Windows 10: sync favorites-IE11 in win 10

Discus and support sync favorites-IE11 in win 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hello i have an issue after(clean) reinstalling win 10.i use IE11 as a default browser(not edge) i noticed that all favorites i have recently added... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by vasilisnik, Jul 20, 2016.

1. sync favorites-IE11 in win 10

hello i have an issue after(clean) reinstalling win 10.i use IE11 as a default browser(not edge) i noticed that all favorites i have recently added gone!!i can't sync favoritew in IE11 with win 10?also in IE11 the option ''import from another browser'' is disable.any help please?

:)

vasilisnik, Jul 20, 2016
  2. sba923 Win User

Can Microsoft document all limitations and known issues with syncing favorites between Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1?

I'm spending an awful lot of time (see -- among other threads --
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11-iewindows8_1/ie11-favorites-dont-sync-anymore-between-windows/6c04f698-fafd-4f94-bbde-43e1beb13658)
    getting favorites sync to work (again).

Deleting "Favorites From My Windows 8 Phone
    seems to indicate that there are quite some limitations to that syncing scheme:

1. deleting a favorite on a PC will not cause the corresponding favorite to be deleted on the phone

2. adding a favorite on the phone will not cause the corresponding favorite to be added to the synced PCs

I think the following can be added to the list:

3. renaming a favorite on one PC doesn't rename it on other PCs

4. moving a favorite to another folder doesn't move it on other PCs (to be confirmed)

Are these expected limitations?

Are there other limitations?

Can someone from Microsoft please document what is supposed to work and what not?

P.S. with Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile coming, what can we expect there?

sba923, Jul 20, 2016
  3. Internet Explorer 11 Synced Very Old Favorites ( 5 Yrs. ago items )

Hi People,

I were troubleshooting IE11 in my end user's PC. Issue is after resetting IE11, added Favorites bar.

In that Favorites bar, IE11 synced very old Favorites that includes 5 yrs of favorites. Due to this more than 1000 of Favs mingled with recent ones.

Please suggest me troubleshooting steps to follow.

Thanks.

PrabhakaranR1002, Jul 20, 2016
  4. sync favorites-IE11 in win 10

For starters, have you tried a IE-11 Browser reset?

Reset Internet Explorer settings

• Close all Internet Explorer windows. ...
    • Select the Advanced tab, and then select Reset.
    • In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, select Reset.
    • When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, select Close, and then select OK.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rer-reset.html

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 20, 2016
  5. thiw is bring ''back'' the favorites?i''tried.nothing happened.

vasilisnik, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

sync favorites-IE11 in win 10

1. sync favorites-IE11 in win 10 - Similar Threads - sync favorites IE11

2. Sync Edge and Chrome Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Sync Edge and Chrome Favorites: I want to sync my favorites in Chrome and Edge. I used XMARKS to remove duplicates and sync between different browsers but cannot find an equivalent app since they went out of business. I have found some app that claim to sync just not Chrome and Edge. Any suggestions? 170911
  3. Edge favorites sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge favorites sync: Edge favorites won't sync from pc to Android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/edge-favorites-sync/e2d40dc9-7ea1-4625-b43d-ea9896d023bc
  4. This page can’t be displayed win 10 ie11

in Browsers and Email
    This page can’t be displayed win 10 ie11: hi I am running widows 10 with ie11. I keep getting the error in ie11 This page can’t be displayed. The odd thing is if I open another tab and put in the same link 9 times out of 10 it will connect straight away or if not I can open another tab and this will connect. Its not...
  5. IE11 favorites issue

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 favorites issue: I deleted the favorites folder in Users/me,,,to created a new one ,it did create the new favorites folder but it will now not let me save any favorites ,or i replaced the new folder with the old backed up one ,and it will not show the favorites even though they are in the...
  6. get syncing of favorites to work

in Browsers and Email
    get syncing of favorites to work: Has anyone been able to get the advertised syncing of favorites to work? I have Edge on two pc's and one ultra-light, and a windows phone. All are set to sync but no favorites have synced as yet. Latest fall update has been running for a week on all computers and phone has...
  7. Win 10 Preview How does syncing favorites work across devices? Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 Preview How does syncing favorites work across devices? Edge: I have windows 10 preview 10565 installed on two computers. I have "Sync your content" on in Edge. Should my bookmarks get synced between the two computers? Do I need to do something else to get it work other than turning syncing on? If it doesn't work, is there a file I...
  8. IE11 Favorites in Menu Bar in Windows 10 displayed incorrectly

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Favorites in Menu Bar in Windows 10 displayed incorrectly: I posted this problem in other forums, but alas, no help yet. Here's hoping someone here can assist. Thanks. Favorites have become inaccessible during the process of Organizing Favorites. My IE Favorites were on OneDrive long before upgrading to Windows 10. I have used...
  9. Where and how are Favorites synced

in Browsers and Email
    Where and how are Favorites synced: I am running Windows 10. My Favorites are different in Microsoft Edge than IE. In the past I did sync IE. I have never added any Favorites to Microsoft Edge. How are the Favorites Synced ? Where is Edge getting the Favorites from vs where IE is getting the Favorites...
  10. Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11: I have posted this question/complaint on another thread, but I have been locked out. So I'll try again. Why can't Microsoft fix the Edge import process to reliably import all favorites from IE 11? I have tried all the workarounds including copying the IE 11 favorites to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 ie11 sync favorites on 2 computers