Windows 10: Switching to a local account

Discus and support Switching to a local account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I switch to a different account it says, "Switch to a local account". Can the account I’m switching to be accessed by anyone in my area?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by neptoons, Aug 15, 2018.

1. neptoons Win User

Switching to a local account

When I switch to a different account it says, "Switch to a local account". Can the account I’m switching to be accessed by anyone in my area?

:)

neptoons, Aug 15, 2018
  2. DarWun Win User

Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

I already identified that I had tried this, and that it did not allow me to switch back to the original Local Account. The Microsoft Account hijacked the User Name of the original Local Account. When I click "Sign in With a Local Account instead" and enter
    the original User Name, Windows 10 won't proceed. The only way to get back to a Local Account is enter a new User Name.

DarWun, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Switching to a local account

Cannot switch to local account

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to create a new Local user account and check if that helps you.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “User Accounts” and click on “Manage another Account”.

• Click on “Add a new user in PC Settings”. Follow the on screen directions to complete the process.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Switching to a local account

1. Switching to a local account - Similar Threads - Switching local account

2. Cant switch to Local Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant switch to Local Account: My laptop is windows edu 11, I got the activation from my school.Yesterday, my laptop infected by malware, so I reset it with clean Instalation, then I have to login with my school or work account.I dont wanna use this account I want to use local / my private account, But I...
  3. Can't switch to local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't switch to local account: I've signed in with a microsoft account and am trying to change my user account password. I don't want to change my microsoft account password so I'm trying to change to local account but the option is missing...
  4. unable to switch to a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to switch to a local account: Hey ,Recently I have update to windows 10 professional and logged in as administrator with a Microsoft account which is connected to my Edu mail . Now i want to switch my Microsoft account without losing any of my data saved as that particular user . For the same purpose i...
  5. unable to switch to a local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to switch to a local account: Hey ,Recently I have update to windows 10 professional and logged in as administrator with a Microsoft account which is connected to my Edu mail . Now i want to switch my Microsoft account without losing any of my data saved as that particular user . For the same purpose i...
  6. unable to switch to a local account

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Switch to a Local Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switch to a Local Account: I am trying to set up a local account after I have a Microsoft account set up. But it appears there is no option to add a local user when I go through the Settings, Your Account section. Why is this?...
  8. Switch to local account or reinstall with local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switch to local account or reinstall with local account: Hello. So i am new to Win 10, and recently did a Windows 10 Home edition test install on a separate harddrive (using Win 7 atm). I installed using the Microsoft account method, as i thought this was the only option. I recently found out that it is possible to install Win 10...
  9. Cannot switch to local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot switch to local account: Hello, I am trying to unlink my other microsoft account from my computer but I cannot find "Switch to a local account". I am very confused because in some forums people say there is a button saying "Switch to a local account" but I cannot find it, is this a glitch or can an...
  10. Cant Switch to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant Switch to local account: Hello so when i first got windows 10 i had a local account and used it as normal then for some reason i added my microsoft account and now everytime i log in i need to use the microsoft account, just now i tried to switch it to the local account and i got this error any...