Windows 10: Sync Contacts

Discus and support Sync Contacts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The way I have my android phone contacts currently set up, it becomes an unmanageable mess. If I allow my phone contacts to sync with Gmail, I can end... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by kitpzyxmsir, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Sync Contacts

The way I have my android phone contacts currently set up, it becomes an unmanageable mess. If I allow my phone contacts to sync with Gmail, I can end up with duplicates (quadruplicates, actually) of the same contacts, multiple phone numbers on the same line, phone numbers and notes/addresses on the same line, etc. I'm sure there a those of you out there that can relate to this.

It renders the phone list practically useless, particularly to voice calling, etc.

I don't want email address contacts in my phone list. Can I isolate a phone contact list group in Gmail, and only have that list sync with my android phone contacts?

The reason is twofold. On my computer I also maintain the "local" Contacts folder (not the "People" list) as a mirror image of my phone contacts. In order to keep the phone list and computer lists in sync, I can export the computer contacts to a .vcf file, and easily and quickly directly import the list into my phone contacts.

The obstacle with this method is that going in the other direction (phone to computer) is too inconvenient to consider if you have 400+ contacts. If I export from my phone .vcf file to the computer, when I try to import it to my computer list, It becomes a folder with individual contacts, only allowing me import "one" contact at a time.

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Jun 13, 2017

2. OVI automatic sync not working E72

Hey Mic2005,

Disable contacts from your autosync. You can sync ur contacts later either by sycn contacts or sync all. If you want to do a manual sync, dont start contact sync or sync all initially. Do a individual sync of either message, photos or music, later you can
    go for contact or a full sync.

Regards

GadgetFreak---01, Jun 13, 2017
  3. How to sync Asha 311 to gmail contacts?

I tried to sync Ash 311 with my gmail contacts two different ways with identical results.

The software looks like it is busy syncing contacts, but when I check a contact I recently edited in gmail contacts, Asha 311 still displays the old phone number.

This is the first way I performed the update:

Main menu > Settings > sync and backup > sync with server > sync settings

> synchronized data > contacts

> sync settings: Google sync

> automatic sync: off

> rules for incoming: Confirm first

Main menu > Settings > sync and backup > sync with server > sync now

This is the second way I performed the update:

Nokia Suite > Sync > Sync Now > Contacts ... Your contacts are now in sync

How to sync Asha 311 to gmail contacts?

wolfv---01, Jun 13, 2017
  4. Sync Contacts

Hi kitpzyxmsir

Some of these processes don't consider an import as a Sync, they treat as a new record and can or cannot combine them. On my wife's S3 she was getting contacts from several sources and they were all combined although they did indicate where they were coming from.

First I'm not sure what Android version you are running but most have settings to decide what contacts to show, that is they can show the local phone contacts, contacts from this email account or that email account. It could also be set to show all and in some cases it merges. Sounds like that is what you are seeing.

In the upper right corner there is an icon, if you tap it should lead you towards this ability to select which contacts you want to show. I worked on one and there were three bars in upper left. Any way you want to to get to a point where you can select what contacts to show, I think. (I followed your other thread and your set up is very specific.)

In terms of gmail I would log into my account and head to contacts. This should immediate start the Duplicate process allowing you to decide how you want them handled. If you imported to gmail more than once I found weirdness can occur. I use gmail as my backup contacts, mine are synced through outlook.com. So before I import into gmail I delete all contacts and then import them from my export created from outlook.

Finally there is no reason that I'm aware of that you can't open a new gmail account and use it strictly for your address book with only phone numbers. Then link to phone and set the appropriate display options in Contacts, Calendars, etc.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 16, 2017
  5. Hi Ken, thanks for responding and confirming a few things for me.
    I wish I had talked to you a long time ago.

When I went into my gmail contacts, I had about 10 differently dated imported "groups" that I had no Idea where they came from and were responsible for mess there (the "My Contacts" group list had almost 800 contacts, when there should have only been around 400) as well as in my phone (Galaxy s6)
    contacts.

