Windows 10: Syncing settings on Windows 10

Discus and support Syncing settings on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Okay, so from what I understand, I can sync my personalization settings to all of my Windows 10 devices that I use with my Microsoft account. I have my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by marievalois, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Syncing settings on Windows 10

Okay, so from what I understand, I can sync my personalization settings to all of my Windows 10 devices that I use with my Microsoft account. I have my own personal laptop PC, and a family shared computer where we all have our own individual profiles and desktops... but my settings don't sync, even though on both PCs in my account, I have it so settings are supposed to sync.

Does it matter which PC I use to change a setting for it to sync/transfer over to the other PC? I tend to use my laptop more than the family computer.

:)

marievalois, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Stop Windows 10 syncing keyboard settings

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to Turn off the Language preference and Ease of access Sync settings and check if it helps. You may follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key and then type Sync your settings.
    • Turn off language preference and ease of access.
    Refer to the Microsoft help article below and check if it helps.

About sync settings on Windows 10 devices

Hope this helps. Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 15, 2018
  4. Darshan J Win User

Syncing settings on Windows 10

Cant sync settings in Windows 10

Hi,

To help you better please help us with the below information.

• Did you make any recent software/hardware changes on your computer?
    • Have you signed in to your computer using Microsoft account?
    • Is the sync settings is greyed out in the settings Windows?
    As an initial step I would suggest you sign out of Microsoft account and sign in again, see if the issue is resolved.

Also install all the pending updates on your system and check if it helps.

Refer the below link to know more about Sync settings

About sync settings on Windows 10 devices

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...cfa/about-sync-settings-on-windows-10-devices

Get back to us if you need further help on your issue.

Darshan J, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Syncing settings on Windows 10

1. Syncing settings on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Syncing settings

2. Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth: Hi,I was wandering if there is a way to create new users for personal use, just for create separated environments with different programs installed, different sessions with own desktop etc...These different "users" should share the same microsoft account and settings, so I...
  3. Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth: Hi,I was wandering if there is a way to create new users for personal use, just for create separated environments with different programs installed, different sessions with own desktop etc...These different "users" should share the same microsoft account and settings, so I...
  4. Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync: New PC, first set up with Windows 11 Pro already installed forces you to sign in - NO I dont want that ever .... world of hacking big fat no more exposure sync thingsHow do I set up with out signing and create a local account - stuck on set up device and cant do anything else...
  6. Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync

Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync: New PC, first set up with Windows 11 Pro already installed forces you to sign in - NO I dont want that ever .... world of hacking big fat no more exposure sync thingsHow do I set up with out signing and create a local account - stuck on set up device and cant do anything else...
  7. Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out: I'm using 2 accounts in my Windows 11. One work account and one private account so I can use 2 OneDrives. The private account is used to sync i.e. photos from my cell phone which isn't possible to do with the work account due to GDPR. So I have 2x 1TB available for i.e....
  8. Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out

Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out: I'm using 2 accounts in my Windows 11. One work account and one private account so I can use 2 OneDrives. The private account is used to sync i.e. photos from my cell phone which isn't possible to do with the work account due to GDPR. So I have 2x 1TB available for i.e....
  9. How to sync/transfer Windows 10 Settings, MS Store Installed Apps, Manually Installed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sync/transfer Windows 10 Settings, MS Store Installed Apps, Manually Installed...: I have SSD + HDD in my laptop. I am upgrading my SSD in my laptop. My NVMe SSD is dedicated to Windows 10 installation & usage. It is obvious that a brand new SSD will never have any OS & data on it so I will be installing it from Bootable USB drive which is created using...
  10. How to sync/transfer Windows 10 Settings, MS Store Installed Apps, Manually Installed...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to sync/transfer Windows 10 Settings, MS Store Installed Apps, Manually Installed...: I have SSD + HDD in my laptop. I am upgrading my SSD in my laptop. My NVMe SSD is dedicated to Windows 10 installation & usage. It is obvious that a brand new SSD will never have any OS & data on it so I will be installing it from Bootable USB drive which is created using...