to be a common issue but no genuine fix. Perhaps here someone will know? Thanks!

:)

unko, Mar 1, 2017

2. How to change keyboard shortcuts for switching between open programs?

How to change keyboard shortcuts (hotkey) for switching between open programs?

I can't switch between open programs at remote desktop via Alt+Tab (using RDP via Citrix Reciever), because Alt+Tab works at local machine only (or simple RDP, without Citrix Reciever).

How to set up special keybord shortcut for remote desktop, like Ctrl+Shift+F1 (for example).

I read this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/126449/keyboard-shortcuts-for-windows there are no answers for my question

P.S. Sorry for my english

Васильцов Сергей, Mar 1, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    windows settings

Hi Angela, do you mean you are using virtual Desktops on Windows 10 and you want to switch between desktops?

If so you can use these keyboard shortcuts to switch between desktops:

Windows Key + Ctrl + Left Arrow

Windows Key + Ctrl + Right Arrow

DaveM121, Mar 1, 2017
Thema:

Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working

1. Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working - Similar Threads - Switching between desktops

2. Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working: After my Laptop sleeps, I cannot use any shortcut to switch between virtual desktops. Neither the Ctrl+Win+ArrowLeft/ArrowRight nor swiping left or right with four fingers on my trackpad. It goes back to working if I restart my device or occasionally after my machine...
  3. Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working: After my Laptop sleeps, I cannot use any shortcut to switch between virtual desktops. Neither the Ctrl+Win+ArrowLeft/ArrowRight nor swiping left or right with four fingers on my trackpad. It goes back to working if I restart my device or occasionally after my machine...
  4. how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?: how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-keyboard-shortcut-to-switch-between/e770a10a-8228-44ae-b180-a4dd2c57a03c
  5. how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?

how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?: how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-keyboard-shortcut-to-switch-between/e770a10a-8228-44ae-b180-a4dd2c57a03c
  6. how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Keyboard shortcuts for switching between Japanese input methods not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcuts for switching between Japanese input methods not working: for example CTRL + Capslock and Alt + Capslock to switch between Romaji and Kana input modes, these cant seem to work, have had this issue back with Windows 10 and it still persists with Windows 11 doesn't matter if i use the new or old IME...
  8. Keyboard shortcuts for switching between Japanese input methods not working

Keyboard shortcuts for switching between Japanese input methods not working: for example CTRL + Capslock and Alt + Capslock to switch between Romaji and Kana input modes, these cant seem to work, have had this issue back with Windows 10 and it still persists with Windows 11 doesn't matter if i use the new or old IME...
  9. How to change keyboard shortcut to switch between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change keyboard shortcut to switch between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10: Virtual Desktops on Windows 10 are widely used by people to group and decentralize their computer deskwork. The application allows you to run more than one desktop interface on a single computer, for you to be able to manage multiple tasks at the same time on a single...
  10. Keyboard shortcut for switching Virtual Desktops no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard shortcut for switching Virtual Desktops no longer working: Anyone having the same issue, or had the same issue and managed to resolve it? Did a fresh install of windows 10 to declutter my drive and it's still not working. Shortcut was 'ctrl + win + left or right cursor'. I tried different combinations alt/shift etc. None worked....