Windows 10: Syncing computer Cloud with Microsoft Cloud

Discus and support Syncing computer Cloud with Microsoft Cloud in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Apparently I really messed up somehow. The Microsoft Cloud is no longer uploading the files from my computer’s Cloud. This is the message I get when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bonnie Jeanne, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Syncing computer Cloud with Microsoft Cloud

Apparently I really messed up somehow. The Microsoft Cloud is no longer uploading the files from my computer’s Cloud. This is the message I get when I try to force it. What did I do wrong and how do I correct it? NOTE: I removed the users name for privacy purposes here… thus the blank space.

“C:\Users\ \OneDrive\Pictures\History is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you’re connected to the network or Internet, and they try again. If the location still can’t be found, it might have been moved or deleted.”
    I thought the proper/correct way to get things to move to the Microsoft Cloud was to place the files/data in the computer Cloud and it would do its thing by automatically uploading and keeping it updated with new files or updated documents/photos.

If this is NOT the correct way, once I get this mess resolved, what is the correct way?

Many thanks to anyone who can truly help me. I am not a complete novice but sure feel like it on the Windows 10 database/computer!

:)

Bonnie Jeanne, Sep 8, 2015

2. Mango and WMDC or Active Sync

I think you're missing the point. Most of us who object to limiting the sync options to cloud syncing understand the convenience aspect. We largely object to being forced to keep all our personal information on someone else's computers. Would you think it
    was ok if the cloud was maintained by some guy down the street on his laptop? No. Why not? Probably because you'd worry about how secure and reliable his laptop was, and you wouldn't want him to have all your personal information. Clouds are just bigger
    computers with better security operated by people with whom you wouldn't normally share your info. Ask Amazon customers how infallible cloud systems are. Ask Sony how easy it is to defend data against hackers. I have no problem with people using clouds if
    they choose. I just want a simple, direct sync option for those of us who don't want to use them. I believe that Microsoft is losing a chunk of potential business by not including this feature. Sadly, an iPhone syncs with Microsoft Outlook directly, but
    Microsoft Windows Phones don't! Go figure...

Bob Eubanks, Sep 8, 2015
  3. [Epstein] Win User
    [Epstein], Sep 8, 2015
Thema:

Syncing computer Cloud with Microsoft Cloud

1. Syncing computer Cloud with Microsoft Cloud - Similar Threads - Syncing computer Cloud

2. Microsoft Cloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Cloud: Everything I do lands up in the cloud.How do you turn it off?Thanks for any help with this.KEN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-cloud/9f2f4833-06a7-448c-8410-f6c88a39cb7f
  3. Microsoft Cloud

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Cloud: Everything I do lands up in the cloud.How do you turn it off?Thanks for any help with this.KEN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-cloud/9f2f4833-06a7-448c-8410-f6c88a39cb7f
  4. Cloud synced settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloud synced settings: Hi, I want to clear my cloud synced settings, so I go to Microsoft account Devices and click clear synced settings at the bottom of the page.It then takes me to this website Delete your personal settings from the cloud live.com. Then I click remove at the bottom of this page...
  5. Cloud synced settings

Cloud synced settings: Hi, I want to clear my cloud synced settings, so I go to Microsoft account Devices and click clear synced settings at the bottom of the page.It then takes me to this website Delete your personal settings from the cloud live.com. Then I click remove at the bottom of this page...
  6. Microsoft Flight Simulator Cloud Sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Cloud Sync: Is there anyway to stop Microsoft Flight Simulator from syncing data to the cloud or my Xbox profile? I have searched around but had no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-flight-simulator-cloud-sync/44c0793f-9b4d-4ea9-a925-4d5b30b95857
  7. Microsoft Whiteboard - Files stopped syncing to the cloud

Microsoft Whiteboard - Files stopped syncing to the cloud: Since yesterday, all the whiteboards that I've worked on have stopped syncing to the cloud. I see the red error message on all of the whiteboards I've edited - the one that says that changes have not been saved. When I click Try Again, it just loads for a while before...
  8. What is synced to the cloud?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is synced to the cloud?: Hello! This is my first proper post here, so please be gentle :). I am new to Win 10, coming from Win7. I made a backup "image" of my new Windows 10 instalation (with Acronis True Image), as soon as Windows was installed and activated, along with graphics drivers, mouse...
  9. App is not syncing to the cloud

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App is not syncing to the cloud: I encountered an issue with the Book Bazaar Reader since it is not syncing to cloud. What is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-is-not-syncing-to-the-cloud/7142990d-d324-49b7-ace2-24aa0955fccb
  10. App is not syncing to the cloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App is not syncing to the cloud: I encountered an issue with the Book Bazaar Reader since it is not syncing to cloud. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-is-not-syncing-to-the-cloud/7bcfe046-63d2-46a5-888f-9b793165abc6