Windows 10: Synaptics Driver Doesn't Work On Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Synaptics Driver Doesn't Work On Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My HP 450 G1 Laptop touchpad doesn't work after upgrading to Windows 10 Creator 4/2017. I googled and attempted solutions with many times of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hiosdroid, Jun 24, 2017.

1. hiosdroid Win User

Synaptics Driver Doesn't Work On Windows 10 Pro

My HP 450 G1 Laptop touchpad doesn't work after upgrading to Windows 10 Creator 4/2017.

I googled and attempted solutions with many times of uninstall/reinstall driver but it still doesn't work.
    Here is images about Mouse Setting and Device Manager in my laptop:

Synaptics Driver Doesn't Work On Windows 10 Pro [​IMG]

There's no Synaptics tab in mouse settings nor Enable option for Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad in Device Manager.

I tried drivers from both HP site or Synaptics site but it cannot help. Moreover, my touchpad doesn't work in Bios mode.

I'm sure that my touchpad hardware still works well. It backed to work one time when I tried to fix this problem 2 weeks ago (don't remember how I fixed in this time). However it doesn't work in next reboot PC till now.
    Now I just can use USB mouse only.

Please help me in this case, thanks.

:)

hiosdroid, Jun 24, 2017
  2. Tomm 02 Win User

Touchpad's buttons not working

I have installed the driver on Synaptics website, for windows 10. There were two drivers, one said PS/2 so I assumed it was that one as it said on my computer "Synaptics ClickPad V9.1 on PS/2 Port". I can use
    the left click somewhat, but it is very inconsistent and 99 times out of 100 it doesn't work. Also, right click still doesn't work.

Tomm 02, Jun 24, 2017
  3. Two-finger scrolling and right not working with Windows 10

Had the same problem on Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, that's what helped. Removed Synaptics drivers and software, restarted computer, downloaded

older vesion
    of Synaptics drivers (last version did not install due to some error), then went to touchpad settings and pressed "Update drivers" button. Windows downloaded and installed last drivers automatically and now scrolling works as it should.

Giedrius.C, Jun 24, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

One of my HP computers was worked on for a similar synaptics problem by a remote session. All common troubleshooting steps failed: Uninstall, reinstall, softpaq download manger, support assistant, manual install of the sp#, etc. The technician saw Ccleaner on my task bar and asked if he could run the registry cleaner. That failed too. At this time I had forgotten whether it was an in place upgrade or clean install that fixed the problem.

The in place upgrade is relatively easy and is worth a shot.
    1) Create a bootable windows 10 iso: Download Windows 10
    2) Power on the computer.
    3) open files explorer and click on the USB drive
    4) find setup or setup.exe
    5) launch it and go through the custom upgrade repair menu

See this link for text and images: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

zbook, Jun 24, 2017
  5. hiosdroid Win User
    Thanks, I'll try but I reinstalled OS for my laptop already, still got the issue.

hiosdroid, Jun 24, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

Open the HP web site for software and drivers: HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Enter you product or serial number. Then choose the operating system.

View all of the HP approved drivers for your computers configuration and operating system.

Expand Driver-Keyboard, Mouse and input devices.

For the Synaptics drivers click on details:
    record the SP#
    And post any links to view the driver information.
    View the revision history and post a link into the thread.
    What was the factory installed OS that came with your computer?
    View the driver that came with the factory installed version and post a link into the forum.

zbook, Jun 25, 2017
  7. hiosdroid Win User
    Hello zbook,

My Win Version is 1703 (Build 15063.483)

Here is log from 2,3,4

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]
    (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\Windows\system32> dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.15063.0

Image Version: 10.0.15063.0

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\Windows\system32> chkdsk /scan
    The type of the file system is NTFS.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    260096 file records processed.
    File verification completed.
    8047 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    352866 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned.
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    46386 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    38072912 USN bytes processed.
    Usn Journal verification completed.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.

208298758 KB total disk space.
    51319472 KB in 188836 files.
    132848 KB in 46387 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    372702 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    156473736 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    52074689 total allocation units on disk.
    39118434 allocation units available on disk.

