Windows 10: Sync Firefox useing program

Discus and support Sync Firefox useing program in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The sync program I got, 2brightsparks/syncbackpro, just can not seem to sync firefox. I think one issue is fire in use the other seems some sort of... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ZippyDSMlee, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Sync Firefox useing program

The sync program I got, 2brightsparks/syncbackpro, just can not seem to sync firefox. I think one issue is fire in use the other seems some sort of file protection setup.

I kinda got it to work by making a folder to sync too then having the computer with syncbackpro sync that folder to the firefox app data dir.

Is there anyway to do with directly? Or no matter what I have to work around it? I won't use the online sync, I got to much login info in the bookmarks to do that. LOL

:)

ZippyDSMlee, Jul 6, 2016

2. PC Sync does not work with Firefox 3.6

After updating to Firefox 3.6, PC Sync keeps reporting an error when trying to sync the bookmarks.

Firefox states that the add-on "PC Sync 2 Synchronisation extension" is not compatible with Firefox 3.6.

Will there be a solution from Nokia, or are we bound to keep running Firefox 3.5 forever?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What version of Windows is being used? Win7 64-bit

What Service Pack is installed? -

What version of PC Suite is installed? 7.1.40.6

What is the connection method, cable, bluetooth or IR? cable

mm88mm88mm, Jul 6, 2016
  3. ckhxu Win User
    I have a new windows 7 pc and a palm treo pro.

I am unable to install active sync on my windows 7 pc. I get message that the program is incompatible. my browser is Firefox. should I try Internet explorer

ckhxu, Jul 6, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Sync Firefox useing program

Firefox does have the sync option. Just create an email (if you don't want to use your real email) then all bookmarks will be synced instantly on every PC's you run firefox.

Sync Firefox useing program [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jul 6, 2016
  5. Why do I need a firefox account to send it via email?

With logon info in the bookmarks I'm not fond of the idea of sending it over the net anyway.....

ZippyDSMlee, Jul 6, 2016
  6. topgundcp Win User
    It does not send over the email, you just need an account so it can be synced.

If you don't like this idea. You don't need a sync program to do what you want. The bookmarks is stored locally in your PC.
    navigate to: %APPDATA%\Mozilla\firefox\Profiles.... and look for a file called: places.sqlite
    this file contains your current bookmarks. Just manually copy it.

topgundcp, Jul 6, 2016
  7. It still sends the data over over the internet correct?

Like I said above if I use normal syncing methods the file in use locks out some files, the strange thing is I can copy it while in use but not copy it via a sync program.

I guess if I want it home network based to be sure that the copy method used can copy while file is in use(syncbackpro has 2 or 3 types of copying), but when updating the app data folder to make sure FF is turned off so file lock will not interfere.

I should be automate it all. Just try to check all my options out, I been moving passwords and junk to notefiles which is one step away from a sticky note on the monitor but eh I have the memory of a holey rusty siv(colander). LOL

ZippyDSMlee, Jul 6, 2016
  8. topgundcp Win User

places.sqlite is available for copy whether you run firefox or not.

topgundcp, Jul 6, 2016
  9. File lock.....
    1:49:25 PM \Firefox\Profiles\4f3sumqw.default\cookies.sqlite-shm Failed to copy from Right : Safe copy failed. Failed to rename temp file: File is locked (C:\Users\zipwin1064admin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\4f3sumqw.default\cookies.sqlite-shm): The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process 1:49:30 PM \Firefox\Profiles\4f3sumqw.default\cookies.sqlite-wal Failed to copy from Right : Safe copy failed. Failed to rename temp file: File is locked (C:\Users\zipwin1064admin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\4f3sumqw.default\cookies.sqlite-wal): The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process 1:49:31 PM \Firefox\Profiles\4f3sumqw.default\parent.lock Failed to copy from Right : File is locked (\\ZIPPYNEWLAPVAIO\Users\zippylapnewVV\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\4f3sumqw.default\par ent.lock): The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process 1:49:36 PM \Firefox\Profiles\4f3sumqw.default\places.sqlite-shm Failed to copy from Right : Safe copy failed. Failed to rename temp file: File is locked (C:\Users\zipwin1064admin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\4f3sumqw.default\places.sqlite-shm): The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process 1:49:42 PM \Firefox\Profiles\4f3sumqw.default\webappsstore.sqlite-shm Failed to copy from Right : Safe copy failed. Failed to rename temp file: File is locked (C:\Users\zipwin1064admin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\4f3sumqw.default\webappsstore.sql ite-shm): The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process It happens sometimes even with FF is off, but probably just need to to make a manual sync one to run when I am sure its off on both machines to fully update them all correctly.

ZippyDSMlee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sync Firefox useing program - Similar Threads - Sync Firefox useing

2. using firefox browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using firefox browser: Why can't i use firefox as my browser instead of microsoft edge. I am more familiar with firefox. but microsoft wont let me change without the threat of cant come back after switching from S mo...
  3. using firefox browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    using firefox browser: Why can't i use firefox as my browser instead of microsoft edge. I am more familiar with firefox. but microsoft wont let me change without the threat of cant come back after switching from S mo...
  4. Can't use windows game bar to record firefox program.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use windows game bar to record firefox program.: Sometimes when I try to record the screen using windows game bar to record firefox, this error occurs, 0x80070003. It happens only sometimes, and there is one webpage that always generates this error.Any idea why?Thanks....
  5. Firefox Test Pilot Program Returns with Firefox Private Network Beta

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Test Pilot Program Returns with Firefox Private Network Beta: Like a cat, the Test Pilot program has had many lives. It originally started as an Add-on before we relaunched it three years ago. Then in January, we announced that we were evolving our culture of experimentation, and as a result we closed the Test Pilot program to give us...
  6. Firefox For Android Not Syncing Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox For Android Not Syncing Bookmarks: Hello, One day Firefox just stopped syncing bookmarks on my phone. I read somewhere online that Firefox will only sync bookmarks if there are less than 5,000 bookmarks but, I don't have anywhere that many. I know Firefox recently has gone through some UI changes. Could the...
  7. firefox sync issue

in Browsers and Email
    firefox sync issue: I am trying to sync my devices so that they are all the same. For some reason, I am not getting all of my bookmarks, just a few. Where are the bookmarks synced from because some have all of them and some dont. How can i solve this issue? thx How do i make a fresh copy of...
  8. Firefox Sync Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Sync Problem: I recently changed my email address. On my main PC, I deleted my existing Firefox sync account and created a new one to reflect the changed email address. No problems so far. I then deleted the sync information on my laptop and attempted to sign into my newly created sync...
  9. BSOD while using Firefox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while using Firefox: Hi, I'm a first time poster, but this forum has helped me out quite a few times in the past and people here seem to know their stuff, so... Anyway, today was the second time I got a blue screen since getting this computer, like half a year or so ago. It came with Windows...
  10. Need Syncing Program if You Use a VPN? Best Method?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need Syncing Program if You Use a VPN? Best Method?: I work in two different cities and I need to figure out the best method to organize my files and folders. Everyone is using Google Drive, OneDrive, Resilio Sync, SyncThing, and others to sync their files over all their devices. But I don't want to do that due to 2 reasons....