Windows 10: Synaptics 'Show Video' doesn't play video properly

Discus and support Synaptics 'Show Video' doesn't play video properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I was just looking at the Synaptics features in looking at a poster's issue, when I found that 'Show Video' opens a window as if to play it but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dalchina, Apr 2, 2016.

1. dalchina New Member

Synaptics 'Show Video' doesn't play video properly

Hi, I was just looking at the Synaptics features in looking at a poster's issue, when I found that 'Show Video' opens a window as if to play it but only blinks 'Opening media'.

Now the videos are wmv's and mpg's and play correctly in my default player if I open them from their folder explicitly.

The player window opened by Synaptics is not my default player. It is something run by rundll32.exe.

Synaptics 'Show Video' doesn't play video properly [​IMG]

I haven't tried reinstalling the Synaptics driver - yet.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

:)

dalchina, Apr 2, 2016

2. Videos are not playing properly online

I didn't make any changes to my windows 10 system prior to the issue. I can't play videos. When I open or try to play a video stored locally or videos online or even a u tube video, it doesn't respond or play. The videos stand like picture. But the videos
    are playing properly after downloading with IDM.

steephanputhoor, Apr 2, 2016
  3. Can't play musics and videos on Windows 10

I'm using Windows 10, whenever i try to play a music or video using Windows programs (Windows Media Player, Groove, Movies & TV) it doesn't play properly, it doesn't give any error, the music or video starts but it stays stuck making a weird noise (noise
    like when a blue screen appears), but if i use other programs to play musics and videos it plays properly, it doesn't give me any problem, can anyone help me solve this problem?

Esmail Sidat, Apr 2, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

So I wonder if anyone can confirm that these videos work for them in Win 10 x64 please?

I've tried uninstalling, redownloading from manufacturer's site, reinstalling.

SGS Version: SGS 15.3
    TouchPad Series 3.0 - Imaging Sensor
    Driver Version: 19.0.24.1 08Sep15
    Firmware Version: 1.2
    Scrybe Version: Not installed
    Interface: SMB
    Windows Version: Win10

Thanks!

dalchina, Apr 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Synaptics 'Show Video' doesn't play video properly - Similar Threads - Synaptics 'Show Video'

2. Videos not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos not playing: Hello folks,Last week videos would not play online. Didn't matter which browser.I could open the video and it would show the content, load it, etc. But it would not play.I updated everything audio, windows 10, video driver, etcNothing helped. I switched to the default audio...
  3. Videos not playing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos not playing: Hello folks,Last week videos would not play online. Didn't matter which browser.I could open the video and it would show the content, load it, etc. But it would not play.I updated everything audio, windows 10, video driver, etcNothing helped. I switched to the default audio...
  4. Videos not playing properly

Videos not playing properly: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 310. Whenever I play a video on an installed application, like VLC Media Player, or even Windows Movies & TV, the video either stops playing, or restarts, or jumps forward automatically this in case of Movies & TV app.Whenever I stream anything on Edge...
  5. play video

play video: video plays for 2 minutes when says hour play error OxcOOd3a9a cant play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-video/18b66a8b-579a-4900-8df1-955033124170
  6. Video's will not play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video's will not play: Hello, My laptop (acer) is only 4 years old and it suddenly won't play my videos - I downloaded video's that I originally filmed on my phone and they have played on my laptop in the past but now it suddenly won't. My Windows Media Player suddenly won't play them. Also my...
  7. Video’s not playing properly

Video’s not playing properly: Hello the video’s on my hard drive only play super zoomed in and without colour but the sound is fine. I can get you tube to work on Chrome but again in Microsoft edge they still play super zoomed in and with no colour. This Happened awhile ago but now I need to use some of...
  8. After an update videos don't play properly

After an update videos don't play properly: I have a windows 10. After the most recent AMD update (I now have the AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics card) videos look really magnified and washed out. I've seen this happen before and I was able to solve it by rolling back the driver to an older version. However, it seems...
  9. Microsoft Photos doesn't play Video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos doesn't play Video: Videos created out of Microsoft photos app in Windows 10 doesn't play after finish. It just pops up a black window for a fraction of second when I click on play option and vanish. The app also get close automatically after that. Please help...
  10. Videos will not play

in Windows 10 Support
    Videos will not play: Worked fine yesterday and now today any browser that tries to load a video freezes. Any video I try to start with media player or VLC just starts to load up and stops, nothing happens. Have been searching for fixes, Cleared internet history cache, checked in control panel...