Windows 10: Sync settings

Discus and support Sync settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello Guys, Could anyone tell me how often windows 10 syncs setting to OneDrive, to get to it I logged into my Microsoft account/OneDrive/Settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tonymarcus, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Sync settings

Hello Guys,

Could anyone tell me how often windows 10 syncs setting to OneDrive, to get to it I logged into my Microsoft account/OneDrive/Settings (gear wheel top right of IE window) then device backup's in left menu.

I have just installed Windows 10 and noticed that my back up date was 2-3 weeks old, I've made quite a few modern app changes and wanted a new back up so I deleted the back up but it will not re sync.

I have tried turning Sync settings option off and on again but the back up will not run, does anyone know how often it runs and it there a way of forcing it to back up my settings.

Thanks

Tony

:)

tonymarcus, Sep 21, 2015
  2. Pinkneyrw Win User

Settings > Accounts > Sync your settings

I get a message in my account settings stating that "Sync is not available for your account. Contact your system administrator to resolve this." I'm the administrator, haw do I fix this?

Pinkneyrw, Sep 21, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Settings > Accounts > Sync your settings

Hi Pinkneyrw, please try this:

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Accounts - Access Work or School

Is there an Office 365 Account listed there?

If so, removing that will resolve this error . . .

DaveM121, Sep 21, 2015
  4. Sync settings

From what I know there is no Sync settings like it was with Windows 8/8.1 right now you can not backup your settings to OneDrive

ShakedBenratzon, Sep 25, 2015
  5. So if I was to do a format and reinstall I would lose all my settings and apps etc?

tonymarcus, Sep 25, 2015
  6. Yes I am pretty sure that what will happen if you will format maybe but just maybe some kind of basic settings will be restore

ShakedBenratzon, Sep 25, 2015
  7. Onedrive works perfectly fine, you just have to log in first. Click your Onedrive app and it will walk you through it.

It will sync whenever files are changed on the computer (in the Onedrive folder, or whenever you log in, and possibly at intervals. So often, so much so that I never even think about it because everything is constantly up to date.

DustSailor, Sep 25, 2015
  8. Sync settings

The files are syncing between my OneDrive account and computer perfectly it's just the device back ups that are not working

tonymarcus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Sync settings

1. Sync settings - Similar Threads - Sync settings

2. How to set up sync partnership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set up sync partnership: How to set up sync partnership https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-sync-partnership/03718261-c9ad-4d4f-a8c8-bc539a8f4f0f
  3. How to set up sync partnership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set up sync partnership: How to set up sync partnership https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-sync-partnership/03718261-c9ad-4d4f-a8c8-bc539a8f4f0f
  4. Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth

Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth: Hi,I was wandering if there is a way to create new users for personal use, just for create separated environments with different programs installed, different sessions with own desktop etc...These different "users" should share the same microsoft account and settings, so I...
  5. Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth: Hi,I was wandering if there is a way to create new users for personal use, just for create separated environments with different programs installed, different sessions with own desktop etc...These different "users" should share the same microsoft account and settings, so I...
  6. Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync: New PC, first set up with Windows 11 Pro already installed forces you to sign in - NO I dont want that ever .... world of hacking big fat no more exposure sync thingsHow do I set up with out signing and create a local account - stuck on set up device and cant do anything else...
  8. Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync

Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync: New PC, first set up with Windows 11 Pro already installed forces you to sign in - NO I dont want that ever .... world of hacking big fat no more exposure sync thingsHow do I set up with out signing and create a local account - stuck on set up device and cant do anything else...
  9. Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out: I'm using 2 accounts in my Windows 11. One work account and one private account so I can use 2 OneDrives. The private account is used to sync i.e. photos from my cell phone which isn't possible to do with the work account due to GDPR. So I have 2x 1TB available for i.e....
  10. Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out

Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out: I'm using 2 accounts in my Windows 11. One work account and one private account so I can use 2 OneDrives. The private account is used to sync i.e. photos from my cell phone which isn't possible to do with the work account due to GDPR. So I have 2x 1TB available for i.e....