Windows 10: Switching users causes domain joined PC freeze to black screen

Discus and support Switching users causes domain joined PC freeze to black screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have HP 450 G6 and I had this problem both on Windows 10 and Windows 11.I deleted 10 and installed 11 as fresh new installation but this problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Giorgi G., Nov 30, 2023.

1. Giorgi G. Win User

Switching users causes domain joined PC freeze to black screen

Hi, I have HP 450 G6 and I had this problem both on Windows 10 and Windows 11.I deleted 10 and installed 11 as fresh new installation but this problem still persists.I have domain joined laptop, sometimes I need to login to other users profile so when I lock my user and try to sign in to others profile, laptop suddenly freezes to black screen. "Ctrl-Alt-Del / Sleep / closing the lid" - nothing works. This terrible problem happens both on Win 10 it was old and on new installation Win 11.I do not have viruses, my laptop is fresh and no problems aside from these Windows bugs, this looks like

:)

Giorgi G., Nov 30, 2023
  2. limbada Win User

Domain Joined Windows 10 - Fast User Switching

Hi

I recently joined my HP Envy Recline 27 k210na which was upgraded to windows 10 to a Windows 2012 R2 Domain. But have an issue.

Once I login with a user account, domain or non domain, I am unable to use the fast user switching. When choosing to switch account, I will be taken to the login screen, and when I select 'Other' to login with another account, it takes me to the existing user's password entry screen.

If I sign out, and select 'Other' to login as a different user, I get the same issue. I have to reboot the machine to be able to login with another user account.

I restored the pc to factory defaults and upgraded again, then rejoined the domain, but the problem is still there.

Please help

limbada, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Kari Win User
    Domain Joined Windows 10 - Fast User Switching

When signing in to a Windows PC which has joined a domain with other than a domain account, you need to use a so called full username (ComputerName\UserProfileName).

Switching users causes domain joined PC freeze to black screen 68641d1485964187t-domain-joined-windows-10-fast-user-switching-2016_03_10_11_55_501.png

In above screenshot example I simply replaced the default domain username with the credentials of a local account using the full username and can now sign in using those credentials.

Clicking the link How do I sign in to another domain shows these instructions:

Switching users causes domain joined PC freeze to black screen 68642d1485964187t-domain-joined-windows-10-fast-user-switching-2016_03_10_12_00_082.png

4. Brink Win User

Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain  

@rseiler,

I just finished clean installing Windows 10 Enterprise build 17093 in a VM using a local account, and it still has the same steps in the tutorial for me.

Is your PC already joined to a domain?

Switching users causes domain joined PC freeze to black screen 176839d1518466088-join-windows-10-pc-domain-domain.jpg

Brink, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

1. Switching users causes domain joined PC freeze to black screen - Similar Threads - Switching users causes

2. Switching users causes domain joined PC freeze to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching users causes domain joined PC freeze to black screen: Hi, I have HP 450 G6 and I had this problem both on Windows 10 and Windows 11.I deleted 10 and installed 11 as fresh new installation but this problem still persists.I have domain joined laptop, sometimes I need to login to other users profile so when I lock my user and try...
  3. domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time: Setting up a new Dell AIO pc as a workgroup pc was working correctly the minute I joined it to the domain currently a 2012R2 domain it wont logon to the domain user account and just sits there saying welcome and never actually logs in.Anyone got any ideas?...
  4. domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time: Setting up a new Dell AIO pc as a workgroup pc was working correctly the minute I joined it to the domain currently a 2012R2 domain it wont logon to the domain user account and just sits there saying welcome and never actually logs in.Anyone got any ideas?...
  5. Joining the pc to domain issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Joining the pc to domain issues: Hi In our company ,when we join the pc to domain then user login with is credentials getting error that search & windows option is not getting and after restart the pc getting error black screen.please let me know solution for this....
  6. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  7. Windows 10 - Join Domain - Domain user logs in and reverts back to the log in screen

Windows 10 - Join Domain - Domain user logs in and reverts back to the log in screen: This has been happening for over a year. Not every installed new PC, just many time. Newer Win10 builds have not corrected it. We have a Dell Optiplex, Win10 installed. We complete the initial set up, patch etc., then join the domain. After joining the doamin, I go to...
  8. Can same PC have domain-joined and non-domain-joined accounts?

Can same PC have domain-joined and non-domain-joined accounts?: Can the same PC have one account set up that's domain-joined (to work), and another personal account that's NOT domain-joined? I'm guessing the answer is more likely no, since domain seems to be a machine-level and not an account-level setting. What I'd like to be able to...
  9. Switching users with & with out domains

Switching users with & with out domains: I use my personal laptop for work at times. My work uses a domian ####.org. I currently am signed into a wrokgroup for my daily use. My question is, is there a way to quickly change from a workgroup to to my works domian so that I can access my work files and printers?...
  10. Domain Joined Windows 10 - Fast User Switching

Domain Joined Windows 10 - Fast User Switching: Hi I recently joined my HP Envy Recline 27 k210na which was upgraded to windows 10 to a Windows 2012 R2 Domain. But have an issue. Once I login with a user account, domain or non domain, I am unable to use the fast user switching. When choosing to switch account, I will...