Windows 10: Synaptics Touchpad Settings Disabled at Windows Startup/Reboot/LogOut

Discus and support Synaptics Touchpad Settings Disabled at Windows Startup/Reboot/LogOut in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having problem with Synaptics Touchpad Driver in Windows 10 OS Build 10586.494. My Touchpad is a PS/2 Port Synaptics TouchPad. Driver version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hamza, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Hamza Win User

Synaptics Touchpad Settings Disabled at Windows Startup/Reboot/LogOut

I am having problem with Synaptics Touchpad Driver in Windows 10 OS Build 10586.494.

My Touchpad is a PS/2 Port Synaptics TouchPad.
    Driver version is 19.0.12.0 which is a compatible driver provide by HP for this OS.
    My Laptop Model is HP Probook 4540s

I tried to reinstall the driver and also upgrade it to 19.0.19.1 but the problem is same. Usually when the Touchpad is off the orange light needs to remain on but it turned of after some seconds or a few minutes, after that Touchpad refuses to turn on by double tapping on disabling area. I need to restart the system to get the Synaptics TouchPad settings in notification area. Sometime one Reboot is not enough to get back these settings.

This problem starts after i upgrade from Windows 10 OS Build 1024 to Windows 10 OS build 10586.....
    Please help me to resolve this issue.

:)

Hamza, Aug 6, 2016

2. Advance Touch not working after upgrading to windows 10 version 1607

Hi,

To help you resolve your concern regarding Advance Touch not working after updating to windows 10 version 1607, please check out the helpful post of thecaptainzap in this link:

Touchpad Not Working after Windows 10 Update.

For additional troubleshooting you may also refer to the post of James Yerkes in this link:

Windows 10, Synaptics touchpad settings lost on logout/reboot.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 6, 2016
  3. Cortana uncommanded popups

Lenovo Y700 17IAK with Synaptics Touchpad, driver 19.3.1038 ELAN 11.4.92.1 ALPS 8.201. 1611. 252

Two finger swipe or three finger swipe or palm and finger on touchpad activates Cortana, all Cortana switches off, all Synaptics switches to activate Cortana off, driver deleted and reloaded twice, driver deleted and reloaded by Lenovo tech support
    in remote access session with same results.

Turning off Synaptics touchpad in startup corrects device, but disables advance touchpad functions and adjustments. After reboot or adjustment of any touchpad settings Cortana problem returns.

Lenovo Tech support deleted Synaptics driver and disabled auto update on drivers with Windows PC Mouse base driver in use with no Touch Pad functions. Driver is the only and latest driver that Lenovo has on web site or tech support.

Has anyone else had or still having this Cortana issue?

I have exhausted both Windows 10 and Lenovo tech supports and Lenovo points at Windows 10, who points back to Synaptics driver who points to Lenovo or Windows 10.

Bob Engineer, Aug 6, 2016
Thema:

Synaptics Touchpad Settings Disabled at Windows Startup/Reboot/LogOut

1. Synaptics Touchpad Settings Disabled at Windows Startup/Reboot/LogOut - Similar Threads - Synaptics Touchpad Settings

2. Synaptics Touchpad Settings Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics Touchpad Settings Not Working: So i have Windows 8.1 on my laptop, and for some reasons im trying to change my touchpad settings by going to Control Panel --> Mouse settings and there at the last tab where it shows device settings i go to that tab and then i click on settings, it opens for a second then...
  3. Synaptics Touchpad Settings Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synaptics Touchpad Settings Not Working: So i have Windows 8.1 on my laptop, and for some reasons im trying to change my touchpad settings by going to Control Panel --> Mouse settings and there at the last tab where it shows device settings i go to that tab and then i click on settings, it opens for a second then...
  4. Cannot Disable Synaptics touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Disable Synaptics touchpad: First, I have reviewed all the relevant threads and followed all suggestions. HP laptop running Windows 10 Pro Ver 1909. There is no "Clickpad" or "Touchpad" button under my mouse settings. There is no checkbox to "Leave touchpad on when external mouse connected." I have even...
  5. Disable Synaptics Touchpad

Disable Synaptics Touchpad: I have an HP Envy laptop running Windows 10. I use a mouse and hate the touchpad, but I cannot figure out how to disable it. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-synaptics-touchpad/d0e33c97-4c3e-4799-befa-f0a907cfc930
  6. Synaptics touchpad settings goes to default in reboot/shut down

Synaptics touchpad settings goes to default in reboot/shut down: Using windows 10, each time my PC sleeps or reboots touchpad settings are reset. A quick search reveals this has been an issue for the start and despite many requests and complaints I can find no permanent fix. Has anyone discovered how to ensure that once I set my...
  7. Synaptics Precision Touchpad settings are not working

Synaptics Precision Touchpad settings are not working: Hey, all. I just got a new HP Laptop which came with a Synaptics touchpad. When I went into the touchpad settings to disable 'tap to click' and to switch the two finger scrolling to be "down motion scrolls down", I found that the touchpad settings were minimal and didn't...
  8. Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Synaptics Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Synaptics Touchpad: I am unable to disable Touchpad Tapping on my new MSI GP63 Windows 10 laptop. I've found a previous post about this question with the following instructions: Go to Settings. Click on Personalization, then Themes. Select Mouse pointer settings. Then, click on the last tab...
  9. Synaptics touchpad

Synaptics touchpad: I would like to mention that upgrading to Windows 10 on 2 HP laptops. On the one that is older which had the synaptics driver 15.3.29.0 the tapping worked fine, on the newer unit the driver was current with version 19. something. With attempting to adjust the synaptics using...
  10. Synaptics touchpad windows 10 wont disable

Synaptics touchpad windows 10 wont disable: i understand i have asked this before, but my touchpad still refuses to disable. i have tried 5 different versions of the synaptics driver, and i believe im currently running on the best version (according to my laptop). if i go to control pannel and disable it from there its...