Windows 10: Switching from windows 10 enterprise edition to windows 10 pro

Discus and support Switching from windows 10 enterprise edition to windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; At one point I had my system as not activated. I searched for a product key and accidentally selected the enterprise key. Now I have an enterprise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alfredlaggner, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Switching from windows 10 enterprise edition to windows 10 pro

At one point I had my system as not activated. I searched for a product key and accidentally selected the enterprise key. Now I have an enterprise edition and I am afraid I will not get the free upgrade by the end of the month!

How can I reverse this without having to go back to windows 7 and start all over?

:)

alfredlaggner, Jul 14, 2015

2. What version of Windows 10 is the free upgrade?

You will be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro as part of the free upgrade offer.

Which edition of Windows 10 will be installed?

When you upgrade, you’ll stay on like-to-like editions of Windows. For example, Windows 7 Home Premium will upgrade to Windows 10 Home.

Windows 72

From Edition
    To Edition

Windows 7 Starter
    Windows 10 Home

Windows 7 Home Basic

Windows 7 Home Premium

Windows 7 Professional
    Windows 10 Pro

Windows 7 Ultimate

Windows 83

From Edition
    To Edition

Windows Phone 8.15
    Windows 10 Mobile

Windows 8.14
    Windows 10 Home

Windows 8.1 Pro
    Windows 10 Pro

Windows 8.1 Pro for Students

“N” and “KN” editions follow the upgrade path of the parent edition (e.g., Windows 7 Professional N upgrades to Windows 10 Pro N).

Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1. Active Software Assurance customers in volume licensing have the benefit to upgrade to Windows 10 enterprise offerings outside of this offer.

The free upgrade does not have the option to switch architectures, so the architecture will remain the same. If you want to switch architectures, you will have to download the Window 10 .ISO file in the appropriate architecture (32 or 64 bit) and do a custom
    install.

How to: Switch from 32 bit versions of Windows to Windows 10
    64 bit

Andre Da Costa, Jul 14, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise

Is it advisable to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise.

Is Windows 10 enterprise edition provide better security features than Pro?

Which Enterprise edition is better ? E3 or E5?

Shibu Varughese, Jul 14, 2015
  4. Switching from windows 10 enterprise edition to windows 10 pro

Don't understand.

alfredlaggner, Jul 14, 2015
  5. You must have Installed Enterprise to begin with, the Home/Pro ISO will not accept Enterprise keys. You have no choice but to reinstall. You can't go from Enterprise to Pro with a key change. And, yes Enterprise is excluded from the free Upgrade offer.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Switching from windows 10 enterprise edition to windows 10 pro

1. Switching from windows 10 enterprise edition to windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - Switching enterprise edition

2. Windows 11 switch automatically for Pro to Enterprise Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 switch automatically for Pro to Enterprise Edition: Hi All,i've a strange problem with only one user in my company. For any laptop with Windows 11 that this user use, after 1 or 2 hours the edition of Windows switch automatically from Pro to Enterprise. In my company we only buy Windows 11 Pro with digital license.Can anyone...
  3. Windows 11 switch automatically for Pro to Enterprise Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 switch automatically for Pro to Enterprise Edition: Hi All,i've a strange problem with only one user in my company. For any laptop with Windows 11 that this user use, after 1 or 2 hours the edition of Windows switch automatically from Pro to Enterprise. In my company we only buy Windows 11 Pro with digital license.Can anyone...
  4. Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro: Hi everyone,I am going through a list where I need to check the windows edition currently installed on a given set of computers. My approach for the same is as follows:If I want to check the edition of Windows a computer is running, I'd basically run Get-ComputerInfo select...
  5. Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro

Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro: Hi everyone,I am going through a list where I need to check the windows edition currently installed on a given set of computers. My approach for the same is as follows:If I want to check the edition of Windows a computer is running, I'd basically run Get-ComputerInfo select...
  6. Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC to Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Enterprise ANY EDITION THAT HELPS!!!

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC to Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Enterprise ANY EDITION THAT HELPS!!!: I have tried everything with upgrading/downgrading this system without performing a clean install LOSING ALL OF MY FILES and nothing works, contacted Microsoft Support, they have YET to get back to meI can't do anything on this PC, maybe I have a cracked copy or something? I...
  8. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC to Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Enterprise ANY EDITION THAT HELPS!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC to Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Enterprise ANY EDITION THAT HELPS!!!: I have tried everything with upgrading/downgrading this system without performing a clean install LOSING ALL OF MY FILES and nothing works, contacted Microsoft Support, they have YET to get back to meI can't do anything on this PC, maybe I have a cracked copy or something? I...
  9. Switch possible from Windows 10 Pro to 10 Home edition?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switch possible from Windows 10 Pro to 10 Home edition?: I need to upgrade or replace my PC, which runs Windows 10 Pro, as it's short of RAM. If I kept my PC, could I downsize from Pro to the Home edition? If I bought a new PC with the Home edition, could I keep my existing MS account or would I need a new licence?...
  10. Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition: Hi everyone! Just recently bought a new pc, problem is, I expected it to come with windows 10 home edition as usual, but it came with an unactivated version of windows 10 pro edition. I tried using the media creation tool but the option for windows 10 home edition didnt...