Windows 10: Switching to 1080p makes all the colors distorted, windows 10

Discus and support Switching to 1080p makes all the colors distorted, windows 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi there Check cables and also if there are any hardware settings on the monitor as well sometimes some hardware settings aren't adjustable from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Ageeb, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Ageeb Win User

Switching to 1080p makes all the colors distorted, windows 10

I second the cable suggestion. Or possibly monitor. Your screen grab came through perfect so I believe the issue would be after the video card.

Ageeb, Apr 5, 2018

2. Switching to 1080p makes all the colors distorted, windows 10 [​IMG]

When I go from 1024x768, The recommended resolution, to 1920x1080 it looks like the picture, it's all grainy and messed up. I reinstalled drivers for the 1060 and nothing changed. It does this when I go from the Nvidia control panel too. It never did this on windows 7.

The picture doesn't do it much justice though...

:)

MiniMoomaw, Apr 6, 2018
  3. Annoying display color correction

Hello,

I use Windows 10, and I noticed that since today, Windows adjusts (or should I say distorts) the colors depending on what's on screen. If there is a lot of white, all the colors are displayed correctly and the screen is at full brightness. But when I switch
    to something dark, for instance, VS17 in dark UI mode, the screen gets dimmer and the colors get distorted, almost as if Windows is putting a color washout filter on top of the screen. I have found nothing about where this problem might come from since I have
    not enabled any color correction and my brightness is always 100% (even when the described scenario happens, it still shows 100% brightness), and adaptive brightness is turned off.

I have found nothing that can help me disable this. Also, I can't record the event, any screenshot shows the original colors before the distortions.

Please help me, Anthony

AnthonySpendlove, Apr 6, 2018
  4. Switching to 1080p makes all the colors distorted, windows 10

HDMI Issues

I have a 32 inch Samsung 1080p TV that i have connected to my laptop in the past, its a lenovo y720 with a gtx 1060. Most recently i have tried using the same hdmi cord and ports to make the connection but the picture comes out entirely distorted, programs
    will not run in full screen and my computer will not run games at 60 fps. i have tried scaling and different resolutions but they make my desktop looked stretched or bring back the color distortion. How can i fix it so that my laptop will connect to my hdtv
    while maintaining resolution and computer performance? also so that my games will run in full screen.

AmirVipond, Apr 6, 2018
  5. Hi and Welcome to TenForums!

How did you go about reinstalling the GTX 1060 drivers?

What is the make and model number of your monitor?

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 6, 2018
  6. Let's start by taking screenshots of Device Manager for Display and Display Adapters expanded.

How do you connect to the display? D-SUB, DVI, HDMI, DP?

slicendice, Apr 6, 2018
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Check cables and also if there are any hardware settings on the monitor as well sometimes some hardware settings aren't adjustable from within windows -- on some TV type monitors you have to use the remote or buttons on the device. Also if there's an "auto fit" or "auto re-size" feature --that can help too. HDMI cables can be pick as well if you are outputting via HDMI.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 6, 2018
Thema:

Switching to 1080p makes all the colors distorted, windows 10

1. Switching to 1080p makes all the colors distorted, windows 10 - Similar Threads - Switching 1080p makes

2. BSOD with distorted colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with distorted colors: I was just playing a game when a BSOD screen appeared. The code was MEMORY MANAGEMENT. But what made me confused was that instead of the traditional blue background, it seemed to be in a purple colored background instead, while the QR code became yellowish instead of white. I...
  3. BSOD with distorted colors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with distorted colors: I was just playing a game when a BSOD screen appeared. The code was MEMORY MANAGEMENT. But what made me confused was that instead of the traditional blue background, it seemed to be in a purple colored background instead, while the QR code became yellowish instead of white. I...
  4. BSOD with distorted colors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Distorted Colors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Distorted Colors: Hi, I am not facing the Distorted Colors problem.An example of distorted colors:Or:Are those things right? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-colors/2e210129-4b17-438a-9e91-895d3c9f547f
  6. Distorted Colors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Distorted Colors: Hi, I am not facing the Distorted Colors problem.An example of distorted colors:Or:Are those things right? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-colors/2e210129-4b17-438a-9e91-895d3c9f547f
  7. Distorted Colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Microphone distorted and making noises in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microphone distorted and making noises in Windows 10: If you are someone who attends a lot of virtual meetings then Microphones not working properly can degrade your experience. Therefore, in this article, we present you with some of the simplest solutions to fix Microphones distorted and making noise in Windows 10. Microphone...
  9. Display Colors Distortion

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Colors Distortion: Good day... Recently my display started to randomly turn into this: 20180617_122006 — Postimage.org Forgive me for posting a link instead of inserting an image, tried that and didn't work... Anyway, do you have any idea what might be the cause for this ? it returns to...
  10. TV switches from 1080p to 1080i

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    TV switches from 1080p to 1080i: I'm using an RCA 55" LED Smart TV on my rig to play games. This was not an issue in windows 7. Going fullscreen on some games causes my display to switch from 1080p to 1080i. It's very annoying. I have been using autohotkey with a force full screen ahk but it doesn't seem...