C:\Windows\system32>

I also installed the latest Synaptic Driver for my laptop with
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...Id/ob-193164-1

The issue is still the same. Device Manager shows that driver was installed successfully but Mouse Setting without Synaptic Tab.
    Touchpad + Left/Right click doesn't work, just can use USB Mouse.

hiosdroid, Sep 5, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

1) What type of reinstall was done?
    a)reset with save files?
    b) reset with remove files?
    c) restore?
    d) startup repair?
    e) in place upgrade?
    f) clean install deleting partitions, formating the driver, making an unallocated drive

2) Have you updated the bios with the July 19, 2017 firmware?
    3) When you update drivers which of these have you used:
    a) HP softpaq download manager
    b) HP support assistant
    c) manual downloads from the HP website
    d) manual downloads from component manufacturers (AMD, Intel, Nvidia, etc>?)
    e) third party software websites that update drivers?

4) You could try to use an older driver from windows 8.1 or windows 7 and see the results.
    5) In the bios were you able to find any on board HP UEFI diagnostics?
    6) Power on the computer clicking the F2 or F10 keys > UEFI diagnostics > what tests are available?
    7) See if it is possible to download and install this HP software > latest UEFI diagnostics version 6.4
    8) Download and install Speecy and post the results into the thread using a one drive or drop box share link:
    Speccy - System Information - Free Download

9) Backup all of your files to another drive or to the cloud
    10) Use Macrium to create a backup image:
    11) Macrium Software | Your Image is Everything
    12) place the backup image onto another drive or in the cloud
    13) plan a clean install (delete partitions, format drive, make an unallocated drive) and install windows 10 version 1703 using a bootable windows 10 iso
    Download Windows 10
    14) This link has text and images of the clean install method:
    Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    15) Install new drivers only from the HP website using only the HP softpaq download manager
    16) Do not use any 3rd party software drive update sites.
    17) reevaluate the operating system and drivers

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Synaptics Driver Doesn't Work On Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Synaptics Driver Doesn't

2. Synaptics driver error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics driver error: Whenever, I click on the Windows 11 Mouse Icon in Control Panel, a popup box will appear stating -"Unable to connect to the Syaptics Pointing Device Driver" and when I check the "Mice and other pointing device" in Device Manager, there is no listing for the "Synaptics SMbus...
  3. Synaptics driver error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synaptics driver error: Whenever, I click on the Windows 11 Mouse Icon in Control Panel, a popup box will appear stating -"Unable to connect to the Syaptics Pointing Device Driver" and when I check the "Mice and other pointing device" in Device Manager, there is no listing for the "Synaptics SMbus...
  4. Synaptics smbus driver

in Windows 10 Support
    Synaptics smbus driver: I have something called synaptics smbus driver in device manager with a yellow exclamination mark, what's this and where do i get the drivers for it? 174980
  5. Synaptics touchpad driver not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics touchpad driver not working: Hi all, I need help I'm not very good with computers but I can follow instructions very well if anyone can help me. My Touchpad stopped working. I've tried everything that I had Googled... I have an HP Laptop 15-bs1xx I tried to update the drivers in the device manager...
  6. Synaptics/Conexant SmartAudio HD Drivers not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Synaptics/Conexant SmartAudio HD Drivers not working on Windows 10: The audio on my laptop has stopped working. When it first cut out I was working, then it stuttered and since then I haven't been able to hear anything from my laptop. The troubleshooter said that my audio service isn't running, even though everything looks fine when running...
  7. after update synaptics driver not working properly

after update synaptics driver not working properly: after a recent update of windows 10 my touchpad is not working properly.only the pointer is working and scroll down ,three finger gestures and all are not working at all.i have tried reinstalling even new synaptics drivers from device manufacturer but I didn't find any...
  8. Windows 10 Synaptics Driver

Windows 10 Synaptics Driver: I successfully upgraded yesterday from 8.1 and this morning I was looking at the new "desktop switcher." I was looking for an OSX style touchpad gesture to switch between them. I followed the instructions on the second part of Get Mac-Like Scrolling and Gestures on a Windows...
  9. Latest Synaptics Touchpad Driver for Windows 10

Latest Synaptics Touchpad Driver for Windows 10: [img] Latest Synaptics Touchpad Driver for Windows 10 Synaptics Touchpad Driver Download Page [img] Information Version: 19.0.19.1 Date: August 3rd 2015 For Windows 10 PS/2, SMBus, and IC2 Devices Release Notes: System enhancements 18282
  10. Synaptics touchpad drivers not working after upgrading to windows 10.

Synaptics touchpad drivers not working after upgrading to windows 10.: Hi i'm new to the forum. I just got this laptop (Dell Vostro 3558 i3), a few days ago i upgraded to windows 10 using the media creation tool. After the upgrade, the touch pad works but I cannot scroll. I have tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them. When I...