Windows 10: Syncronize domain accounts customization same as Local account admin

Discus and support Syncronize domain accounts customization same as Local account admin in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm new to the forum, so I will try my best to be clear as possible in describing my issues. For the past month I've been trying to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by skifle77, Jan 18, 2017.

1. skifle77 Win User

Syncronize domain accounts customization same as Local account admin

Hi there,
    I'm new to the forum, so I will try my best to be clear as possible in describing my issues.
    For the past month I've been trying to customize the look of my windows 10 such as folders, start menu, notifications and uninstall of apps in powershell with the local account. Whenever I join a domain all the work I've done with the local account is not there. Meaning, the apps, notifications and start titles are back again.
    Not only that, If I do that work with a domain account and another users login, everything is back like brand new again.
    This is becoming very frustrating, I'm in need of help since it Is for my job.
    Thanks

:)

skifle77, Jan 18, 2017
  2. DC_981 Win User

Windows 10 You may not have the appropriate permissions to access rundll32.exe

I have the same issue.

Just installed Windows 10 after reformatting the hard drive. Added the machine to a domain and logged into the machine using the domain administrator account and get this same message. I can access this if I log in under the local admin account but not
    the domain admin account.

DC_981, Jan 18, 2017
  3. Gepi---01 Win User
    Can't see contacts on networked computer - Error 208

We currently work on a Windows domain environment, which has a folder redirection policy, that moves all documents, desktop and most of application data (only the folders we specify) to a windows 2k3 server.

We have a user with OVI Suite (latest version) and Windows 7 32 bit, and he cannot browse his contacts in OVI, it always shows "Error 208" and says something like "disconnect the phone and connect it again".

What we tried:

Running the software with a domain admin account on the same computer - Works

Reinstalling the software with the user account as local administrator and running the software with the domain admin account - Works

Running the software with the user as local administrator - Does not work

Reinstalling the software with the user account as local administrator - Does not work

The difference between the domain admin account and the user account as local admin, on a local computer, basically is that the domain admin account does not receive the folder redirection policy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gepi---01, Jan 18, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Domain account is an independent user account with its own profile. It has basically nothing to do with a local account and its customisations. A domain admin can have set various group policies to be applied when user has joined a domain, but these policies and settings do not apply to local account. Further, another domain account is again an independent user account and has independent profile.

On a single user PC with one local account and one domain account there are therefore two totally different user accounts and profiles, although they both belong to same user.

5. skifle77 Win User
    Thank you for your quick reply. Basically, I would have to be familiar with "Group Policy" in order to have domain accounts Iook the same for all users when they login. Any "Group Policy" link training for w10 you recommend.
    Thank you again

skifle77, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Syncronize domain accounts customization same as Local account admin - Similar Threads - Syncronize domain accounts

2. Admin account picture syncronizing to local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin account picture syncronizing to local account: My parent’s computer has had an annoying problem recently. My dad has an admin account, and my mom and I have a local account. Whenever my mom signs into her account, she receives a duplicate picture of the admin’s account. We tried changing it, restart the PC to see if the...
  3. Using same password for both Local Admin and Standard accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Using same password for both Local Admin and Standard accounts?: Hi everyone! Just need some user account advise here. -I am the only person using my machine and no one else. -Machine is a Standalone meaning it is not domain-joined. -Running BitLocker full encryption with TPM and PIN -User account lockout after failed password attempts...
  4. Syncronization between two account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Syncronization between two account: On my Windows 10 Pro computer I have two accounts, one administrative and the other standard. The administrative account is correctly linked to my Mirosoft account. The standard account does not accept my username e-Mail because it is already used in my administrative...
  5. Local admin account vs domain admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local admin account vs domain admin account: Can both local admin account and domain admin account make changes on the Windows 10 Pro PC? Like installing programs, uninstalling, making network changes etc. Does one account has more access than the other?...
  6. duplicate current admin settings of local account to a local user account on same system

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    duplicate current admin settings of local account to a local user account on same system: So I have set up everything as I want it with an admin account on a fresh install of win 10 home . Now I want to have 1 user account and 1 admin account for security reason (the same user for both accounts). How do I duplicate all the settings and apps I currently have on the...
  7. Domain and Local account login

Domain and Local account login: Hello, I have an Azure joined laptop with my domain account. Also I have a local account on the laptop as well. When I start the device, it logs into the local account first (no password on the local account so signs straight in). To get onto my domain account, I have...
  8. Give Local account with Admin rights, same access as "Administrator"?`

Give Local account with Admin rights, same access as "Administrator"?`: I have discovered that there is a difference between the original local "Administrator" account and my (local) admin account. For instance my admin account cannot add a new user, whereas "Administrator" can. I absolutely do not want an MS online account - I want to have a...
  9. Domain admin account as built-in admin account

Domain admin account as built-in admin account: I just upgraded two brand new pc's from Win 7 to Win 10. Computers were already added to the domain in Win 7 and I was logged into the domain administrator account when I did the upgrade to Win 10. Now when I am logged in with the domain administrator account, I can't open...
  10. Domain to Local Account Issues

Domain to Local Account Issues: Hello, one and all! When I initially upgraded to 10 from 8.1 I created a local account and logged into my Microsoft Account. I just recently used the Windows Server Essentials 2012 Connector to get on the domain at work. After all of that completed successfully I went to...