Windows 10: Switching out laptop hard drive

Discus and support Switching out laptop hard drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am in the process of Switching out laptop hard drive. I bought the laptop running windows 10. What is the process of getting back my OS on the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rickycardoaf, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Switching out laptop hard drive

I am in the process of Switching out laptop hard drive. I bought the laptop running windows 10. What is the process of getting back my OS on the new hard drive?

:)

rickycardoaf, Aug 21, 2018

2. Laptop hard drive upgrade

To replace a hard drive on a laptop is a little more troublesome than a desktop. 1st as most people here suggest you will need some sort of a backup disk just in case. Also be sure when buying the new Hard Disk is compatible with your model. And i would strongly suggest you install a new system and start from scratch because there are far too many problems that can occur when transferring system files.

scoutingwraith, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Switching out laptop hard drive

little cat, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Switching out laptop hard drive

1. Switching out laptop hard drive - Similar Threads - Switching laptop hard

2. Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop: I recently got a used laptop from a friend of mine. The laptop was running Windows 11 but after attempting to reset the computer, it would no longer boot Windows. I then created a flash drive with Windows 11 and attempted to reinstall Windows 11 but received a message stating...
  3. Hard Drive Switching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Switching: Hi All,I'm currently switching hard drives as I am out of space on my Primary Windows C: Drive. So I'm switching to a drive with more space. I have a recovery windows USB drive ready to go and an image back up on another drive as well made on Marcium. The problem I'm having...
  4. Hard Drive Switching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive Switching: Hi All,I'm currently switching hard drives as I am out of space on my Primary Windows C: Drive. So I'm switching to a drive with more space. I have a recovery windows USB drive ready to go and an image back up on another drive as well made on Marcium. The problem I'm having...
  5. Hard Drive Switching

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Switching out hard drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching out hard drives: Is it possible to copy/create a system image of my current windows 10 to a new ssd connected to the motherboard current via sata? Or would I have to remove it and get a sata to usb cable to do this? submitted by /u/wesdon187 [link] [comments]...
  7. Switching hard drives via recovery usb?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching hard drives via recovery usb?: Hello. Windows 10 here. Amatuer PC knowledge switched to PC after decade w/mac. Bought new PC from custom build company. Received Unmountable Boot Volume error after forced shutdown. The PC gets stuck in loop of restart, volume boot error. I've tried every troubleshooting...
  8. Essue of Hard drive replcement with old laptop's hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Essue of Hard drive replcement with old laptop's hard drive: I have replced my laptop's hard drive with the hard drive of my old laptope. I tried to reinstall window from a dvd but my laptope show error that.. "you are using a already runing hard drive so window can not be install and i may not work on this pc.. Please insert back...
  9. Running out of hard drive space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running out of hard drive space: I have to delete 7GB from my computer to allow windows updates. Can I delete things from 'Manage optional features' list, eg English GB handwriting, English GB optical character recognition, typing, etc, Microsoft Quick assist, OpenSSH client, and XPS viewer? Thanks in...
  10. Running out of Hard Drive space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running out of Hard Drive space: I have a HP Stream 11 laptop I bought from Walmart, it came with Windows 8.1 and I went through the charade of upgrading from 8.1 to 10 so it would validate they key and then I immediately did a clean install. Sadly with this laptop, it only has a 32 GB eMMC drive...