Windows 10: Sync email accounts

Discus and support Sync email accounts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Can I sync my Windows Live email account on my desktop, Windows 7, with the same account on my laptop, Windows 10? Right now I receive the same... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Jorie10, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Jorie10 Win User

Sync email accounts

Can I sync my Windows Live email account on my desktop, Windows 7, with the same account on my laptop, Windows 10? Right now I receive the same messages on both computers.
    However, unless I remember to add my own eddress to messages I send (i.e. replies), that reply only shows on the computer I am using.
    When I delete messages on one computer, they remain in the inbox of the other.
    Is there any way to sync all account functions on both computers?

:)

Jorie10, Jun 28, 2016
  2. ugura Win User

No option to sync Email manually on 720

There's no manual sync option for the main Microsoft account, but you can disable email sync completely. To disable, go to
    Settings->email+accounts tap on the main Microsoft account and disable the checkbox under
    Content to sync setting. This will delete the mailbox for that account and stop email sync.

Once you disable the email sync for the main account, you can add the same account (Settings->email+accounts->add an account) and this second account will have the manual sync option in sync settings. Also, this second account
    will have email, contacts, calendar and other possible sync options in Content to sync setting, you may wish to disable unused ones

ugura, Jun 28, 2016
  3. garym123 Win User
    Making a copy of the contacts entered in the People app of my Lumia 650 on OneDrive

The phone has to sync to your online account. Your sync settings are in the email settings

When email syncs the contacts and calendar sync.

Go to your email tile and sync your account, at the bottom, more ... , sync

garym123, Jun 28, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

Sync email accounts

Use imap instead of pop as the incoming server for the account on both devices.

Bastet, Jun 28, 2016
  5. Jorie10 Win User
    Thank you for this advice Doctor9fan. I'm sorry I just saw it now. What are the downsides to using IMAP instead of POP? And I should have been clear that my desktop is Windows 7 while my laptop is W 10. Does that make any difference? If I understand (and I probably don't) the IMAP system is browser-based? (As you can tell, I'm not very computer-system- competent.

Jorie10, Jul 13, 2016
  6. Bastet Win User
    The differences are that with imap anything you do on one device is reflected on the others, so say if you delete an email it'll be deleted from your other devices when they sync to the account, you can write an email, save it to draft & pick it up on another device, with pop emails would download to the first device which accessed the account & may not download to the other devices.
    Imap is more modern way to access emails, pop is now seen as old fashioned but I know many still use & prefer it.
    No it doesn't matter what OS you use, I have the same email accounts set up on my Win 10 laptop, my iPad & my Android.

Bastet, Jul 13, 2016
  7. Jorie10 Win User
    Helpful explanation. I'll have to figure out how I can make the change. I'm grateful for your prompt, clear advice. Terrific!*Biggrin

Jorie10, Jul 13, 2016
  8. Bastet Win User

Sync email accounts

You'll have to recreate the account on each device, just changing the pop server settings to imap doesn't work. *Smile

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sync email accounts

1. Sync email accounts - Similar Threads - Sync email accounts

2. emails not sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    emails not sync: My personal emails no updating, * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-not-sync/5362d686-23af-4477-a9e7-b2ded71e4517
  3. emails not sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    emails not sync: My personal emails no updating, * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-not-sync/5362d686-23af-4477-a9e7-b2ded71e4517
  4. Syncing email

Syncing email: My Yahoo email account wont sync on my Surface tablet. When I try to fix now, it comes up with Error code 0x8019019a How can I sort this? Have already updated Windows 10 latest version, so its not that....
  5. Emails not syncing

Emails not syncing: Hi Im on BT internet but it says I can't access my emails until updated, i have done this but emails will still not show from email icon, i press start and envelope icon, emails will still not refresh. I have spoken to BT they said HP need to update Client, HP said microsoft...
  6. Sync emails.

Sync emails.: Hi Iam getting the following error message: Error message 0x80004001 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-emails/e71c0449-d8dc-4308-b578-2fd019cb35d3
  7. Windows 10 email account settings and sync

Windows 10 email account settings and sync: I have a problem with the set up of a new computer with windows 10. Please note i have two seperate e mail accounts on the computer. One is through a Private domain which works fine and the other is a gmail account with a company domain managed by the company i work for. I...
  8. Syncing email

Syncing email: I was trying to sync the email to window10 mail app on computer. It successfully logged in with the account but could not sync any information with error code of 0x800700657. I deleted the account and re-setup the account, but still didn't work. Moved from:...
  9. Email syncing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email syncing: I have two email accounts (Bell email and Gmail) and am able to sync email on both from my home WiFi Bell network. However, when on a different network I am not able to sync emails. I am running Windows 10 email app. I tried to cancel firewalls to no avail. What am I missing?...
  10. request to sync deleted email account

in Windows 10 Customization
    request to sync deleted email account: Please stop sending me emails regarding syncing an email account that has been deleted. It is SO ANNOYING!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/request-to-sync-deleted-email-account/9e93259e-4672-41ed-b37a-ff06a4ddc110