Windows 10: Sync Host error at shut down

Discus and support Sync Host error at shut down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; One drive is disabled, No store and no Microsoft account on this desktop. At shut down this event error will be reported "Sync Host 386de service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Rose W, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Rose W Win User

Sync Host error at shut down

One drive is disabled, No store and no Microsoft account on this desktop.
    At shut down this event error will be reported
    "Sync Host 386de service terminated unexpectedly....corrective action in 10000mlsec ..restart the service
    Searching the registry results in that there is no 386de sync host service
    There are others in the registry but not this recent 386de

Sync Host error at shut down [​IMG]

In the past I did edit the START to be 4 (suggested in this forum general discussion on similar sync host errors)
    The setting was returned to 2 when no change was observed.
    This error tends to appear when external drives remain plugged in.
    Since the Nov. upgrade if externals are left in a usb3 port the system restarts. I now unplug but last night after recent Jan updates I tested by leaving in 1 Usb3 external. ...same restart routine. and the Sync Host error

What is this background service synching to if I do not use cloud service or the store service?

:)

Rose W, Jan 14, 2016
  2. syrbint Win User

Message at shut down "Task Host Window Stopping Background Tasks"

Here is an update to my original post. I don't know if this is what actually triggered a change to my pc, but this is what i did.

1. Open the Control Panel, may have to use the Search Windows on the task bar.

2. Open Security and Maintenance.

Under maintenance you should find Automatic Maintenance and under that it should have Start Maintenance. Click on start, let it run it may take hours. When it is finished you should see the original page with Security and Maintenance.

When you shutdown the pc, use the start menu. If you get the messages about the Tasks Host, do not shutdown by clicking the shutdown anyway. Instead use the power button to force the shutdown.

When I powered up again, the pc started running diagnostic tests on memory and something else. It took probably an hour to run and eventually booted up windows.

Later in the day updates were actually downloading, but very slowly, left the pc run all night. In the morning, in settings, under updates and security the windows updates were ready to install. Which took almost 5 hours. My pc now has Windows 10 Version
    1511 build 10586.17. I somehow bypassed 10586.13, 10586.14 and maybe others.

Windows 10 does not allow you to look back at all of the previous windows updates.

Microsoft just released newer updates yesterday. Currently my pc claims it is up to date. Keeping my fingers crossed.

syrbint, Jan 14, 2016
  3. syrbint Win User
    Message at shut down "Task Host Window Stopping Background Tasks"

I am using Windows 10. Installed in Sept. 2015. Windows Update has been working fine, last successful update was Oct. 31, 2015. The Windows updates are now frozen, some showing installing, others waiting install, waiting download. I have been forcing my
    PC to shutdown ignoring the message "Task Host Window Stopping Background Tasks".
    Just realized the task that has been stopped by the Task Host is my Windows Updates.

I have tried using Ctrl-Alt-Del. That does not shut down the PC or take me to the sign-in screen. I get a page with options: Lock, Change Users, Logoff, Task Manager. I had read this would allow me to start windows in a safe mode. Hoping that would allow
    the updates to continue. I am not a techie my any means.

I have even tried downloading and running a tool : wushowhide.diagcab.exe. Hoping to control what updates were being downloaded. It could not even locate any updates.

Is there anybody who can really help?

Apparently there is no one who has any advise.

I am now occasionally getting the shut down message referencing: \microsoft\windows\windows update\automatic app update.

In the new Windows 10, there is an options in settings to RESET your pc. I am really tempted to try that next.

syrbint, Jan 14, 2016
  4. borgus Win User

Microsoft has acknowledged the issue. It has no obvious impact - at least not on this PC.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3118867

Remedies mentioned below, culled from various forums, do not solve it permanently...

1. Change Bitlocker service to AUTOMATIC

2. Change the START item in this registry key and the "3xxx" OneSyncSvc key below it to 4...
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\OneSyncSvc

That is the same as running the following command, which will disable People, Calendar and Mail apps...
    sc stop "OneSyncSvc"
    sc config "OneSyncSvc" start= disabled

3. In SETTINGS|PRIVACY|CONTACTS, turn off all toggles.

Bottom line: ignore the error.

borgus, Feb 19, 2016
  5. Rose W Win User
    "Bottom line: ignore the error."*chuckle

Seems like this has been the 'routine' for many little things.
    Since I inquired about this- the event error has not been repeating. In fact, I'm almost event error free *Rolleyes
    The performance reliability chart has a high level line and no red dots *Smile
    BUT each notice of an update has a 'okay, get ready' attitude here.

Rose W, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Sync Host error at shut down - Similar Threads - Sync Host error

2. I have the Windows Task Host preventing shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have the Windows Task Host preventing shut down.: Hi, I have the Windows Task Host preventing shut down. I tried the troubleshooting method, didn’t work, edit the registry, didn’t work. Checked update, didn’t see anything needed to be update, didn’t checked the optional updates. Did a quick search online, one comment said...
  3. Shut down error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down error: What is the fix for this error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-error/7676b2c8-d6f1-42c3-8ce8-2d4c76152200
  4. Shut down error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down error: What is the fix for this error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-error/7676b2c8-d6f1-42c3-8ce8-2d4c76152200
  5. Task Host Preventing Shut Down - Language Components Installer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Host Preventing Shut Down - Language Components Installer: hello. for the past 2-3 days ive been having this problem where i can't shut down my laptop properly because it tells me task host is still running and it shows me the path to a .dll file called language components installer. At first i thought an error happened while...
  6. host processing for sync

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    host processing for sync: if turned off on home computer, will I still be able to use other computers or cell? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/host-processing-for-sync/bb44f2c2-b2c3-47a5-8f3f-f7cd872af15c
  7. error on shut down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error on shut down: recently updated Win 7 32 bit to Win 10. all updates downloaded and operates satisfactory however on reboot or shut down following error message occurs: ' the instruction at 0x55B89DAA referenced memory of 0x034D9AA4. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to...
  8. Task Host appears one shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Host appears one shutting down: I have a new (a few months) Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. When I try to shut down, I get a screen stating "Task Host" is operating and asking me to close programs or gives me the option to force shutdown. This is confusing. The Computer works fine. I cannot imagine I need to...
  9. Shut down error

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down error: Hi,the "shutting down" message is continually on screen so I'm unable to do anything. Turning the power off and on just returns me to the same shutting down message. Suggestions please. 42730
  10. Task host is stopping Windows shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task host is stopping Windows shutting down: Hi all Got a message like "Task host is stopping Windows shutting down" on a recent shutdown. Anyone tell me what "Task host" is and whether its staying open at shutdown means anything I should investigate? Thanks 102672