I paid the price for failing to learn at least the fundamentals of managing gmail/yahoo contacts until now. I had to manually edit that awful mess. Merging duplicates doesn't help much.

That's the way I will approach it, since you can set up your phone to single out which gmail account will sync contacts on the phone.

My main obstacle was finding a way to coordinate/sync my local computer contact list and my phone contact list. You can't export the android list and directly import it into the computer list. Now I can do it easily by utilizing gmail as a middleman to create a backup of my android phone list that is compatible for importing into my local contacts.

kitpzyxmsir, Jun 17, 2017
  6. I'm glad the forum could be of assistance. Take care.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sync Contacts

1. Sync Contacts - Similar Threads - Sync Contacts

2. I can’t get my contacts from outlook to sync to my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t get my contacts from outlook to sync to my pc: I keep getting a pop-up on my pc that says my calendar and contacts are not set up. The pop-up is constantly coming up and it prevents me from getting anything done. It is an entire screen that says, Icloud photos>on; Icloud drive>on; passwords and keychain>on; bookmarks>on;...
  3. I can’t get my contacts from outlook to sync to my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t get my contacts from outlook to sync to my pc: I keep getting a pop-up on my pc that says my calendar and contacts are not set up. The pop-up is constantly coming up and it prevents me from getting anything done. It is an entire screen that says, Icloud photos>on; Icloud drive>on; passwords and keychain>on; bookmarks>on;...
  4. I have my calendar, tasks and contacts all say this computer only - need to sync with phone.

I have my calendar, tasks and contacts all say this computer only - need to sync with phone.: I have my calendar, tasks and contacts all say this computer only - how do I have it sync with my iphone automatically? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-my-calendar-tasks-and-contacts-all-say-this/603633eb-f90d-4928-b856-97045ed60177
  5. I have my calendar, tasks and contacts all say this computer only - need to sync with phone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have my calendar, tasks and contacts all say this computer only - need to sync with phone.: I have my calendar, tasks and contacts all say this computer only - how do I have it sync with my iphone automatically? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-my-calendar-tasks-and-contacts-all-say-this/603633eb-f90d-4928-b856-97045ed60177
  6. I cannot get Outlook 365 to accept contacts from Windows 10 or sync with web 365 Outlook,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get Outlook 365 to accept contacts from Windows 10 or sync with web 365 Outlook,...: Have tried every method I know to get contacts from Window 10 365 Outlook into window 11 Outlook 365. Refuses to load the data . Looked at the web version and it has all my contacts? Cant sync either?...
  7. I cannot get Outlook 365 to accept contacts from Windows 10 or sync with web 365 Outlook,...

I cannot get Outlook 365 to accept contacts from Windows 10 or sync with web 365 Outlook,...: Have tried every method I know to get contacts from Window 10 365 Outlook into window 11 Outlook 365. Refuses to load the data . Looked at the web version and it has all my contacts? Cant sync either?...
  8. What is the way to copy, or sync, contacts from my A12 to my Lenovo Win11 laptop? I do not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the way to copy, or sync, contacts from my A12 to my Lenovo Win11 laptop? I do not...: The Lenovo operates on Windows 11 Home. After a second new mainboard, I am having some issues. Right now, I cannot find proper instructions for synching, or just copying , Contacts from the Samsund Android A12 to the laptop. I use Google gmail, not Outlook. Not certain what...
  9. What is the way to copy, or sync, contacts from my A12 to my Lenovo Win11 laptop? I do not...

What is the way to copy, or sync, contacts from my A12 to my Lenovo Win11 laptop? I do not...: The Lenovo operates on Windows 11 Home. After a second new mainboard, I am having some issues. Right now, I cannot find proper instructions for synching, or just copying , Contacts from the Samsund Android A12 to the laptop. I use Google gmail, not Outlook. Not certain what...
  10. contact support for sync issues

contact support for sync issues: contact support for sync issues https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-support-for-sync-issues/52959880-ea7c-495e-b875-74476fd728d1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all my contact list dont sync

2. keep contacts in sync android and windows