Windows 10: Switching user accounts / edge glitch

Discus and support Switching user accounts / edge glitch in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Does anyone find that when logging out and switching user accounts that edge then has a tendency not to launch. For example I might be logged in, use... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Scottyboy99, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Switching user accounts / edge glitch

Does anyone find that when logging out and switching user accounts that edge then has a tendency not to launch. For example I might be logged in, use everything such as edge etc. Then I log out, my wife logs in, she tries to launch edge but nothing happens/opens. It's easily fixed by launching task manager and killing the edge process that the failure still opens. Then an attempt to launch edge is fine. But switching around user accounts has a tendency to cause this. Strange behaviour !

i just don't think Windows 10 handles multiple user accounts that great as I also sometimes have issues with native apps on other user accounts when they update

:)

Scottyboy99, Feb 26, 2016
  2. DLP2010 Win User

Save Link/Target AS in Windows 10.

I am using the new Windows Edge. Do you mean switch back to IE and if so is this a glitch in the program? I downloaded Firefox and it work. Would rather use Edge but what's up?

DLP2010, Feb 26, 2016
  3. Prevent Auto sign in to Hotmail in Microsoft Edge

Whenever I click on Hotmail, using as Browser Edge, on the MSN homepage fovorites bar, I get my Hotmail account. What I want to do is switch to my wife's Hotmail account. From time to time I've seen a box that allows switching users, but I can't find that
    now, and logging on to any site about Hotmail, I always end up with my account. How can you switch Hotmail accounts without logging off?

Original title: Switching Hotmail Users

MaxJohnson, Feb 26, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Switching user accounts / edge glitch

What if you 2 reverse role.
    Your wife logs in first > then you.
    Will Edge still has trouble to launch ?

What's my point ?
    I am thinking maybe the problem is your wife's account. Not Edge.

davidhk, Feb 26, 2016
  5. Seems to be the same. Basically whoever logs in first, no issue with edge. It's always the subsequent user if that makes sense. Again it's one of those things that few would notice as I guess there isn't a huge amount that use multiple accounts and fewer still that regularly switch between them during the same boot session. It's not a huge thing as I prefer IE11 or Firefox but it's something I've noticed

it does the same for my son's user account too. I've had to recreate the wife's account before now due to a separate app issue. It's always been the same before and after

Scottyboy99, Feb 26, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    There is a tutorial on reinstall and re-register Edge.
    But I don't think that is the right answer.
    Here is the link to the tutorial, BUT don't use it yet. Keep it for last resort.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html
    There has been words about the Powershell commands which may cause other issues.
    If you can put up with the annoyance for now, let it slide.
    It could be a bug from MS.
    Someone may have an idea how to fix that.

davidhk, Feb 26, 2016
  7. Thanks, may let it go for now as suggested and see if it fixes later. It's relatively minor thing but something is noticed. I agree a re register prob won't help and may cause more issues than it fixes

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Switching user accounts / edge glitch

1. Switching user accounts / edge glitch - Similar Threads - Switching user accounts

2. Switch to new user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch to new user account: Hello, So I recently took over a job for someone and everytime I log into the computer it says their name and is connected to their personal email.How can I change it to mine and the work email with out loosing all the data and work stored on her "desktop". I have seen...
  3. Switch to new user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch to new user account: Hello, So I recently took over a job for someone and everytime I log into the computer it says their name and is connected to their personal email.How can I change it to mine and the work email with out loosing all the data and work stored on her "desktop". I have seen...
  4. How to switch a user account to an administrator account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch a user account to an administrator account?: I made a stupid mistake and make the only account on my laptop into a user instead of an administrator and now I can't switch it back. When I try to do so in the settings it would prompt me to log in as an administrator but because my personal account is the only account on...
  5. How to switch a user account to an administrator account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch a user account to an administrator account?: I made a stupid mistake and make the only account on my laptop into a user instead of an administrator and now I can't switch it back. When I try to do so in the settings it would prompt me to log in as an administrator but because my personal account is the only account on...
  6. User account switch

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account switch: Hello, I have set up a new Microsoft account for my son and added him to my Family account to enable him to use the home PC. Whilst using my laptop to change some of his account details and restrictions, I have somehow assigned his Microsoft account to my laptop user profile....
  7. Switching Account Applied to User

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching Account Applied to User: My dad gave me his laptop, which I had been using for schoolwork and gaming, with all my stuff on his account. Is there a way to change his account to me instead of him? He is marked as a parent in the family of accounts. submitted by /u/Catdaddy0124 [link] [comments]...
  8. Edge doesn't launch after switching user accounts on pc

in Browsers and Email
    Edge doesn't launch after switching user accounts on pc: Anyone notice that edge refuses to launch if you switch user accounts and then log out and go back into your user account? It quite often happens that I'll be logged in using the PC, my wife will then quickly log in. When finished I'll re login into mine where upon clicking...
  9. User accounts switching problem

User accounts switching problem: I have two users on my windows10. One account relates to my outlook while the other is without outlook id, so when i turn on my PC the user account that is without outlook id automatically sign-in's to the PC without poping up the screen which shows both the user names......
  10. My admin account switched to a user account!

My admin account switched to a user account!: My account may have gotten corrupt in the update, Don't know for sure. I do know this, This mess is way above my paygrade...LOL... I really need some help to try to fix this issue. The attachments can explain far better than me trying type what exactly is going on. All I...