Windows 10: Synced Tabs

Discus and support Synced Tabs in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Not seen this mentioned anywhere...came across it by accident....When opening a web page a tab appears at top...to the right of the X which closes the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dencal, Oct 11, 2014.

1. dencal Win User

Synced Tabs

Not seen this mentioned anywhere...came across it by accident....When opening a web page a tab appears at top...to the right of the X which closes the window is a "New tab" square....click on this to be able to open instantly any one of your ten most used web pages.

:)

dencal, Oct 11, 2014

2. Media Player

Connect your USB thumb drive

Under the Play tab, drag and drop your tracks

Click the Sync tab

Click the Sync options menu under the Sync tab

Click Set up sync

Andre Da Costa, Oct 11, 2014
  3. Repeatedly beginning media synchronization

See if this helps gasdoc:

If your device syncs automatically, the Player starts sync every time you connect the device to a computer. You can turn this option off if you want to choose when sync starts by doing the following:

• Click the arrow below the Sync tab, point to the device, and then clickAdvanced Options.

• The properties dialog box for your device is displayed. In the Sync tab, clear theStart sync when device connects check box.

The next time you want to sync, connect the device to your computer, click theSync tab, and then click
      Start Sync.

Jack Cook

http://www.experiencemobility.net

http://www.mobilitysite.com

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 11, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

Synced Tabs

I think that is the default setting, but you can change the setting, (in IE), to 'blank tab' or 'first home page' if you wish.

Edwin, Oct 11, 2014
  5. Dude Win User
    dencal, Edwin is correct, it looks like this

Synced Tabs [​IMG]

6. dencal Win User
    Perhaps I should make myself clearer....I have three computer setups...A laptop with w8.1...A desktop with W8.1 pro + media....And a desktop with W10.....Clicking on the "New tab" not only gives me my ten most frequently used web pages but also the option of choosing any web pages from all three computers because they are synced in the cloud.
    I thought others who like myself not knowing this might wish to use this valuable asset....Nothing to do with Internet Options setups as you both quote, as it is standard with a synced Microsoft Account.

dencal, Oct 11, 2014
  7. Dude Win User
    I have my PC synced also. What does it show if you click the tabs button on the ss I posted above?

Setting it to blank page will stop it from showing the new tab page

New-Tab Page. IE's new-tab page is possibly the most useful of all such pages. Not only does it show tiles for your frequently visited sites (which you can edit or hide), but it also lets you reopen recently closed tabs, reopen the last session, or start InPrivate browsing.

Yes, it is very useful

8. strollin Win User

Synced Tabs

This is an example of why I have no desire to run with a MS Account and have things synced between computers. Just because I navigated to a website on one of my computers does not mean that I ever wish to navigate to that same website on any of my other computers. I prefer having each of my computers setup differently and don't wish them to be clones of each other. I'll stick with using local accounts on each system.

strollin, Oct 11, 2014
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It is a nice feature that was added since Windows 8.1. Here's more details about it for others. *Smile

Internet Explorer 11 Synced Tabs - Open in Windows 8.1

Brink, Oct 11, 2014
  10. dencal Win User
    You can give each computer instructions to as to whether you wish to clone from one to another or block from one to others with either an MS Account or a Local account.
    And you can also turn off syncing altogether if you so wish.

dencal, Oct 11, 2014
  11. strollin Win User
    I know I can do that kind of tweaking OR I can simply use a local account and be done with it.

strollin, Oct 11, 2014
  12. Dude Win User
    marked as solved so it must be good *Thumbs

Thema:

Synced Tabs

1. Synced Tabs - Similar Threads - Synced Tabs

2. Add all open tabs to favourites on mobile edge. why don’t my iOs devices sync up with my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add all open tabs to favourites on mobile edge. why don’t my iOs devices sync up with my...: is there any way to add all open tabs to favourites on the mobile version of edge. Also why don’t my iOs devices sync up with my edge on my pc?...
  3. Add all open tabs to favourites on mobile edge. why don’t my iOs devices sync up with my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add all open tabs to favourites on mobile edge. why don’t my iOs devices sync up with my...: is there any way to add all open tabs to favourites on the mobile version of edge. Also why don’t my iOs devices sync up with my edge on my pc?...
  4. Add all open tabs to favourites on mobile edge. why don’t my iOs devices sync up with my...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. OneDrive keeps alt-tabbing me out of fullscreen applications when sync occurs.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive keeps alt-tabbing me out of fullscreen applications when sync occurs.: This has been happening for a few weeks now. Randomly, out of the blue, I'll be playing a game in fullscreen and I'll randomly be alt-tabbed. What I've found is that this only occurs when OneDrive is syncing files. Anyone else have this issue or have any sort of guidance?...
  6. OneDrive keeps alt-tabbing me out of fullscreen applications when sync occurs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive keeps alt-tabbing me out of fullscreen applications when sync occurs.: This has been happening for a few weeks now. Randomly, out of the blue, I'll be playing a game in fullscreen and I'll randomly be alt-tabbed. What I've found is that this only occurs when OneDrive is syncing files. Anyone else have this issue or have any sort of guidance?...
  7. OneDrive keeps alt-tabbing me out of fullscreen applications when sync occurs.

8. Microsoft Edge tabs sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge tabs sync: My laptop died and I have purchased a new one, but my previous tabs have disappeared and are not showing up on sync. Are they linked to my google or Microsoft account? Is there any way to get them back?...
  9. Microsoft Edge tabs sync

Microsoft Edge tabs sync: My laptop died and I have purchased a new one, but my previous tabs have disappeared and are not showing up on sync. Are they linked to my google or Microsoft account? Is there any way to get them back?...
  10. How to enable and Sync Microsoft Edge Tabs across Devices

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable and Sync Microsoft Edge Tabs across Devices: [ATTACH]If you use Microsoft Edge on your PC and your smartphone, with Tab sync […] This article How to enable and Sync Microsoft Edge Tabs across Devices first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...