Windows 10: Sync favorites between PCs using the same Windows login?

Discus and support Sync favorites between PCs using the same Windows login? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I first moved to Windows 10 my Phone and PC (Both using the latest stable build) used to sync their internet favorites. I have no idea how I set... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by PerfectBlue, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Sync favorites between PCs using the same Windows login?

When I first moved to Windows 10 my Phone and PC (Both using the latest stable build) used to sync their internet favorites. I have no idea how I set this up, I think that it was just done automatically by Windows because I logged on to both using the same outlook.Com email address as my user account.

I had to do a factory reset on my phone, and this feature seems to have been broken.

Could somebody please walk me through the steps required to set it up again?

As I didn't set this up manually the first time, I literally have no idea what needs doing.

Both the phone and the PC are using the latest stable build (Not insider), and are being logged on using the same Windows account.

:)

PerfectBlue, Jul 7, 2017
  2. sba923 Win User
    sba923, Jul 7, 2017
  3. Sync settings not working build 15063.13 creators update

Hi,

I have found a temporary solution to, at least, sync Edge favorites.

A new GPO exist to keep favorites in sync between Edge and Internet Explorer.

Moving the Favorites folder to OneDrive then allow the sync between multiple PC. Still, they must all use the new Creators Update version and Indon't know if the sync (IE and Edge) exist in the "home" edition.

Jean-Philippe Laguë, Jul 7, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Sync favorites between PCs using the same Windows login?

The Tutorial section here includes the following which may help, depending on which browser you are using of course.

Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10 Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Sync Settings for Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Sync Favorites and Reading List in Microsoft Edge Windows 10 Browsers Email Tutorials

Feel free to search for more here:
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index Windows 10 Tutorials

(Use the search box in your browser to search the list - e.g. F3 or CTRL F)

dalchina, Jul 8, 2017
  5. I've gone through the tutorials as suggested, and pretty much everything was already set up as it is in the tutorials.

As the problem first started after I did a full wipe and restore to factory default on my Lumia 640, I think that whatever I need to do probably need doing on the handset rather than on the PC.

It's a basic Microsoft branded Lumia 640, with vanilla Windows Phone 10. I have kept it at the latest stable consumer build, rather than using the insider preview. All of the apps are at the latest version. I'm just using the default Microsoft browser at the latest version. Totally Vanilla, no plugins or mods.

I don't know how I got them to sync originally, I just registered my phone using the same account as I use on my PC and I think that Windows set the syncing up itself.

PerfectBlue, Jul 8, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sync favorites between PCs using the same Windows login?

1. Sync favorites between PCs using the same Windows login? - Similar Threads - Sync favorites between

2. Two PCs, same login, both PCs as admins.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two PCs, same login, both PCs as admins.: Hi, Very simple question I have a PC which is a 3 year old PC as a “hand me down” scenario. The old account from the previous user who is a family member is still on the computer and did not remove it before giving it to me. I don’t use this one as I use my own. When using...
  3. Two PCs, same login, both PCs as admins.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two PCs, same login, both PCs as admins.: Hi, Very simple question I have a PC which is a 3 year old PC as a “hand me down” scenario. The old account from the previous user who is a family member is still on the computer and did not remove it before giving it to me. I don’t use this one as I use my own. When using...
  4. 2 PCs. Edge synced Favorites without permission. How to undo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 PCs. Edge synced Favorites without permission. How to undo?: Two Windows 10 PCs.Both PCs are set to Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows.Most, if not all, of my user files on one of the PCs I have purposefully synced to OneDrive. This PC can be considered nearly single-purpose, and the Edge Favorites there are mostly...
  5. 2 PCs. Edge synced Favorites without permission. How to undo?

2 PCs. Edge synced Favorites without permission. How to undo?: Two Windows 10 PCs.Both PCs are set to Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows.Most, if not all, of my user files on one of the PCs I have purposefully synced to OneDrive. This PC can be considered nearly single-purpose, and the Edge Favorites there are mostly...
  6. PCs syncing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCs syncing: I bought a new pc and gave my old one to my brother after I gave it to him he log into it with his Microsoft account. But every time he downloads something it shows up on my pc. And whenever I download something it shows up on his pc....
  7. PCs syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PCs syncing: I bought a new pc and gave my old one to my brother after I gave it to him he log into it with his Microsoft account. But every time he downloads something it shows up on my pc. And whenever I download something it shows up on his pc....
  8. PCs syncing

9. Folder sharing between two pcs on same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder sharing between two pcs on same network: Hi, This may be a stupid question to ask my apologise if so. I know how to share one folder between two computers what I do not know if there is a way to share more than one folder to the same mapped drive? For example share Documents and Pictures in the same mapped drive...
  10. Syncing Edge favorites between computers

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Edge favorites between computers: I recently did a clean install of 10 on an older deskstop that I resuscitated. Is there a secret to syncing favorites/reading list between desktop and laptop? I know forever when I would add one to my phone it would show up on my laptop, and vice versa. I have sync enabled on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there a way to sycn favorites between pc

2. do all computers need to be on at same time for edge sync favorites