Windows 10: Sync a folder not in Documents to One Drive

Discus and support Sync a folder not in Documents to One Drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a folder not in my user/documents folder that I would like to sync to One Drive. So far, I've not been able to figure out how to do that.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Jul 18, 2017.

1. JJG10 Win User

Sync a folder not in Documents to One Drive

I have a folder not in my user/documents folder that I would like to sync to One Drive. So far, I've not been able to figure out how to do that. Actually the folder is not on the C: drive but on D:.

I really need some help.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Jul 18, 2017
  2. BatyaLevy Win User

Duplicate Documents Folders

There appears to be 2 or 3 "documents" folders on my computer:

1. Libraries

2. This PC

3. One Drive

The 'documents' folders in "This PC" and "One Drive" seem to be the same thing. However, the 'documents' folder in "libraries" appears to have entirely different files. Also, I tried to tell my computer to only save my documents to "This PC", and yet all
    of the documents in "This PC" are still constantly syncing with "one drive". Whereas, the 'documents' folder in "libraries" does not sync to onedrive. Why is this happening?

BatyaLevy, Jul 18, 2017
  3. windows 10 Surface Book

The documents folder under My PC is generally default unless you've signed into Windows with a Microsoft account and signed into One Drive. If so, the One Drive documents folder will then become default. It will sync and save any documents previously in
    the My PC documents folder, then everything from there on will be saved in the One Drive documents folder. As for the documents under Users, there are 2. Public documents, which is what it sounds like and should not be used unless you wish to share the documents
    with other users on your PC, and the user documents folder, which is just another way to access the My PC documents.

AmberRiley, Jul 18, 2017
Thema:

Sync a folder not in Documents to One Drive

1. Sync a folder not in Documents to One Drive - Similar Threads - Sync folder Documents

2. how to sync other drive folders to one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to sync other drive folders to one drive: How to sync other drives folders to one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sync-other-drive-folders-to-one-drive/3d085043-2a6c-4bb5-bdf7-f5708f6344e4
  3. how to sync other drive folders to one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to sync other drive folders to one drive: How to sync other drives folders to one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sync-other-drive-folders-to-one-drive/3d085043-2a6c-4bb5-bdf7-f5708f6344e4
  4. One Drive folder sync question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive folder sync question: Hi there,I am working on a Windows desktop with One Drive installed. I use it to move stuff between my desktop and my laptop which I use infrequently. However, the two devices have different folder architecture. So my question:On my desktop, I have a virtual drive D:, on...
  5. One Drive folder sync question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive folder sync question: Hi there,I am working on a Windows desktop with One Drive installed. I use it to move stuff between my desktop and my laptop which I use infrequently. However, the two devices have different folder architecture. So my question:On my desktop, I have a virtual drive D:, on...
  6. One Drive folder sync question

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically: I enabled onedrive in my pc windows, as it waqs disabled for some time. Some minutes later onedrive started to sync automatically the folders describes above! And worse, it seems that that is no straightforward way to disable this.Total nonsense. They don't even know if I...
  8. One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically: I enabled onedrive in my pc windows, as it waqs disabled for some time. Some minutes later onedrive started to sync automatically the folders describes above! And worse, it seems that that is no straightforward way to disable this.Total nonsense. They don't even know if I...
  9. One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. One Drive Sync Folders.

in Windows 10 Support
    One Drive Sync Folders.: I noticed in quick access that one drive has folders in documents & pictures folder, but not in video and music folders. In one drive folder I do have pictures and videos in those folders. So why are they not synced in quick access. Henry [img] 72640